Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 02-22-2011, 05:14 AM

Have a question about the swap. I've never been in a swap where block sizes are different. I am trying to figure out if I need to do more blocks to have a complete quilt.
This is what I think.
I need 18 blocks 12 ½ x 12 ½. I completed 12 blocks of 12 ½ and will be making 6 blocks 3½ x 9½. If swapped per size I should get like 15 but for my reasoning. So

When the swap happens, are they swapped per size? Like 1 block measuring 12 ½ equals 4 blocks of 3½? and each of the 3½ x 9½ equals 2 blocks of 3½?

Now I realized that I need to make at least 3 big ones or more little ones.

I need to show my husband that thinking of quilting all day (Like he suggests I do all day) is not only about fabrics and colors. IT is also Math!!!!
thanks all- I love this swap!
andrea
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Andrea-- for the blocks, they are swapped EACH. You may get all 12" blocks back for yours you sent in or I may include one that is say, 12x15. On the smaller blocks, I am hoping to keep them like sizes, but we don't know how many of what sizes will come in.
And so far, lots of sizes!! Big ones, little ones, and in between!
I think I hear the chickens clicking at me. Guess I need to feed them breakfast! :)
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 AM

Lord Checkers is cool Pat!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:16 AM

Pat, your LORD Checkers block is so regal! And those cabinets are saaweeeeeeet!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Deranged... interesting observation.

As each one posts their Funkies I have been saving them in 'my pictures' with who made them so IF I should NOT get one of each, I could maybe contact them and do a private swap... in order... to add to my quilt.

Anyway you slice it, it will be a fun, 'cuse me, funky quilt and I can't wait. :D
I have done the same, I defientively looking at private swaps if I don't get enough. Count me in and my baked chicken or Cutie... for now
Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Roxanne
Lynnie, I'm so glad you did the chicken leg! I tried several and they looked so pathetic I wouldn't submit them.

All your blocks are wonderful!
so glad you liked it, i've since made about 18 more for myself including 2 roosters and a hen house
Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by catpawski
As to getting all small blocks when you do big ones.......that all comes down to Mariposa who will be doing all the sorting of blocks to be mailed back out. I'm sure she will sort the blocks fairly......
Mariposa... go over to the other side of the coop and don't look at this next stuff!

Yes, Mariposa has a HUGE job in front of her. And, I am pretty sure she can hardly wait to do the sorting. Some will send along little neat gifts like FQ, stationary, candy (I think she likes candy :shock:) , etc. as a thank you gift.

Note: it is not a requirement, just a nice way to say thank you to one Funky Hostess who will be having quite a job of sorting, repackaging, adding postage and all of the myriad of other stuff to consider in order to pull this whole swap and have Happy Hens in the end... I don't think there are any roosters in this swap, are there?????? :-D :-D :-D
mariposa don't look
i sent a few little hostess gifts with my sets also
Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

i made a over stuffer roaster for myself it's kinda icky, looks like the real thing, i can't wait to get mine back, this is such a cool swap.
thanks everyone, for sharing what youve. made so far
Old 02-22-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
i made a over stuffer roaster for myself it's kinda icky, looks like the real thing, i can't wait to get mine back, this is such a cool swap.
thanks everyone, for sharing what youve. made so far
Lynnie, can you show us what your over stuffer roaster looks like? :-D It might give me some ideas. :-D
Old 02-22-2011, 06:14 PM

I've been out of town for a couple of days and boy have you guys been busy.............great chicks................

On our way home I just had to stop at Otis Poultry farm.........looked so cute from the outside............but unfortunately not as interesting on the inside.........I was hoping for such great inspiration...I passed on the chicken gizzards and bought a dozen of fresh eggs............ :lol: