Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 03-26-2011, 12:46 PM

I'm in favor of the eggs with yolks. Thinking about a crack on the egg led me to think about somehow making a 3D eggshell that could be pulled back to show some chick fabric inside, or a yolk, or whatever. Don't exactly know how I'd go about that, but it could be fun.

About EQ: what is so great about it, is that 1) it saves countless hours in drawing and coloring block/quilt ideas 2) it contains the pooled creativity of dozens or hundreds of other quilters, so you don't have to always be reinventing the wheel in your work 3) it saves all your work in all its glory without taking up any shelf or drawer space. You can scan your own fabrics and photos into it, to get a very realistic idea of how your quilt will look finished. You just can't do that with graph paper and markers! Lots of 'famous' professional quilt makers use it, but it's a godsend to beginner and occasional quilters as well. It's just darn fun. The product support is really good, and they have a team of people who create fun lessons, challenges, blogs and so forth (kinda like here!) that are good for users of all skill levels. It's quite a bit more expensive now than when I bought it several years ago, but it can do exponentially more than back then, and you get a real price break when an upgrade comes out. EQ7 does run on Vista- I think someone wondered about that. I'm not affiliated with EQ, just a very grateful user.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

**We have about 60 folks who have expressed interest in this swap. Will see how many actually participate! :)
Just think of all those chickens here at the hen house!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Hey ladies check out my Hot Chicken Dip in recipes (couldn't resist!)
Old 03-26-2011, 02:17 PM

Mariposa, am I signed up? I thought I did, but now can't find my name on the list. is there a list? or did I come across an old list. anyway let me know, I have been doing the funky chicken like crazy!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
Wow, 5 sets so everybody gets one! :shock: Well, 1 set is done.

Here's another idea on how to turn my plain egg into something more.....votes on how to make them? Sometimes plain is nice when there is a lot going on in other areas. On the other hand....it is a FUNKY swap.
i think the 'bottom left' is a great one... says it all really!!

this is something people could do themselves if they're not lucky enough to get one!

brilliant idea 'foxflower'!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:38 PM

Pat, your recipe sounds good. I'm going to serve it at Friday Night Cards next week. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
Okay, IF I can I'll make more skunks. I'm just about done with 1 set, and they aren't difficult -- using rough edge machine applique.
Foxflower: please be careful in what you take on. You are doing a great job and no one expects that they might get one of everything they like.

Lots of us are keeping track of who made what so we can privately swap later if it shouldn't be in our mix of return blocks. I am sure everyone is going to be happy in this swap because there has been so much participation and SEW much creativity.

The goal is to be creative and ENJOY! :-D
Old 03-26-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well...they are all workable! LOL...that doesn't help does it? I personally think I'd like the plain one and then I could draw a crack on the shell...maybe add a foot coming out of the crack??? See....now you have even more ideas!
Oh dear Sandpat, you and I must be thinking along the same lines. Just this afternoon I was thinking about Foxflower's eggs and that I would like to make a foot sticking out of it. LoL :lol:
Old 03-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

LOL....Linda, you know what they say about "great minds". In this case though, it just might be "warped minds" thinking alike!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:46 AM

WOW is this swap coming together.................