Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 11-04-2014 07:33 AM

The 'second something' for my Secret Santee turned out okay (and I've learned a new technique! YAY) BUT after I put all of the pieces together, I noticed a HUGE (to me, anyway) design flaw. Checked the picture with the instructions and yep, there it was in the picture! All I can figure is the designer made a boo-boo and flipped one piece the wrong way. Just wish I'd paid more attention to the picture details, before following so closely. :( Well, it's not a total loss, as I was able to take apart and salvage the other major pieces. It may have even worked out for the best, as I've since decided I'd like to change a few other parts of it, anyway. After I get home from voting, I'll redo the offensive piece and put the 'something' back together and finish it, along with the first 'something.' :thumbup:

quilt addict 11-04-2014 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6948808)
That is a fantastic cake! Did you make it?
Shipped my package today; not going out of state, but what a big state it is, it could be going to one of a couple hundred people.

Is it MEEEEE??????

juneayerza 11-04-2014 09:47 AM

Don't you just hate it when you buy something where the seller hasn't made sure the pattern or whatever is correct and will deliver as promised. I'm sure your Santee will love all the effort you have put in correcting and fixing the gift. Way to go Nessie!

dfelker 11-04-2014 09:51 AM

My Santee gift went off in the sleigh today!!! HO HO HO!!

ArizonaKAT 11-04-2014 09:55 AM

You know cause you're from Pittsburgh. . .

[QUOTE=PenniF;6955398]ROFLMBO :D:D:D.........that's GUMBO Chester !!!

AZ-KAT.....i know .... i know !!!!! But let's wait and see if anyone guesses.;)

ArizonaKAT 11-04-2014 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by happynana (Post 6955591)
Tricia will be praying for you tomorrow that all goes well.
Of course I know what Jumbo is :)
How about trying to explain a Permanti Brothers sandwich??

No explanation needed here. If you were born and raised anywhere around Pittsburgh, you ate cabbage in one form or another.

Neesie 11-04-2014 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6956197)
Don't you just hate it when you buy something where the seller hasn't made sure the pattern or whatever is correct and will deliver as promised. I'm sure your Santee will love all the effort you have put in correcting and fixing the gift. Way to go Nessie!

Seriously! Luckily, it was a free pattern. I looked it up again and found the Home page, rather than just the pattern. On the Home page, the designer shows a little quilt she made, with the pattern. For her finished piece, she changed a few of the elements, including the error. . . yet it's sitting side by side, with the flawed pattern. :p Oh, well! It's still cute and fairly simple to correct. :)

I hope my Secret Santee will like it, even though I haven't yet perfected the skill. Will try to remember to post a picture, when it's all finished and ready to send. :)

PenniF 11-04-2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6956213)
No explanation needed here. If you were born and raised anywhere around Pittsburgh, you ate cabbage in one form or another.

Like maybe pierogies and chopped cabbage sauteed in butter ????? And who doesn't eat fries and coleslaw on their steak sandwich?? I'm packing it all up and bringing it to the Hole !!!

Chester.... because you gave me so much fun with you're answer, i'll give you a hint....sometimes a kind of jumbo comes in rings.

PenniF 11-04-2014 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6956234)
S
I hope my Secret Santee will like it, even though I haven't yet perfected the skill. Will try to remember to post a picture, when it's all finished and ready to send. :)

Once opening day is passed you will HAVE to share what your new "skill" is....dying of curiosity here !!!! ....that is unless i'm your SS .... so you could just tell me now????!!!!

quilt addict 11-04-2014 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 6953495)
Sweetie Jolly Toes is wondering if her SS would like a copy of "Dear Jane quilt" book along with the CD....I had one gifted to me after buying one....tried selling it to no avail , but if I knew she would want it I `d put it in her box....but I`m not sending if she doesn`t respond.....waiting till last minute to mail, just in case....she did respond on here already so am hopeful ....waiting.....(p.s. brand new copy and unopened CD)

If you are sending to this Bubbles Angelears then yes definately, it is on my bucketlist.