Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 AM

Have my table runner 3/4 quilted Ran out of thread at 8 pm last night &%#$#@*&!!!!
really wanted to finish it, but the fabric store was closed. SO, off this am for more thread. SHould have it all finished tonight and binding tomorrow. I'm loving it. For my first attempt at FMQ, it's looking good.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:11 AM

Oh I can't stand that when it happens and the most inopportune moment. Oh shucks. Have fun getting "Only" thread.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM

I don't think I will ever catch up reading!! I just skimmed through about 40 pages on this thread alone!! Went out of town for 11 days, busy getting ready for a few days before that, and back almost a week and still not caaught up at work. Loving all the chatter on here, and some wonderful pictures!! I have been in contact with my partner and we are "together" on the project. I have a topper ready for her, at least the top of the topper. I will get it sandwiched and quilted ASAP. Had hoped to get it done over the weekend, but sadly, I didn't get to sew AT ALL!! How sad is that? Yardwork Saturday, then couldn't move on Sunday. Not used to that much physical labor, I am ashamed to say. Puppy sitting for daughter. Never gave it a thought. The park manager came by on Saturday morning and kicked him out. he is about 6 months old, pit bull. Cute, playful, funny, just a doll. But Pits are not allowed. Another big jolt as to the life changes we have made this last year. After 30+ years in our own home, in the country, to a park with close neighbors and "covenants" that must be followed. I am just sick, as I had to farm him out to a third party til the kids get home on Thursday. So we took him visiting all day Sunday. Kids played with him til he was so tired all he wanted to do was sleep!!! We just love our fur babies and fur grandbabies!! Anyway, Brat, I will mail on time!! I promise. I see you are moving, sounds like it wasn't really planned, I hope all is well with you. It will be fun living so close to someone you know has some of the same interests as you.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM

I am very sad to leave my forest BUT I am happy so very much to move close to a friend who is like a sister to me. In fact I am renting from her we will be seriously close. I havent had a friend here for over 3 yrs left them all in the bay area and being so remote it wasnt easy to make them. She is very good to me. We feel blessed

I was just cutting fabric for my boom swap 10 and realized I would love another yard of one that I had bought on clearance for 3.00 a yard. WHY DID I NOT BUY MORE? no real use for it.. THEN. so if you happen to have this fabric I am about to describe and want to trade another for it let me know: its by Tina Givens for Freespirit fabrics. its called Annabella. It has a brown background, bold yellow roses with lime leaves and a pair of birds say every 5 or 6 inches that are also brown/yellow. Its sorta modern looking so if you have it you probably know it. I found it online for 17.99 for two yards plus shipping. GULP. not this week. lol or next even.. but thought I might ask you. gracias!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:21 PM

Pat (pbadder), I received my runner today and LOVE it! It is like you have been in my house....I have a couple of sunflower WH's. Thanks so much for making something so perfect for me. I hope I can post a pic, haven't done one before.[ATTACH=CONFIG]419628[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc00056.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM

That is a happy summer table runner to be sure. And not like the other ALSO. WOW must be millions of ideas out there I can't wait for the next one and all the new concepts that show up.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM

Here's a snippit of the quilting I have done. Not too bad for my first time
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419658[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0375.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Haven't heard from my partner, Aunt Crabby, but I am mailing hers tomorrow. Sent her a PM to let her know. Miss impatient me, sorry this is the latest I have ever mailed and it's driving me bonkers. Going to be very busy this week-end when Brat arrives so need to get it mailed ASAP. Looking forward to receiving mine.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:20 AM

tlambing- Your fmq is looking good. I am still learning too.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 AM

Nice runner pbadder. That looks totally from creativity. Super neat. I like it!

tlambing, I agree, your fmq looks really good. The stitches look even and not long and short. That is the biggest and toughest step to FMQ.