Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:45 AM

Klaws I get you too. Often I just have to watch the swaps. I am not in a position to do more so I get it completely. Now I ask for stamps for gifts. I kid you not! I would rather have them so I can do swaps and booms then gifts that sit on a table or bookshelf. Bring stamps on! lol. you might consider it you now its fun to still swap but why get presents when you can have.. STAMPS! lol.

This is why this swap is four fq quarters now not five. it might only save 50c but it means maybe someone can still play if you want to send more help yourself! but if you can only send four then do that its ok also. and Sewellie, the colors are inspired by Valentines but don't have to be Valentines just a launching point you see. and florals? who doesn't have a couple of those in the pile somewhere?

I am hoping you join on in and have some Fat quarter fun here. You can make so many things with these a table mat! or mug rugs! or wall hangings just to name a few. You can also use them to finish other quilts so surely you need these!! sign on up and get in on the fun! or join us for chatter we do this regularly here and its always creative and fun to chat back with. There are no groups of us who don't include others! we include EVERYONE! so looking for your PMS (hint hint) to those who are new and to old sign ups. I do NOT save your mailing address as its not a place I want to keep open for long on the internet. I get them, I assign you partners. you send I remove your name. Its safe as safe can be for this swap. The internet is interesting at best lol. I love it I am scared of it so I will do my best to insure your good to go here.

What are you thinking you might make for Valentines Day? any cards or pin cushions or ... hearts for a bowl filler? those are adorable! I love the thought of a bowl of hearts! I always send my children a card but maybe just maybe I will make mine this year! mug rugs would be cute to include in their envelope. hey an idea!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:47 AM

Hey, Kandy, that's the shortest message I've seen you post! hahahah

Love you all. Ellie (sewellie)
Old 12-28-2014, 09:29 AM

ok no one is making valentines things. I am amazed. quilters not making a little treat? really? I am so shocked! I am baking cookies for my sweetpea. He loves peanut butter with chocolate kisses in the middle. both of his favorite foods lol. I have to finish his lap quilt for sitting in his rocking chair. tis going to be a cold winter I think. Its always a cold winter here in Wyoming I am positive. I say that with conviction because well I have lived here over a year now. lol Jaba is the expert on this. She has lived her forever! I don't know how she survived it. its COLD. that is the California girl talking in here now. yup. its ok however. my secret weapon? I am in side the house. tada! not going out for two days. ok just for a bit today praying its before the storm wanders in. then it will get really fresh. like about 10 below .. I would love to stay in til its over! see you in June? nah that doesn't work.

ok we need sign ups! there are very few which is fine but its a lot more fun with more sign ups. Is everyone sick of fat quarters? next month should we do something else? like a different cut of fabric? a set of something? a yard? what would you like to see swapped here on the quilting board? I am loving doing the mug rug swaps seeing the imaginative and creative mug rugs has been so very fun. I am open to all new and exciting ideas so SEND ME A PM and make a suggestion on line also. both places surely I will see it in one of them. and kibitz on the thoughts on the ideas posted so I know what has a general appeal. These swaps are all about you. About having fun and making friends.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:07 PM

Okey, dokey, I'm in! Will pm now.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
Hey, Kandy, that's the shortest message I've seen you post! hahahah

Love you all. Ellie (sewellie)
Ms. Ellie,
I resemble that remark!
Kif
PS Even shorter...
Old 12-29-2014, 06:45 AM

Count me in.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:16 AM

Going to cut mine today and be ready to mail. I'm making Valentine things, just finished a set of mug rugs, a new mini wall hanging, pin cushions and needlecases. That was my sewing for the weekend. Waiting for these new FQ's now to make a table runner too. I love Valentine's Day!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:33 AM

I love Valentines day too.. its such a happy time. the décor who wouldn't love things like Jaba just whipped up. darn she makes me tired with all she can fit into two days. she is that good I remember back when we gave out valentines as a little kid. Oh I would look forward to that and spend forever deciding which valentine went to which person. I always bought the kind with sprinkles on them. Ok glitter I called them sprinkles. I thought they were so very pretty. Now I buy a few vintage valentines and put them out each holiday. they are so very special. My mom was not very.. sweet. But she gave me cards with "sprinkles" on them for all holidays and when I as sick. I think that is where my love for sparkly things came from. lol. We always decorated big time for each coming holiday. She allowed us to put our artwork on the windows (big old 8 foot windows in the living room four of them) and we would spend a tremendous amount of time picking our favorites to hang. You can guess what mine had on them each and every time.. lol. GLITTER central. the more sparklier the better lol. so if you want to make me happy? sparkly cards or fabric with gilt on it. sucker!! every time

sign ups are coming in slowly should have quiet a few by the 8th. should I shorten that mail time? should I say the 3rd for closing? you see I am truly trying to please all of you so let me know. its not "my swap" its yours. its all about fabric its all about sharing and of course all about making friends. I am so lucky to have so many of you as friends. you are my strength when at times its hard to be tough. Today? I am tough lol. talk to me later today I will wiped. funny how that is taking down a bit of Christmas today. just one box full. that is a chore. also going to try to cut three blocks today. that will be a challenge of the day!
Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 AM

OK Count me in!!
Old 12-29-2014, 06:42 PM

Well, I just have to try something different, so I am In for this swap, too. I can use this fabric for a mug rug. My daughter wants a set of them ,6-8, and since her birthday is coming, I will see that she gets them.