Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-20-2013, 12:44 PM

Just came home from the quilt shop I will need to spend the day washing fabric tomorrow. I got enough fabric to make me one and one for my sister also Looking forward to getting started.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 PM

Productive day for the most part- runner is sandwiched and quilted - Yosemitesa- do you want to look? HUH -HUh-Huh?
Guess what- NO PEEKING wouldn't be fair to those still waiting and to those still working and deciding-

Still need to tie all the thread ends off. One day, I will figure out how to stitch in the ditch in the little parts and not have to cut threads.

Tomorrow will finish up and clean up the sewing area to go on to the next project - my son's quilt. Surprised this mom when I asked him if he wanted quilt ( he is 31 years old ) and he said " that would be cool!" So what is a mom to do but get on it before he changes his mind.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:17 AM

Oh Sapdoggie you are so on top of things. I feel I am doing good just having the pattern and the fabric picked out. Mine will be quilted by hand I must learn to quilt on my machine.
How you are all having a great day
Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 AM

Well I haven't been very talkative on here...my family would never believe that, lol! I have the center of tam moo's little table mat sewn together....looks very rich...using a charm pack I forgot I had...from last year maybe? It is Sandy Gervais' Gobble, Gobble for Moda. I loved that whole line! Don't worry tam moo it isn't Halloween fabric but it is lovely fall fabrics! Anyone familiar? Wish I had bought gobbles...er...I mean gobs of that when it came out.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:23 AM

Table runner top is finished. Now to find a suitable backing and sandwich to quilt. Following a pattern I found online but made it a bit bigger -- Loving the fall colors. This is really getting me ready for my favorite time of the year. Plan to finish the quilting and binding by the end of the weekend.

Full time job sure does get in the way of my quilting passion!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 AM

Pink Lady - I am not usually on top of anything- except a pile of fabric scraps and laundry ! I do have a trip planned the first part of September that involves part of the Hop Across TX - sew excited Wanted to get the loose ends done so I can look for more ideas and fabric- like I need more ideas and fabric

One day, I want to try hand quilting. It looks so soft and cuddly to me- not sure that is a quilting term. I have some stamped embroidery squares I made for my first grandson - who is now 6 ! Can you tell I am a few years behind- also a few grandkids behind. I now have two more grandsons- ages 5 and 4 and a granddaughter who is 4 and one on the way due in Feb. So, I have to get on the ball here. They have fleece blankets and have made one quilt. The other three have blocks done, but need to assemble.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:31 AM

Well Sapdoggie I am waiting for the day that the first grandchild shows up. I have a quilt done all ready for him or her. Saying that the first top I ever made is not quilted yet . When is the cutoff date for getting that one done lol. maybe this winter I will get to it.
We always need more ideas and fabric come on up i can share some of mine Nova Scotia is a nice place to visit.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 AM

Jaba, thanks for the well wishes. Took DH (now guess, does D stand for dear or d----?) to the doc to check the swelling, his foot still looks like a balloon on the end of his leg. She ordered an air cast and boot that she thinks wil be more comfy. She told him not to put any weight on it for at least another week, then a second week if it doesn't feel remarkably better. So it looks like I am on duty, urnial and slave, for longer than I thought. I remember when I sprained my ankle and couldn't wear my jump boots to work for 3 weeks and I only missed one day of work and no days of cooking, cleaning, etc. He's gonna milk this for all it's worth! It looks nasty so I'm sure it hurts but he doesn't have to be so crabby! Don't worry, I'll survive.....

I am going through sewing machine withdraw. I had planned to sew yesterday afternoon but ended up washing walls and baseboards and have lots more to do. I need to go back out and get the air cast, boot and knee scooter the doc ordered and do some grocery shopping so my quilt may have to wait again.

Maybe I can find a few minutes to decide on a pattern to use for my runner. I have some gorgeous fabrics just need to decide how I want them meshed together.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM

Well I feel like I have been some forward progress when I was out running errands yesterday. It's been super crazy busy this past week or so. I just got back from a 3 day/2 night scout campout with my son who was here for the summer, and yesterday was his 11th birthday. So between getting the both of us ready for camp last week, we still had quilt group and our regular scout meeting. Then we both was sooooo tired we had to take several days to recoup. As if I was allowed to do such a thing... and then yesterday was the birthday thang, today is quilt group and a months worth of laundry to do. Tomorrow is a scout meeting and Friday he goes back to Dad's for school.
But anyhows ... I managed to come up with a new selection of fall themed fabrics to work with. And yes, me & my partner have been in contact and found that we have very similar taste in decor. I am looking forward to the weekend where I'm going to be able to catch my breathe. And start working on getting back to my "normal" routine around. I'll take pics of fabric to share on my next post.

Dashing for dinner,
Tricia
Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 AM

I'M BACK! I spent yesterday peeling and cutting all those marvelous little apples that Jaba gave me. I was so tired lastnight but I did finish canning the apple pie filling I made and the house smelled divine. I have clinic today and think Friday is the soonest I can sew again. Slow sewing week I am afraid.

NOW on a quilting alert: Nancy in Louisiana would like to play for a runner swap if anyone is interested. Please let me know she was gone on vacation for a month and missed the sign ups. She is a great quilter and a solid player so anyone interested SHOUT out to me in PM so I can let her know.

Thanks! I hope all of you are having fun. I hear lots of quilting stories, real life stories and well I love seeing the team play together so nicely.