Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Hey everybody just stopping by to say "Hi". Been kinda a bad day here. DH came home and said he was laid off today. Bad time of the year for that to happen. But then again any time is a bad time! Say a prayer for us. Not complaining we're probably better off than alot of others.
I'm trying to decorate my house for all our company. My DIL and Gdaughter will be here Sat. and then DS, DD and her family come in on Tues. My extended family comes here on Wed. somewhere around 45 - 50 people. I think I've already told you all this but my extended family, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and kids celebrate Christmas together after Thanksgiving dinner, so then we all stay home with our immediate family during Christmas. Thank goodness no gifts to exchange just ornaments and I've already bought mine and a few extras, in case we have some unexpected guests. Keep me in your prayers that I hold it all together and get this stuff done and don't stress out about job situation.
Now good stuff... just checked again to make sure my SP pkg was delivered, and it was at 3:36 yesterday so hope she received it and liked it.
Darlene I'm so sorry to hear about your DH being laid off. It's hard enough and even more so right before the holidays. I will pray that everything will work out for you and your family. I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. How is your mom doing?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:54 AM

Love all the packages coming in. Darlene so sorry about your hubby getting laid off,my prayers will be with you thru this trying time These will be the first Holidays without my Mom so i to am going to try and stay busy. Gotta go to work now. have a great day!!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 AM

Darlene, Saying a prayer for you and your family.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:50 AM

hi everyone still on the board...it seems a lot of people have just given up on this new format!! it is wed morning, and i just need to vent a bit....
i used to love getting up in the morning, getting my coffee and getting on the board for a bit, not no more
i used to love the way it was easy to navigate the board, finding the new topics to read (all are the same as they were on monday morning!!), seeing what was for sale, seeing recipes etc.....not no more
i used to love seeing all the great pics of our swap items here on this thread....and now no one knows how to put pics on here.....so not no more
i used to get very excited when i got my package that i was going to be able to share the contents with everyone on this board....not no more (i am still excited to get my package but very very sad i cannot share it with ya'all!!)
this board used to be fun.....NOT NO MORE........................
Old 11-16-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650 View Post
this board used to be fun.....NOT NO MORE........................
Amen to that! Hate Hate Hate this new board, I have been struggling thru it but am just about ready to give up and go somewhere else.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM

To all who still HATE this board I have to say I felt the same on the 1st day BUT now I feel differently. I suggest to you all you do what I did, just take 5 or 10 mins and explore it. Start from the beginning and go to each and every topic and area on this board. You will be surprised at what you find. I know it can be very frustrating, it was for me too, so much so I was ready to quit. BUt then I took a deep breath and just went exploring and it really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be. Just try it, you'll get used to it like I did and will even find what you've been looking for. And too, we are here as a group to help those who are still having difficulty.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
To all who still HATE this board I have to say I felt the same on the 1st day BUT now I feel differently. I suggest to you all you do what I did, just take 5 or 10 mins and explore it. Start from the beginning and go to each and every topic and area on this board. You will be surprised at what you find. I know it can be very frustrating, it was for me too, so much so I was ready to quit. BUt then I took a deep breath and just went exploring and it really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be. Just try it, you'll get used to it like I did and will even find what you've been looking for. And too, we are here as a group to help those who are still having difficulty.
sorry to disagree...i have taken time, much more than 5 or 10 minutes to navigate the board....it is difficult to us who have limited computer knowledge....last night, i tried to post some pics of my secret pal package, of course i could not, so i asked my hubby to help....he is very VERY computer savvy, he uses his computer every day for his job as a project manager, and he could NOT post a pic either.....and i assure you, if he cannot post a pic, i cannot post a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....i have not given up YET, but i am just saying it was, in the past, easy to sit and have some relaxing board moments in the morning....now it is a struggle....i am very glad you can navigate and are happy with the board, there are just some of us who aren't......just voiceing the opinion of the majority of board members.....
Old 11-16-2011, 07:26 AM

"...it really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be." -- mscupid804

Anything new is a challenge to a lot of people who are happy with the way things were. That's what technology is all about. Unfortunately a lot of us are still getting used to computers, etc. Eyesight is a major factor -- the brightness and total jumble of contrasts and colors and sizes of fonts and headings and "cute" add-ons is hard to focus on for a lot of us with problems such as cataracts, etc. It takes us awhile to zone in on what we need to see -- it's hard to find a heading or title when other stuff blares out in bright and bold typeface bigger than the structured headings. I have the largest computer monitor screen I could find and use the biggest font I can get to and I still have problems. I tend to skip over so much "space" and repeated quotes, etc., in an effort to find what I need to read and consequently miss a lot. Also, there are a lot of us who don't have access to high speed internet or in-house (younger kids who are computer literate living with us) support. There's no such thing as "exploring for 5 or 10 minutes". It's more like 1 or 2 hours, and I don't have that much time to spend on the computer each day to explore much less catch up.

I'm not putting down the new structure, but am defending those struggling. Like any new system, there will be bugs and other glitches that were unforeseen at the start. There are many new features that are going to be nice to have, many older features that are going to be harder to get to. Of course there will be a learning curve until everyone catches up. Like many, I feel the loss of the old, familiar board that I felt comfortable with. But I also realize that it has gotten so big and popular that the old format probably just didn't "do it" anymore. Compare it to the corner grocery store that turned into a mega store where the bread is located a half mile away from the milk. Some people will love all the new additions and added inventory while others will long for the bread and milk in the same isle.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650 View Post
hi everyone....my very patient hubby and i have been trying to post some pics for the last 1/2 hour.....no go!! i got the nicest package from hoppa, and wanted to post some pics......he sent me the greatest stuff!!! a scarecrow for my holiday table, some sewing machine needles and a large package of hand sewing needles...a journal (never can have too many of those)....some small lint rollers (my special wish!!), and my favorite candy bar......also sent me the cutest snowman mug rug with some hot chocolate in the pocket and a snowman cup to go with it!!.......it is sooooo cute, i just love it....he also sent me some fall leaves fabric, and some fall leaves with some birds in the leaves fabric....i just love that fabric!!!!!...thanks so much, it made me very very happy, and glad to be in these swaps!!!....gina
GINA.

So glad that you enjoyed your pkg as it was so much fun to put your pkg together!

Hoppa
Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 AM

Darlene.

Sorry to hear your husband laid off will say a prayer for you and the family.