Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Dedemac 12-25-2014 07:06 PM

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, we had a wonderful day with family. Now it's time for our traditional Christmas movie, The Bells of St. Mary.

m-fay 12-26-2014 11:59 PM

What a great idea dedemac....I reckon I'll do that this evening!

jclinganrey 12-28-2014 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I opened my SS package on Christmas, 1 day after getting home from the hospital which is the reason for the delay in posting my picture. Thanks, Nurse Bonnie for all the terrific goodies.

Jane

Patchesnposies 12-28-2014 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7024127)
I opened my SS package on Christmas, 1 day after getting home from the hospital which is the reason for the delay in posting my picture. Thanks, Nurse Bonnie for all the terrific goodies.

Jane

Jane, it looks like you got lots of goodies. I hope you are feeling better and on the mend. Thanks for posting pictures. Take good care of yourself!

CookyIN 12-28-2014 04:22 PM

So glad you're home now and were able to open your package and post pictures. Thanks for letting us see your gifts!

sew diva 12-28-2014 05:51 PM

Hi everyone,
First let me apologize to all of you especially my secret santa. Unexpectedly I was called out of town (like way out) and did not have my box or computer to post. We arrived back late last night and to be honest with you never even thought of the box until now. So here goes. Cutting tape opening flaps. Oh wow. This box is packed. Okay first item not wrapped and full of packages. Slowly lifting it out so that I don't drop anything. OH a gorgeous thread catcher in a type of plaid perfectly matched. Boy my Santa is good!!! ummm....ohhhh..... the pin cushion is removable. Never saw one like that before. That's a great idea. Easier to clean out. Next a snowman tin filled with Hershey Kisses and has a hanger to be able to hang it on my tree next year. (didn't have time to put one up this year) Oh my never had a chance to try this Burt's Bees Body lotion and lip balm. I've heard others rave about it and now I'll get to try it. Next Vintage Textile Soak....great for restoring antique quilts. Now that's handy. Now 4 fat quarters that are color coordinated to go perfectly together. A pattern called Silver Star on a laminated card. That makes good sense they must know my spill rate on patterns. Goodness 4 more fat quarters that go together and a pack of 2.5" squares that go with them. Just wonderful. Awwww a tea pot ornament. So adorable. Sweet tooth is getting assorted chocolates from a Whitman's Sampler. mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Okay what in the world is this??? In a tin looks like some sort of paper clip. Wait reading packaging....Oh these are those Quilt binding clips. Never saw them before so it will be interesting trying them out. Has to beat pinning, getting stuck by pin and bleeding on quilt. I have a quilt ready for binding so will definitely be trying out these clips. Next is a Minnie Mouse tin with a screen cleaner in it. Boy this computer screen needs a good cleaning. And last is a different kind of seam ripper. The end looks kind of coiled but wait it says unique cap grabs and easily removes loose thread. Now how clever is that. And a beautiful card....from my secret Santa......Judy Shepler......Thank you so much for all the wonderful goodies. I have so many new things to play with that I'm not sure what to start with first. Everything was wrapped with the exception of the thread catcher. I really applaud you at the matching up of the plaid fabric. You are much braver and better then me.
Judy I was actually fairly close to you during my time away. I was in Winter Haven at my daughters. If I had had the package with me I would have tried calling you.

I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I do want to wish everyone a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year. May you all have lots of quilts to make and show in 2015. God Bless!

sew diva 12-28-2014 05:57 PM

A quick question. Will there be a secret peter cottontail swap? Might be fun.

mmac71 12-28-2014 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by sew diva (Post 7024815)
A quick question. Will there be a secret peter cottontail swap? Might be fun.

Read on here, many pages ago, that there would be a valentine swap after Christmas rush is over.

sew diva 12-28-2014 07:05 PM

Okay I'll start now just in case there is one for Valentine's Day. Oh I'm getting excited again. Now I know I have red fabrics all I need to do is find them. Quilt room is a disaster zone. I'm even afraid to go in it. LOL.

VickiM 12-28-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by mmac71 (Post 7024884)
Read on here, many pages ago, that there would be a valentine swap after Christmas rush is over.

Now, how did I miss that post? Will it be posted seperately? Just got back from VA for a week at my daughter's house & trying to play catch up on the computer...didn't bring it with me. Hope everyone's Xmas was great. Happy New Year everyone!