Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:55 PM

sheriR - Mailed your pkg today. It's kind of an odd assortment. Expected delivery date - Monday.

Kandy - Mailed you a pkg. today. You'll never guess what it is.(Maybe it's black lic-----.0
Old 01-10-2015, 05:23 AM

ok bullock2us why on earth is black licorice bad for you? I don't eat that much of it lol only like two long strips if its the American style or about 5 or 6 little pieces of Australian licorice. bad as in might take a tooth out? oh yes I get that. and ok the stuff holding it together is kinda weird but I sure love that flavor. People have been eating this for a lot longer than I have been that is for sure lol. and look! I am alive! they are alive! ok its candy candy is not good for you. in small quantities its not bad for you either however.

now did anyone swap with Nancyw this month? she wrote here I see that she wanted a partner so if you have please let me know. I love to see everyone swap!

has anyone ideas for what to do with that Valentine fabric? are you making placemats or table mats? or wall hangings or a cute little bunch of bibs out of it? baby blankets? curiosity makes me ask.. love to see what they turn into!
Old 01-10-2015, 06:56 AM

I talked to Nancyw and she has had 3 responses, but I don't what she is going to do. My doctor told me that. All candy is bad for you-just some of it is worse than others. All of it is good tasting(except licorice)to me. Have you guys had that tabasco chocolate- that is kind of good! I think I might make a table runner out of mine. Haven't got all mine yet-2 sets to go so I will see. Maybe I will make a little Valentine's doll quilt for my granddaughter. And have my mom make her a doll dress. I don't do doll clothes. I guess I could also do her a patchwork type dress. Who knows- maybe I will see when I get all of my FQ's.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:35 AM

I was so excited to receive TWO packages yesterday! Thank you so much, sewellie and WMUteach, for my Valentine's fabric and goodies! The first picture is my lovelies from WMUTeach (check out that big stack of charms just calling out for a project). Second picture is from sewellie...the purple box is a friendship box (very cute idea). Love the fabrics, and the drink mixes are a sweet bonus. Happy Valentine's Day!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-10-2015, 07:54 PM

Oh boy am I lucky! I got packages from PeginCO and from Cuppy! I'm so thrilled!!! Treats too. I only hope they're as happy as I am when they get their fqs from me!

And...and...peg tied her fqs with the prettiest gray w/pink strip. Did I say I love pink and gray! And FIRE Jolly Ranchers!!! My most favorite EVER! And chocolate!!! Cuppy sent chocolate! And pink hearts with sparkles and the prettiest vintage looking valentine print. Man and I'm not done. How lucky am I???
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by SheriR; 01-10-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Yea! I'm so glad you liked it!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:26 AM

Glad you liked your package. It is fun when you receive 2pkgs. on the same day. By the way, The airplane fabric is for hubby, maybe enough to make a mug rug to use in his hanger.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:37 AM

bullock2us and my partner kiffie2413 your packages are in route, you should receive on Monday.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:01 AM

What beautiful fabrics!!

Ellie,
A surprise pkg, how exciting!! Black licorice from you to me, skull fabric from me to you...

Hoping pkgs I mailed out are received tomorrow, er later today. It was late in the day when dropped by our post office, so probably weren't sent out til the next morning. But I would think it shouldn't be much longer for them to get to their destinations...I have to remember Sunday doesn't count. Saturday either, as they are only open until 11a.m. here.
When did I get so impatient?? I never fret over receiving mine, matter of fact I've had a couple of times I received pkgs and I'd forgotten I'd swapped . I know that's really announcing my forgetfulness...lol.

I do worry a lil bit about my pkgs being received. Think it's probably worse since the post office lost the pkg I sent to Jaba a few months back. Even sending it priority mail with the tracking didn't matter. Pkg is still mia. And post office basically said, "Sorry" and that's it. So now I'm wary if it seems like it's taking too long for things to arrive.
I just read a good article in Guideposts about mindfulness. It sounded like something to explore, obviously I really need to work on it..

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-12-2015 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:45 AM

I got home from Colorado late last night and had a great package in the mail from Vitality!
She sent 8FQ'S , buttons, candy, little bands for bobbins,drink mixes, lip balm, glue stick
Thank you so much Vita,I will enjoy it all!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg