Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 10-19-2013, 12:42 AM

Coffee and a lawn chair to go with that view and my day will be perfect! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 AM

Mine is very excited to go pheasant hunting next year. oh heck he wants to hunt anything. sigh. I said only what we will eat but he says he can donate it so.. joy oh joy. He said the elk was beautiful and huge so lots of meat for Jaba's family.

I wish I could show you the candy, it came out beautiful. by this morning its hardened, sparkly crystals coating it all.. and boy is it.. GOOD. I put a small container of it aside for Jaba or it might accidentally all get in my belly. oh wouldn't it be grand dipped in chocolate too like half way? oh my.. a little bite of almond joy

Well how is everyone doing? sewing your little fingers away? I am so happy my weekend is almost here. Today nap time tomorrow is sewing and Monday is sewing.. oh how much fun that will be. I will quilt like the dogs runner and get it ready to mail and start on/finish I hope Nurse bonnies runner. I will be doing magic on that one since I have no idea what size she wants. I am thinking 42" is ok is that too big? I have lots of patterns that size... survey says???
Old 10-19-2013, 03:46 AM

Chasezzz - what an awesome bouquet - very unique!!

I've been MIA a bit lately as I have been stressing out over the dang government budget - I happen to work for them. All is well now (well - as much as it can be with those bozos up there). Plan on getting a start on my runner/mat for Grandma Di - have an idea in mind - now to go through my fabric and see what I need (or want as the case may be). Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:10 AM

It's a beautiful day in Oregon. We have a good mix of deciduous and evergreen trees, so fall is really beautiful. The window by my computer looks east, and we're on the east edge of town, so I have a good view of farms, vineyards (this is wine country) and the hazy hills in the background.

BUT soon I'll shut off the computer and go to my sewing machine, where I have no view other than the creative ones in my head. I'm going to work on Kiffie's runner and gifts for some friends.

I've been using the warm & natural batting, which is very ... solid? ... but for one of the gifts I'm trying some of the lighter, fluffier batting that comes on a big roll -- don't know what you call it; I can see through it. What do you use for batting? What's better for runners, wallhangings ... small size stuff???
Old 10-19-2013, 01:21 PM

I, too, am a lurker on this thread but seeing the rhinestone brooch bouquet has really made it all worthwhile, not to metion getting sneak peeks at all the wonderful creations everyone comes up with. I am almost finished with one of the blocks in the RR swap I am in so hopefully will be getting it sent off in coming days. Likethedog, I like W&N for wall hangings, too because it is so smooth. I also use it for place mats and mug rugs.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]441694[/ATTACH] tada these were the choices for likethedog
I like this one best!

Been working on a baby quilt today that has to be delivered next Saturday to a baby shower. Modifying the pattern so it's not 48" square. I don't think it needs to be that big & the jelly roll & matching charms I have have to be paired up & it'd be close. Oh well, we'll see....
Old 10-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Don't say much on here, but am working on my partner's item. Kinda went with a 'winter/holiday' fabric. Hope you like it. ;o)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]442227[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0217.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 01:28 AM

Pretty bird fabric..
Warm and natural is my fave, too...
Sure wish I had some candied coconut to eat...sigh...
Glad your stress has eased a lil, klgls.
Kif
Old 10-20-2013, 06:16 AM

ok you guys I use the fusible batting by hobbs. It sticks never pulls, bunches, moves on me. It is a thin batting which is my preference. If you set a vase or something narrow and tall on it it will never plop it over like a thicker batting can do. I cringe if I have to use regular batting. oh heck no.

now that bird fabric can just wander its way over to my house. scraps r us. that is so pretty!!! I will quilt yours today like the dog then start on my other one for nursebonnie. yippppeeeee!!! sewing all day. I am lucky we have this big window to our front yard in the livingroom and I can look outside anytime I want to take a break. most of the time my head is pointed down at the table or my machine however. It sounds like you have a gorgeous view there in your wine country in Oregon. go ahead snap a pic and share it with us.. we all like drooling. in fact I know we are excellent at it .. just go to the picture section here and watch the drool begin.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:56 AM

Oksewnsew you have to share the maker and such on that bird fabric! I LOVE it! and, you can ignore Brat, she gets everything. (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha) I think all the scraps should come my way!

Oh it's beautiful here today! Nice and crisp this am and should actually warm to the low 80's (I can wear shorts!) Lots of catching up today. I finally finished the last of my 40 NY beauty blocks yesterday!!!! I have about 15 of them to clip curves on and press. I'm not sure I'd ever take on this endeavor again, but at least I can cross it off of my bucket list Hope to determine my layout and take some pics today. Then on to my Holiday runners and a red and white round robin. I'm so glad to be feeling better and getting a chance to use my new machine.

Happy Sunday all