Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

oh Marybeth will be thrilled. She is heading to Washington for a week so not sure when she gets back on here but she was anxious for you to say you got it. Phew!

PLEASE TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR RUNNERS RECEIVED if you cant please have your partner post one. Its a beautiful way to finsh the swap and encourages others to join the next one!

I woke up this morning 4:50 a.m. and looked at the temp... 69 degrees. NOT a good sign. should hit 100 today and that isnt good. Ran the air yesterday and since its a window air conditioner it was cool til 4 then it seemed it just kept creeping up. it was 80 at 8 p.m. UGH this is so not good for the forest, I see fires galore if this continues. It had better not .. I was listening to the radio yesterday and they said cooling trend starts coming in, Sunday will be much cooler.. 95 hello where is that MUCH cooler than 100. I think honestly they feel the same.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I am so glad you liked it....I was worried about getting the right colors. All the fabrics were pre-washed and the batting is polyester so I hope it stays flat. Please don't feel rushed, I know I have a great runner coming....sometimes we just run into a lot of life issues and our fun time is limited. I won't call the swap police...lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
    Kiffie, http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18374.html I can't get the three pictures of fabric choices to post on here : / The link goes to my photo album what it is posted in. Would you please let me know which of the three you like best? Mal
    Love 1 and 2!
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Started FMQ my runner today. This is my first real fmq'd project. I really like how it started, and then.....well,l spent an hour tearing out the next part. It looked great in my mind! Oh well, it's just time and I have learned a valuable lesson. Oh Dabbler I hope you like it!

FYI: I AM THE SWAP POLICE I know all so no secrets here honeybuns! If your going to be late and your partner is cool with that all is good. If someone is disgruntled however I need to hear about it in PM ok? no venting here just to me (LUCKY ME!)

another scorcher today but like that weather guy said MUCH cooler heck only 95 today not 100. phew. that will feel way cooler .. in theory I guess because truth be told it will suck as much as 100 in my little minds eye. I dont like heat much ... I am going to sew today take a break from reality here and sew.. besides lol its right next to the air conditioner so its a double fun thing Ya' all have a grand snickity kind of day and I will do my best too. I am thinking time is flying quickly and soon I will say goodbye to CA maybe for the last time.. wow.. need to find out if Jaba wants that special wine or not.. oh Jaba... vino for two?
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    Started FMQ my runner today. This is my first real fmq'd project. I really like how it started, and then.....well,l spent an hour tearing out the next part. It looked great in my mind! Oh well, it's just time and I have learned a valuable lesson. Oh Dabbler I hope you like it!
    I just want to tell you that my dh has told me that he thinks I actually LIKE ripping out my work more than I do making it! ..If he wasn't teasing, I would have used different initials than dh to describe him...but he is right that it seems I do a fair share + of taking out my fmq...and when all of my quilty "sisters" have told me to leave well enough alone, I am thinking maybe I am the one who sees way more flaws than others...could it be?? Huh??...LOL....So, from a fellow "ripper/tearer of stitches", lets try to say to ourselves, "My work is fine, there are no quilt police...and if there are, we don't know them, can't see them, nor hear them!"
    Quilty hugs,
    Kif

Blog Entries
    I got my topper, I got my topper.. nah nah nah nah nah. It came yesterday but I didn't allow myself to open it until I finished my homework first.

SandyInz4 not only made me an awesome topper that even my husband liked (that's saying something), she also sent along goodies and patterns and pictures, oh my! The best goody of the lot was a silicone finger-cover for pulling hot cookie sheets out of the oven. I put it on my hand & "quacked" at Alice (the dog) and she went bat-sh*t thinking it was a toy for her.

Here's a picture... silicone toy antagonizer not included.

Name:  IMG_0139[1].jpg
Views: 158
Size:  653.5 KB
    Mischief Managed.

My runner is DONE!!! Grandma Di...hubby said you don't "need" it do you??? Lol. He loves it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    My runner is DONE!!! Grandma Di...hubby said you don't "need" it do you??? Lol. He loves it!!!
    Guess you are gonna need to make a repeat. One for him too. LOL
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    FYI: I AM THE SWAP POLICE I know all so no secrets here honeybuns! If your going to be late and your partner is cool with that all is good. If someone is disgruntled however I need to hear about it in PM ok? no venting here just to me (LUCKY ME!)

another scorcher today but like that weather guy said MUCH cooler heck only 95 today not 100. phew. that will feel way cooler .. in theory I guess because truth be told it will suck as much as 100 in my little minds eye. I dont like heat much ... I am going to sew today take a break from reality here and sew.. besides lol its right next to the air conditioner so its a double fun thing Ya' all have a grand snickity kind of day and I will do my best too. I am thinking time is flying quickly and soon I will say goodbye to CA maybe for the last time.. wow.. need to find out if Jaba wants that special wine or not.. oh Jaba... vino for two?
    The temps hit 107 here last week.

Just reading the posts and I am one of the guilty non-posters! I have been working in my backyard ripping out lawn for my garden and SLOOOOWLY working on Jaba's runner! I was almost done with it and discovered an error in the pattern! EEERRRGGG!!!! Out came the seam ripper and the measuring tape. I had to redo and re-measure some of the blocks. I am just about ready to finish putting it together and start quilting. So between fixing the runner and the backyard, I am one tired lady! It has been almost 100 degrees here for the past week. Not the best weather to be sitting next to the hot iron and under the hot light bulbs in my sewing room or out digging in the garden. We are trying not to run the AC since it can be costly! Onward to completion of both projects!

oh Kelly how lucky you are! love love love your tablemat and goodies... a quacking pot holder??? my cats would run for higher water! ahhh noise!!! lol they are so dif from dogs huh?

Aunt Crabby so good to hear from you, Jaba was worried. You have just eased her mind a bit ... phew.
    Linda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    That blue and white table mat looks beautiful Kelly! Glad to hear you're still around Aunt Crabby, sounds pretty hot in your neck of the woods. Think I'd be turning on the AC

Blog Entries
    Mine will be going into the mail today if there isn't a monsoon. Seems like New York has swapped weather with Florida or India. More flooding expected today.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Finished boom swap, sewed binding on 5 quilts (working on that pesky hand-stitching to back part) Fabric settled on, pattern picked out. I think it's time to start cutting and sewing!!! Yay
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    I am finishing up labels and the binding on the double wedding ring quilt. Had so many other things to get done this last weekend on the longarm that I put the binding aside for work since boss is gone and I am caught up. I can live with this. So proud of you teriann that you are still sticking to your guns and not letting the issue at hand deter you from your task. Be sure to not overdo. i am more concerned for your eye sight than a table runner. I will be glad to wait.
    May I mail both my runners out tomorrow to my partners? Are you two ok with that? I just want to be sure I don't forget them since they are done (almost) and waiting.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Ok...here is the picture of Grandma Di's runner...shhh...don't tell her!!! http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...89-418185.html

Today is my last day of anniversary vacation. DH is back at work and I am trying to "bless" this messy home. Got the groceries put away. Dishwasher is running. Laundry is going. Was going to vacuum the pool, but it has come up a thunderstorm. Still need to tidy the bathrooms and living room. Where is my magical wand when I need it?

Blog Entries
    I went into the posts this morning intending to post but got to reading and left without an update. I'm blaming it on old age. I FINALLY started sewing one of the patterns I decided on then decided against then decided on. Anyway got the top ALMOST finished. Now I'm deciding what color to border it with. Have to make a decision quick. Time's almost up.

Ah darn...busted! Well, at least I know who to look out for! If you don't like the heat, you are moving in the right direction. We left California 7 years ago to retire in Montana....we don't have or need AC. I don't miss the triple digit weather a bit!

QMomma, I'm fine with you sending mine out. That's exciting. I have been working on yours a bit everyday. Need to sew on binding and weave the ends in. Sure it will take me a bit to do the handsewing but getting there :-) Still can't see out of the ole eye but it's not swollen and sore anymore. A step in the right direction.

Terriamn

Blog Entries
    Okay I need some help here...I started making the "middle" of my runner...and now I am 2nd guessing myself...my swap partner posted a pic of some color schemes on this thread for me to choose from, so I thought I would reciprocate. The 1st pic has the start of the middle of the runner in it, the other 2 are also fabric combos that I think she described she would like..she mentioned liking "swirly, circly fabrics and blues, greens, purples...only thing shes not fond of is bright neon colors. So, babyfireo4, let me know, and anyone else who wants to chime in, have at it!!
    Thanks!
    Kif
    Name:  015.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  199.6 KBName:  010.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  176.2 KBName:  013.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  203.7 KB
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 06-10-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    The center (and colors) in that first pick are just lovely! I adore the colors in the third picture to, all those watery blues and purples, I may be in heaven!!! To be honest either combo is perfect
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    Kiffie, Just tossing my 2 cents in but I think she would like pic 3 best because it has the green fabric in it plus the swirly ones. Just MHO. On another note, I received my package from MamaHauser today and Oh...lucky me! Not only did she make me a gorgeous table runner but a wall hanging to match. Reminds me of cool summer and pretty flowers. I love it! Now I can take down my bargello WH that hubby says makes him dizzy (LOL) and hang up the pretty one from Kelly. Thanks Kelly ever so much and thank you Linda for hosting. Hope all the latecomers pop in and say they are getting things done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post

I'm sure I will love whatever you make - I still haven't got the hang of fmq so I stay in the ditch - so far it's worked out okay for me. Finishing up project from another swap for jaba and will get sewing on yours; no worries on time - I'll get there.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast