Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:54 AM

Brat,
I didn't say I was cutting back on swapping, but I'm cutting back on buying fabric...maybe...kinda...sorta...
I did think I was going to have to skip your mug rug swap this month due to dh's upcoming 2nd leg surgery (was scheduled for the 7th).
But hubby has bronchitis and a sinus infection, and the orthopedic surgeon won't operate if the patient has had any type of respiratory infections within 2 weeks prior to the surgery date. I can understand, what with general anesthesia, but now it's up in the air again.
We don't have another surgery date yet. I'm assuming (I know, never assume) that it will be towards the end of this month.
So, now I have time to mug rug make...lol..

Happy 2015 everyone!
Kif
Old 01-02-2015, 07:15 AM

well then we are lucky campers Kiffie. I am sorry your dh go sick. I just read through the boom swap and darned it sounds like that flu is everywhere. its awful! It wont live here in Wy I am convinced of it. its too friggen cold! well no one in dialysis has it yet.. maybe its just slower getting here. Jan (Jaba) sounded like maybe she was about to come down with it yesterday. and she lives in WYOMING gulp! oh no! don't get sick Jaba!! we need you! to not get sick! crossing fingers for her.

I am about ready to end the swap here. Please sign up if your interested at all! its fun! its creatively wild to see the combos that come up and I am hoping everyone is happy with what they shall receive! so PM me if your interested last day for sign ups! then I will post all the partners and we shall see the exciting fabrics received! remember its pinks! reds! whites! hearts and roses! floribunda galore! checks and stripes! this is going to be such a bright happy swap I cant wait to see it.

and don't forget next month we are swapping one yard of our ugliest fabrics with each other. one never knows what the other thinks is ugly. I have done boom swaps for a couple years now. I have seen fabric that I thought omg how awful only to discover it made a really nice block when mixed with other fabrics so you maybe surprised. you may also get that wwf of wresting fabric which might scare the living daylights out of you. you just never know
Old 01-02-2015, 03:57 PM

I have some fabric ready, but waiting to see if my partner has any particulars that might make me change the selection
Old 01-02-2015, 08:42 PM

A yard of it, eh?? I'll have to dig, mine are all FQ;s. Hmmmm, pondering. I know, I could sew them all together to make a yard, works??? Probably Not. Now I'll have to clean the sewing room. Ughhhh. That could take awhile. And u want it when??? Next Christmas???
Old 01-03-2015, 04:58 AM

I have some lovely Valentine Fat quarters ready for my partner, maybe some white chocolate, That is what I like.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:13 AM

I will get this list up after clinic this morning so watch for it! oh wait white chocolate! did I read WHITE CHOCOATE um...YUM. love that stuff. when I was a kid and they had big easter bunnies and everyone was looking at the chocolate ones... I was wishing for that white one. Oh they were oh so much prettier lol. Now I look at them and think they sorta look the same too much candy! but good memories of that. yes yes I do wonder if they makelicorice bunnies? wouldn't that be marvelous! now that I would buy . the biggest one I could get
Old 01-03-2015, 05:14 AM

ps contemplating this sorta wobbly brick type fabric with peach and blue and pink in it.. its stunning. you will love it. I sure don't! for the ugly swap.. then again I have this black fabric with huge flowers on it.. sorta different modern looking but what was I thinking when I bought it??? I have pets! all that block and the cat hairs. too bad I don't have a yard of that day of the dead fabric left. oh man I sure hate that one! next month will be fun but this month is going to be oh so pretty! can't wait!
Old 01-03-2015, 05:30 AM

oh heck with it just made the prelim list. if you have been left off please let me know asap! otherwise here is the list!

Sewellie and Pegin Co. (maybe space between the words peginco)
Deflker and Mrstheo
rosemary attaway and trishb
oneteapot and jeanne49
peginco and wmuteach
vitality and letsquilt
kiffie2413 and cuppy

ok let me know if I missed you!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:06 AM

Just sent my partner a message, I will be ready to send Monday.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:41 AM

I sent my partner a PM. Waiting on one more swap, then to the LQS.