Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:24 PM

I'd like to see 4 FQ uglies. I don't think I have enough ugly for a yard or half yard, but whatever is chosen will be okay with me. I'll just have to dig a little deeper if we do the yard or half yard. I'm sure I could find something ugly. tee hee.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:33 PM

I don't think I have a whole yard of an ugly fabric either. Maybe we could do something where it has to add up to a yard like 4 FQ or 2 half yards or 1 yard, etc.... I dunno
Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Received the most awesome fabric from peginCo today with lots of extra goodies. I could not be more pleased!! AND Licorice, yeah, licorice. I'm going to try to post the pictures and see if it works like I think it should.
Cross your fingers, Teresa. And Kandy, I won't share my licorice with you, so you won't have nightmares tonight!

Yeah, it worked. Colors aren't nearly as pretty in the picture as they are in real life, but I did the best I could. Thank you again, Peg. Aren't they beautiful?[ATTACH=CONFIG]505342[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails january-fq-rec-peginco.jpg  

Last edited by sewellie; 01-08-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:52 PM

I also am not sure if I have a whole yard of an uglies fabric either. I know I have smaller pieces of what was I thinkings. Would have to dig deeper or maybe could find something.
Last year I did a swap on here that I think was like a treasure swap. You filled a medium flat rate box full to the brim with fabric and sent it to your partner and they sent one back. That was fun. Wonder if it will be done again this year. Seems like it was at the beginning of the year last year.
What one person didn't want was another person's treasure.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
I also am not sure if I have a whole yard of an uglies fabric either. I know I have smaller pieces of what was I thinkings. Would have to dig deeper or maybe could find something.
Last year I did a swap on here that I think was like a treasure swap. You filled a medium flat rate box full to the brim with fabric and sent it to your partner and they sent one back. That was fun. Wonder if it will be done again this year. Seems like it was at the beginning of the year last year.
What one person didn't want was another person's treasure.
Very cute fabric- gotta love the Valentine's fabric-and all other fabric Lol!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:01 PM

I would like to swap fat Quarters with some one under the same rules Elisabrat listed. I was too late to sign up under Elisabrat. If there is nyone who would like to swap with me let me know and we can swap addresses.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:33 AM

Pretty fqs showing up!

Bullock2us,
No hurry or worries on my fqs, you just take care of yourself.
My dh is on his 2nd round of antibiotics, too..for bronchitis and a sinus infection. Even with his chronic health issues, he rarely gets sick. We all take the flu shot, but I know this year it's only effective about 50% of the time..

Vitality,
Have you tried that "Working Hands" cream? I've tried many different lotions, but I must say it's the only one that does help prevent and also heals up the cracks I get in my fingers..those lil cracks sure can be sore..

To all my "pardners", your fq pkgs were dropped by the post office last evening. I thought I'd make it into town sooner, but with the cold, my dh being sick, and my own health "gunk" I'm sorry, I just didn't make it into town on Weds like I thought I would.

Take care all,
Kif
Old 01-09-2015, 07:28 AM

Sewellie+PeginCo+SheriR+Brat= licorice heaven!!! but we can toss out the first three ladies and just send it all to me! and kiffie you cant have licorice fits if your not eating it and you know it. I love it. It does have one health affect which they recommend to you if your prego and cant go to the bathroom. it helps. well its not something I sure as heck need (dialysis hell) but well.. you gotta just eat some sometime. I love it. especially that little Australian licorice it comes in small pieces and man at first its way different than American stuff but then its way better than American stuff. why does candy do that? German Candy is my favorite. what are they doing so right that we are doing so wrong? we make killer everything else! do you have a favorite from another country that is sooo much better than what you can generally find here? (ie hersheys which is owned by Godiva btw)

ok so what I am hearing is you ladies do not have a yard of ugly fabric. really? amazing since dozens of players signed up last year for one. but ok. we will do a variation of mixed fabrics totaling one yard. 1/4, 1/2 and 2 f8ths or any such combo that comes to 1 yard. how does that sound? its the same amount of swap we are doing now but just a different set of sizes. if you have 1 yard then send it if you have 2 fat quarters and a half yard. send it. and so on. just no 5" pieces please or other things that small. minimum size fat 8th. or is that too small? your call your the swappers here. hope that makes you all very happy. btw anyone here who wants to run the swaps is more than welcome to take it over no hard feelings. I run out of ideas too so help is always welcome. and an UGLY fabric can be something you bought years ago and now you look at it and think what the heck was I thinking? it appealed toyou once but now it is surely not doing the thing. like I always loved black background fabric with prints with sparkle on it. oh and that fabric that is black with gypsy style flowers on it.. swoon. then I tried putting it in my house.. three cats their hair just magically flies right over to it. groan! so now I look at it and think WHAT WAS I THINKING? that fabric is NOT ever going to get used. great for a single catless person lol. or someone with an investment in those hair roller things. so you can now relook at that fabric on your shelf and say.. will it ever get used? nope. we will do this swap secret partners so ... it will be a true surprise when it arrives couple more weeks to plan this so get thinking.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:42 AM

Kiffie - I have tried it and it was pretty good. My favorites are Time & Again Hand Cream in Green Tea (which is really hard to find) or one of the fruity ones. Or, my absolute favorite is Zum Rub in Frankincense & Myrrh from indigowild.com. But this hand cream that letsquilt sent me is pretty amazing stuff… I really like that so far too! I may have another new favorite!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:00 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505448[/ATTACH]Look at the beauties I received from Jaba today. They are just my style. Thanks so much Jan will do something fun with them!
Attached Thumbnails 0109152055.jpg