Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:13 AM

Gray is a fabulous color! Back a long long time ago my wedding reception colors were gray,peach,and white. My dad told me gray was such a depressing color to have in there, but I think they look good together. Just it was different from everything back then. Now you see a lot of black at wedding receptions so I don't really see how that is much different. Oh well point is gray is a great color including with pink. Yah I got too many FQ ready too. That's ok I can send extra
Old 12-31-2014, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Glad I rememberd to sign up. I got some fun pinks today. I like gray with pink so I got that too. I didn't know, because I just now saw that the rules had changed. Grey is not in the color criteria so whoever I get might let me know if you like grey. Or maybe I'll post a pic in the am. I also bought to much fabric. Didn't know the number had changed. Dang
I'd love grey! I just bought swirly heart and scrolls in grey/black and the same in red/black. It is stunning material. Got some pink, too. This will be a fun swap!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:59 AM

Kiffie, I LOVE the stamps fabric! (And the modern hearts is also very cool!) All are great choices. When I get home, I'll try to post my pix too.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:01 AM

ok sheri grey with pink is ok it was a guide line not a firm line like it matters to me? if you love it I am positive others will you pick killer fabrics

now onto the ugly swap I did see one fabric that I thought was OMG the ugliest fabric I had ever seen on the swap done here on the quilting board. it was this wrestling fabric. big giant pictures of wrestlers on it. OMG. then .. someone said "oh I would LOVE that fabric" and I was so glad I had kept my mouth shut. the old saying their is a rear for every chair came to mind and I knew right then and there it was true. What one person does not love at all another can come by and say OMG that I so great! so we will swap one yard of ugly fabric for Feb so you can start looking for the one you hate the most. and even side swaps on that!

KIffie thought you were cutting back on swapping lol knew better. just knew it! I am doing a simple side swap with four people for blocks. thought heck four people not hard at all. til I find we have voted (not my vote mind you) on doing three blocks for each person. oh heck. that is a BOOM! lol. and I signed up for a boom. try that with one leg and arm. I can hardly wait! its going to be a fun month for the Brat here.

today its a balmy negative 22 hoping it warms up quick. I am indoors of course but its seeping through those little uninsulated windows. argh! down blanket is my best friend but gotta get up sometime. so best start moving.. ugh! lol.

well sign ups are coming to an end soon. Thinking of closing the swap sooner so let me know if this is cool with you and I will close this swap on the 3rd. names out on the 4th. just a thought... but have to chance the posting asap so no one is hurt for early closing.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:56 PM

UPDATE SIGN UPS CLOSE ON JANUARY 3RD AT NOON. Names to be given out on JAN 3rd by 5 pm. THANKS!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:59 PM

So excited, all the colors are awesome, gray sounds very nice. I do not have one piece of gray, or even a scrap. Poor me hahahaha
Old 12-31-2014, 10:42 PM

We are still doing Valentine's this month and uglies next month right? Or did it get changed to uglies this month?
Old 01-01-2015, 06:02 AM

no no its valentines this month bullock2us! next month will be uglies and a one yard piece. gotta break things up a bit you know. that is going to be awfully fun lol.

I am almost done with sign ups here. I hope everyone has picked their fabrics and anxiously awaiting the swap ending I am sure! and have their envelopes sealed and ready to go? ok dreaming I am dreaming. We can do a side swap for those interested so post to me if you want to do a side swap and what you want to swap this month extra please. last month we had just a couple swappers on the side so its your call.

remember this month its 4 FAT QUARTERS not 5. this is to reduce higher costs of shipping and make it more accessible for others to play along too. You are free to send more but know not everyone will want to do this so ask your partner or pleasantly surprise them. PM to me asap if you would like to play in this months swap! thanks!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:43 AM

K-just checking since I was getting my Valentine's fabric together and thought I better double check. Yay-Valentines fabric is fun!
Old 01-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Got my valentine fabric ready now just a few little extras!!