Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 AM

Ok lady's I have a question. Today I found a copyrighted clipart but it doesn't say how. My question is would it be ok to try to make an appliqué using this picture or is that's big no no. I know that no one will be selling these quilts so I assume it's ok but want to make sure before I make them
Old 02-21-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Well, I've been in the chicken coop this morning checking out my chickies and eggs and am trying to get them ready to ship to Mariposa! LOL! I thought that 7 sets would be ooodles and boodles of blocks, but I still might not get some in exchange...sigh...to make more???? :?:
I did a house swap and made 7 sets! I recieved WAY to many blocks for one quilt!

last Chicken swap I did 4 sets, thinking that way I could get one from each participant. but thats not the way it worked! I recieved several from one person, because she made alot of sets.
so, the odds are who makes the most sets recieves several from others who also make alot of sets.

this time I am doing 6 sets with the thought being "it will make a nice sized quilt"

I love this swap :D and love seeing all of the amazing ideas and blocks :D :D :D eveyone is so talented!
BUT, Im resigned to the fact that I will only take away a small part of the awesomeness to keep as my own :D
Old 02-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Deranged... interesting observation.

As each one posts their Funkies I have been saving them in 'my pictures' with who made them so IF I should NOT get one of each, I could maybe contact them and do a private swap... in order... to add to my quilt.

Anyway you slice it, it will be a fun, 'cuse me, funky quilt and I can't wait. :D
Old 02-21-2011, 04:39 PM

wish me luck-- going to try and post pictures of Lord Checkers, Serene Minnie Mahalo and her wild twin Orchid Luau. Also a picture of my inspiration. The pics of Minnie aren't crooked the block is square just a camera angle

LORD Checkers, King of all he rules!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125469[/ATTACH]

Minnie Mahalo serene twin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125563[/ATTACH]

Wild chick, Orchid Luau
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125743[/ATTACH]

My inspiration-wooden rooster and top of cabinet!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126143[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125464.jpe   attachment-125558.jpe   attachment-125738.jpe   attachment-126138.jpe  
Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Pat, how cute!!!! I love all your chicks...the regal ruler and the fun and funky gals!!

In reference to the blocks. There can't be any guarantee that you get one of everyone's even if you make a zillion blocks! In the 1st funky chicken swap..there were a couple of people who only sent in 6. There were more than 6 who made a zillion blocks, so there was no way I could have them get one of everyone's...just not possible. I'm sure that no matter which blocks you get...they will be fun, funky and wonderful. Mariposa has a big job ahead of her!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:13 PM

PatP.... yipppeeeee.... you posted your photos successfully. Hip, hip, hoorayyyyy for you.

Love your chickens. Too cool.

Sandpat, so it was you who posted the last funky chicken swap? I did not know that. Your explanation makes sense. Thanks. I think everyone 'hopes' they could have one of each.

It will all work out. :-D
Old 02-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Guilty as charged Linda....it was fun to do it too. Mariposa has to post pics of the big piles of chickens when she gets the in. I bet she'll have to use a bunch of that basement space!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 PM

PatP your chicks and rooster are gorgeous. I really love your cabinets too :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM

PatP great rooster and chickens!

I will be happy with I get, they are all soooo cute!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Pat P.. .that is some serious java addiction you got going on there chickie.

No wonder we see you on late at night, lol.

Love all the new chickies everyone is posting. I know I did 18 of the KFC buckets as I ran out of the corner fabric. The others I did are really very basic in comparison.

If some wants a KFC that doesn't get one, I can do some but the corners will be different.