Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:26 PM

Count me in! First time for this swap.looking forward to the fun!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:57 PM

Sent my PM to Brat, I really do like the FQ swap because I get material I probably would not see in my area. I also understand about the postage costs. I too have been spending way too much in the last couple of months on postage so I will be cutting back on some of the swaps.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:22 PM

I have been so sick, (don't have to tell you that, Linda), maybe this swap will make me feel better. I do have mine packaged however =- just waiting for my name to send to. Maybe I will feel like sewing later this week. Didn't even get Christmas gifts made. (Sigh!)
Old 12-29-2014, 09:49 PM

Brat mentioned ideas for something besides fqs, or some different themes. She mentioned maybe an "ugly" fq swap.. sounds like fun to me. We did an ugly fq swap at my lqs at our Christmas party.
What's funny is everyone's definition of ugly is very different (of course). We all ended up with fabrics each of us thought were very "un ugly"...haha..

She also mentioned bringing back the table runner/ topper swap...

What does everyone think??

Kif
PS Keeping you in prayer, Ellie.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:55 PM

I love the idea of an ugly swap. I've done one before and it was so fun! I really liked the one I got and I emailed her about how pretty it was and she mailed me all she had of it. haha''

Thanks, Kandy, for the prayers, I really need them right now. Will try to email you tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:04 AM

I think that sounds fun. I agree one woman's ugly is another woman's treasure. Sometimes I even wonder what was I thinking when I bought certain materials.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:06 AM

You guys are too funny. I will do an ugly swap next month instead of a fat quarter swap. I think we need to break it up a bit the variety of swaps we do. I loved the table runner swap we did. lots of pretty runners were shared. maybe I will do one of those too. lol. swap swap swap. I am doing a mug rug swap for valentines this month and sign ups are going like crazy! over 40 so far. wow. who would have thought so many people would enjoy swapping those! not I! thought maybe half as many would like that swap. I was wrong

Sewellie one day at a time is the old saying. its just hard doing those days. I go for an angio something next Monday then surgery will be a week or two after. Oh joy. that will take out my right leg and my left arm for a month. I am so excited. I thought I was a gimp before. I was wrong lol. I think I will be the biggest form of gimp I have had to deal with. this is going to be a blast.

I need to get ready for clinic but hope your picking out your pretty fabrics now! take a picture if you can in case your partner cant post a photo. we had a lot of thank yous last month but not a lot of photos so hoping for more this month. it is such a fun part of swapping. seeing what else is out there is always a kick!

if you haven't signed up please send me your name address and phone number (will be kept private with me only) and let me know that your in for the swap! thanks!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:34 PM

Glad I rememberd to sign up. I got some fun pinks today. I like gray with pink so I got that too. I didn't know, because I just now saw that the rules had changed. Grey is not in the color criteria so whoever I get might let me know if you like grey. Or maybe I'll post a pic in the am. I also bought to much fabric. Didn't know the number had changed. Dang
Old 12-30-2014, 10:56 PM

I have 4 FQ ready with a little something extra to send.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Glad I rememberd to sign up. I got some fun pinks today. I like gray with pink so I got that too. I didn't know, because I just now saw that the rules had changed. Grey is not in the color criteria so whoever I get might let me know if you like grey. Or maybe I'll post a pic in the am. I also bought to much fabric. Didn't know the number had changed. Dang

Grey goes with everything ... And please post some pics!! I love pics!
I also have too many (but really, is there such a thing as too many fqs???)
So, I'm up for side swaps in addition to my assigned partner.

Matter of fact, SheriR, I think you and I should just have a "standing" side swap every month...I'm game if you are..
I try to not "horn in" on you having extras, but I admit it...it seems I AM greedy...

I bought several Valentine's fabrics, here's links to pics of a few:
some are more traditional:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/160952...0-2/s-l140.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/151368...0-2/s-l140.jpg

some are more modern:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/160953...0-2/s-l140.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/160976...0-2/s-l140.jpg

I kinda like them all...lol

Brat,
I hope you do an "ugly" fq swap, I've never done one except at my lqs, and I think it'll be a lot of fun!!
As far as all your Valentine's mug rug signer uppers, um, I think I told you so... Do I win a prize for it?? Like 2 wollops with a wet noodle maybe??.

Take care all,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-31-2014 at 01:55 AM.