Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >
  • FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

• FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 PM

Do both there cute. maybe crack the egg open some. I love your skunk pattern as well.
    Old 03-26-2011, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
    What do you think, shall I keep them, or swap them?
    I'm sure - you must swap them - they are so crazy :mrgreen:
    Old 03-26-2011, 05:22 AM
    Power Poster

EEEEWWWWEEE!!!! Since I spend an enormous amount of time argueing...(excuse me...I meant "asking nicely") my DH to murder the crappin' skunk who lives under our house...I do NOT need a skunk on my chicken quilt!!! LOL!!! The blocks however are much much cuter than the live one around here......and I like the eggs without the yolk- maybe draw a crack on them with permanent marker?
    Old 03-26-2011, 05:59 AM

For those of you that are thinking about EQ, you should buy the latest version, which is EQ7, which will be the easiest with the least problems...each version is better than the version before...they've done a ton of things since EQ5, which is what I originally bought. Just a suggestion...

The fabric skunks work for me! They are cute! LOL! Eggs with yolks usually aren't so perfectly shaped? But that could just be me and the way I crack them? Ha ha ha!
    Old 03-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Foxflower: your eggs (yolks and all) and skunks are great.

Since you are somewhat new, you do realize that EVERYONE will want one. Sewww, if you made a few sets it would make more swappers happy and you would get that many more blocks back. Just a suggestion.

Glad you joined us, you fit right in. :-D :-D
    Old 03-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    EEEEWWWWEEE!!!! Since I spend an enormous amount of time argueing...(excuse me...I meant "asking nicely") my DH to murder the crappin' skunk who lives under our house...I do NOT need a skunk on my chicken quilt!!! LOL!!! The blocks however are much much cuter than the live one around here......and I like the eggs without the yolk- maybe draw a crack on them with permanent marker?
    :lol: I can relate to the skunk issue. Had one kill a hen not long ago. However, I hate coons around the house even more. They smell better, but are sooo dangerous for the farm animals, including our dog, who hates'em too. Notice I made the skunk little and kept her OUTSIDE by the moon, not in the hen house! Maybe you need on to put under a house in a mini-wall quilt to remind your husband to go get it! Don't shoot it under there though, or your house will stink forever!

As for the eggs, I'll leave the yolks off. Shall I send them loose for others to play with? I didn't originally plan a yolk, that's why the eggs are so perfect in shape. I think I'm going to let my daughter color some for us with fabric markers like easter eggs -- she likes that. We could draw a crack on'em. My daughter suggested we cut them so that we could open them and see the yolk on the inside. UGGG, I don't want to tear out all the stitching though. I'm going to send some9.5" 9-patches that have some fussy-cut chicken fabric. I think that somebody needs filllers and doesn't want to use it as is, they can pull them apart.

I learned in Design 101 that nothing in one's work of art is "sacred" and that if you need to alter a section to improve the whole, you should, even if you like that one section. I guesss my point is that if I send something, I don't expect the recipient to have to use it as-is. If you get one of my blocks and can change it to work better for you, please do! That being said, I want to make them to the best of my ability.
    Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Since you are somewhat new, you do realize that EVERYONE will want one. Sewww, if you made a few sets it would make more swappers happy and you would get that many more blocks back. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the warm welcome Sew Extreme. I could try to make more, I guess. Problem is, there are so many fun designs to try! I found a coloring page of a little girl chasing a hen. I want to try to embroider it. It's fun to share these interesting designs. If I make tons of one, then I dont' have time to try and share the others! The skunks would be faster than the individually hand embroidered ones though. Except hand emboidery is more transportable. I know, I know, do both! My DH is going to have a another cow when he sees the house. He'll probably say, what did you do all day, sew? How shall I reply? :roll: Sew? :wink:
    Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
    Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Thank you for the warm welcome Sew Extreme. I could try to make more, I guess. Problem is, there are so many fun designs to try! I found a coloring page of a little girl chasing a hen. I want to try to embroider it. It's fun to share these interesting designs. If I make tons of one, then I dont' have time to try and share the others! The skunks would be faster than the individually hand embroidered ones though. Except hand emboidery is more transportable. I know, I know, do both! My DH is going to have a another cow when he sees the house. He'll probably say, what did you do all day, sew? How shall I reply? :roll: Sew? :wink:
    Reply with a huge smile and a great big kiss! Your contentment should be rewarding for him. :-D
    Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 AM

LOL Good idea. Then I'll remind him how I spent over an hour mostly on foot and carrying a 2 year old while crossing fences and streams in freezing temperatures and driving snow trying to bring 30+ head of cattle home from the ranch next door. After all, I could have been cleaning. HA HA
    Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 AM

Definitely use the yolks an egg without the yolks is just an ordinary egg! Did you ladies know that a hen can lay an egg in a soft shell that looks like skin? The egg is perfectly usable, although the dog got most of ours. Also that an egg can crack inside a chicken and she will patch it right back up. Just a lot of unuseful info----- Talking aabout the skunk, to dispose of birds that have passed from this earth we incinerated them, can't tell you how many skunks sent me hightailing it to the house from that incinerator! Guess what? I can outrun DH! Where does one get the material that looks like chicken wire?