Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 10-18-2013, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the comment about the lines in this runner -- I worked hard at getting things lined up. This is the first time I tried sewing strips, then cutting them into 4-inch pieces and rearranging them; that helped me a lot and came out much more even than when I've sewed all the individual squares together.

I think I'm infected with "wantstering" too!

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;6355030]whats wrong with 73 miles long? I mean it might be an inch or two too long but surely 80 would have been over the top you know? your lines are so perfect! are you sure your new to this stuff likethedog? I am wondering.. think she hoodwinked us ladies.. trickter in the group..

ok kiffie I too suffer from that same affliction. wantstering its called. you want this you want that..
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM

Like,
Love your "practice" runner! The fabrics are primo!!!! Nothing wrong with a runner draping down ends of table...could be rather elegant! Tho, for your sake, a tad smaller would probably quilt easier!
Chasezzz,
Those bouquets are awesome!!!
Brat,
2:43 am is not the middle of the night, girl!! It's midday for moi..Oh, and people over in Australia...
K
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Oh my! Now I'm a little intimidated very pretty sneak peak.
tlambing....don't even feel intimidated! that was just a picture of my plans! Mine may not turn out quite like that!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:42 PM

yes I guess it it sorta like "its five o'clock somewhere" right? I go by this all the time honey that runner would drap down under the table over your lap to the floor its so big! I think its going to make a beautiful bed runner or pillow cover ..

Ok finished my snowmen top for likethedog.. its kinds of cool and I am pretty happy with it ..different for me for sure.

HEADS UP: atpegsquiltstudio has not received her runner from stitchedup. I have written her and hope to get a reply but if any of you know stitchedup could you help me with this. wow is all I can say, several missing from the group in turning in runners. this does not make me thrilled. I just fixed one problem with deenatoo and her partner stitch123 or some sort and now.. another one surfaces. argh pirates.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:46 PM

omg I completely forgot to write about the broach bouqet! its gorgeous! and sparkly and oh so fun. I am now on a mission to figure out how to get my earrings and necklace back haha never going to ask for it back that would be poor form just going to wish it back lol. (hey magic works for me.. sometimes). Today was a magnificent math day for me. My mind.. worked. I had to divide three blocks four strips into a set number add in seam allowances and it was super easy.. other days its not happening at all. like gone with the wind sort of memory.. this made me very happy ladies. see, I get off on cheap thrills such as this. I am making some pot roast and taters and carrots and um.. oh yes candied coconut its just about ready to be cracked open and candied this is just great love that stuff reminds me of the Japanese tea garden in San Francisco.. since I cant buy it out here I am making it. yum!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:35 PM

Sounds like a delicious meal you have planned for tonight. But I haven't heard of candied coconut, sounds like something really yummy. Please describe what it is, I can only think that it might be like a macaroon.

Jan
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 PM

I'm with Cheesehead, tell us all about this candied coconut of which you speaketh!!
As to mia-ers on the other swap...have 'em walk the plank...since argh pirates is a Brat saying, a plank walk may just be in order! Guess you gotta find 'em 1st, tho...since you've posted a name or 2, how about listing all who are mia? In all caps and red letters, too! Bwahahahaaaaaa!!! And I better make sure I am never on that mia list, so my own words don't come back to bite me in my "impossible area"!
K
Old 10-18-2013, 04:32 PM

OMG kiffie, you just brought back so many memories to me...I remember as a little girl my Mother always told me to wash up as far as possible, down as far as possible, and never forget possible! I'll never forget it as long as I live. TY to you for that one, I miss her everyday. Had to call the brat and tell her I want a taste of this coconut stuff, never heard of it but love coconut so I need to try it. Alert::::hubby got our elk tonight! brat's hubby is out helping him get it loaded and home as I type this. Thank heavens for such good good friends.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 PM

to Jaba. We love you guys.

candied coconut: first you poke the monkey eyes in the coconut to drain the milk. take a hammer to the equator of the coconut and whack it a couple times, keep turning and hitting along that line and it will crack in half. then you slowly poke all the meat off the coconut (you go between the hard part and the meat). this is easier if you put it in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes or so.. it pulls away? you cut off the brown part along the meat carefully. then you slice it pretty thin in long strips. put the coconut strips in a bowl and cover with 1 cup sugar. stir well. cover with saran wrap for about 2 to 6 hours. stir one more cup sugar on the strips (it will be sorta liquidy in the bowl from the coconut and sugar) put in a non stick frying pan on med/high eat. cook til it reachs a bubble and liquid is like cornstarch thickened liquid? .. turn to low, continue stirining for about 20 minutes til all liquid has disappeared and you coconut is now crystalized again.. remove from heat and place on cookie sheet to cool. you end up with these sugared candied strips of coconut (it stays white if you don't burn it while stiring!) and its soo good. oh yes I eat only one strip. (Liar LIAR PANTS ON FIRE) and this my dears is candied coconut ... very popular in the Chinese communities, Japanese communities and Vietnamese. In Vietnam they make it for the new years celebration and often color it pink (why that I don't know) but its awfully good in my book. told my daughter today I made it she was OH NO YOU Don't send that to me!! hah make your own kid its a bit of work..
Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 PM

Oh my goodness!! I need some of that coconut!!! Need it! Need it! Need it!!
Jaba, my Nanny (grandma, mom's mom) always said the same to me! At the end of the saying she would wink and say "It's impossible, now...". I had a great Nanny...sure do miss her.
My dh would be so envious of that elk! Theres really nowhere around here for him to go deer or elk hunting. He's gone dove hunting, had pretty good luck this year. He and our son got a feral hog 2 yrs ago..I ate some of the what I call the "pork chops". Dh and ds ate sausage (2 types), and I think it's the back strap..?? I don't know for sure what all it is...lol.. I know dh and ds have had deer jerky, they say it's great. I think pheasant season is coming up..or maybe it's quail..or both...I always get a laugh during hunting season, when hubby is antsy and up like a kid on Christmas morning!
K