Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers! >

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

Old 03-12-2015, 06:37 AM

Linda,
I have only been taking part in these swaps for a few months and I never ever thought that you had an alterior motive. I am always so happy to read your comments on the different arrivals in the different swaps. And the little things that I sent you was because my heart told me to and I try to listen to my heart because I feel that it is God telling me to do something! So please don't let that other message trouble your heart, you my friend, have enough to deal with! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Laurel/oneteappot
Old 03-12-2015, 07:03 AM

OMG. Did someone seriously write to you (Is it on the thread? If so, I missed it. I am assuming it was in a pm.) and say they thought you were in it for the "goodies" you might get????

This really upsets me. (Infuriates is a better word)

Linda, I totally understand where you are coming from. I have my own health issues that cause memory loss and brain fog. No where near what you are going through.

I can see you stepping away from this swap as one too many. You have to take care of yourself. What I find intolerable is someone attacking you. I am sending you great big, GENTLE, hugs. I am sorry anyone would say something so hurtful to you. Don't let that one (hopefully not more than ONE!) bad egg spoil your custard. Some people live to be mean.

I have never understood it. There are many, many, many folks here who love you. Just remember that.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
More fun for me! Thanks kiffie. We traded flowers and Easter Colors. We wondered if we'd send each other the same Texas flowers. I can honestly say I have NONE of these prints and I love them all!!

**Side note.... Don't be a stranger missBRAt!!! We still need you here. <3
Wowza, is that a panel on the end there? That is awesome.
Ellie
Old 03-12-2015, 09:53 AM

Good afternoon. Just an update that another person with swap experience has graciously stepped up to run the swap! I'm sure she'll be posting soon so I'll just leave it at that except to say you'll be in great hands I'm sure! (Heading back to my Booms now...)
Old 03-12-2015, 12:23 PM

LOL, Janice. You're so funny. If Brat wants me to pick up and run the swap for awhile, I'd be glad to do it. I'll leave it to her to give me the 'official' thumbs up. In the meantime, let's continue to support Brat.

I feel really sorry that Brat received such negative comments/feedback.

Jane
Old 03-12-2015, 02:39 PM

Brat,
I can't say what I'd like to here, because I don't want to be booted off this board which I love.
But I do want to say, why are you letting someone else run your life, my sweet friend?? One person does NOT speak for everyone. None of us are that important...not even moi .
Sorry, but that's just the way it is...

I feel like I'm being punished if I'm not allowed to send my friends, including you Brat, a lil special surprise every now and then. So please don't ask me to not send you anything. Just please, don't. I'm not rich, I'm probably not even middle class...But by the grace of God, I've got what I need.

This includes one of my joys in life: this board. And the wonderful friends I've made here. And sometimes I send lil gifts, sometimes I receive them. So it works out. If I couldn't afford to send, or didn't WANT to send, I wouldn't. Plain and simple. And I don't think a thing of it if someone can't send things. That's not the point of ANY of this for me.

This last month, I myself have received several "angel" pkgs. Most of you know about my hubby and his being in the hospital. I don't know how words can express what the pkgs I've received have meant to me...including the cards, too. And the pms...

My lil granddaughter often stops by, when they come over, she brings in my mail. If there's any type of pkg, she brings it right to me and says, "Here's your CARE pkg Grammy!". Mind you she chose that word. Out of the mouths of babes. And she's right. They're pkgs full of "care". So much more special than ANY fabric!!

I'm sorry (well not really) but I'm not about to ask anyone to not send me something. Nope, not doing it. Matter of fact, I hope I get more pkgs! Because that shows I have friends.. ME! I have friends!!
What a lucky gal I am!!

I'll hush for now. But please know I waited a long time to be able to do stuff without asking permission from my Mom (insert cute humorous grin here), and if I want to send something to "someone", I'm sending it. And if "someone" refuses it, I shall be more than hurt...way more than hurt...Plus I'll have to find somewhere to put back whatever it is I sent. Not good...as I'm trying to keep the "Hoarders, Buried Alive" producers at bay. Don't make me be on that show...

Love,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-12-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:37 PM

We all love you Brat...no matter what anybody says!!! <3
Old 03-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Brat, we all love what you do for us. Even if we don't tell you all the time. we'd be lost without you and all you do for us. We overlook the memory loss, hey we all have it, so I forgot that you forgot. fell better and don't let this ruin your good sense of humor and loving nature. I appreciate all you do for us. We wouldn't have all the great swaps if we didn't have you and people like you who give of your precious time. thanks.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

love you brat
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 PM

hi ladies, well ive been in and out due to health issues, and money issues, now im back, more are less, for some anyway, and i swaped with bratt and pm her, got beautiful blocks from her, adn they were awesome, i like to read about her she is such a hoot, brings the laughter, and fun to the swaps, what i have to say brat is they were not nice, and more than likely saw a chance to make somones life unhappy because they had already run off all her friends at home who knew her so ladies while we are praying for brat, and lets pray for this sick misguided person who said this to brat, as i have read by some , some people live to make others life miserable, and that person must have jsut found brat to be her next victim, so while i pray for brat, and know that she has friends and and off of this group, but for some this group is our outlet, especially in the winter months, and having brat and her fun, even what she is going through, has gone through, and the pain she must feel at times, as many of is do, adn then to love something so much and lead the way for others adn help in many ways at one time, and i myself , lets lett brat heal from the pain this person caused, but to that person u will not cause a riff in this group as this is a place for friends, and loving thoughts, and daily chatter and sharing of love and life, not for accusations, adn false ones at that, adn hurting such a good natured person, that i will pray for you to just silently step away from this group, if u cant stand up and say for us all, im sorry i made a huge mistake and shouldnot have judged another person, ladies some of you should remember me, as i remember you, i was in a boom, i finished all the blocks i got some back after i mailed them, but i still have them all here, in the envelopes some no addresses, and i look now and then to see if i can find them for a address, as they sent me a block and i want to send them theirs even if a year late, we are honest here and love is here, and one of u ladies i know would pm me brats address i have somthing for her, adn it was before this as i had a feeling to send to two fellow partners today adn had the address to the other one and she also had a very bad today, so the lord spoke for a reason, im off to bed and will check in tommorow, im looking for a RR to join, oh spread the love and give a hug