Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

sunrise450 10-07-2014 10:03 AM

Sorry Teri, I sent the last message on before you posted your message.

Anoka Quilter 10-07-2014 10:05 AM

That is a scrappy??? Would love to see a bigger picture.

Originally Posted by mosher92 (Post 6916461)
My avatar is an on going scrappy. My first and at the rate I am going it will be my last. Thank you for your kind words.

Anoka Quilter 10-07-2014 10:08 AM

Here is a hint for my SS. Scrap fabric. I am going to do the scrappy mystery train in January and believe it or not I do ont have a lot of scrap fabric. Pieces of any size I usually cut into 2 1/2" squares for other swaps and the really small pieces go for making dog beds for the animal shelter. I have a box set aside with strips for a future string quilt, but I don't have a lot of scraps. Isn't that unheard of for a quilter?

Neesie 10-07-2014 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6918981)
Sorry Teri, I sent the last message on before you posted your message.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Terri was just saying she simply doesn't have time to keep sending multiple PMs to our SS-ees, for so many people. Also, she can't force folks to wade through the posts, to find and answer more questions. The alternative would be for her to be a constant go-between, sending PMs back and forth, trying to keep them all straight, until she drops from exhaustion. Considering the many, MANY people probably participating, I imagine exhaustion would set in rather quickly! :D Seriously, just the thought of all those PMs makes my head spin! :p I believe we're still free to provide answers to each other on this thread, as long as we play nicely.

I think that's possibly a clue as to how many participants we have, this year! ;)

Terri, if I've misinterpreted your message, please feel free to swat me! :)

Anoka Quilter 10-07-2014 10:31 AM

I am not much of a reader. Just can't find the time to sit down and enjoy a book.

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6916742)
Ok, Since Terri said all the names are out first general question. Do you actually read print books? Or have you gone to e-book? Me I do both there is something about quietly turning a page and being able to flip back to go what was that?

quiltingdragon 10-07-2014 10:36 AM

Dedemac - where "north of the equator" are you? - you can PM if you don't want to post - but there is a store near me (St Louis) that carries them, and I know of one in Georgia and one in Wash State - so I am sure we can find one by you, wherever you might be!

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6918301)
Bunny I know, my DH has brought them back on some of his trips up there. I just ate the last one about a week ago. I have learned to ration them but once I open it I just have to finish them. I have found one candy store here in the state that carries them but they are only open in the summer so I will have to make a drive soon and get my stash for the winter.

CookyIN 10-07-2014 10:52 AM

I am sooooo excited! My sweet Santee very nicely said in the original info she sent Terri that there was one very specific thing she'd love to have in her package -- and I found it for her this morning at Joann! Now I'm sure that she'll love the package I put together for her. *doing the happy dance*

I believe I'll head to the hole and celebrate with a mimosa!

tlrnhi 10-07-2014 11:03 AM

What I'm saying is....I don't mind asking your person for a little more info, but I don't think I need to be fielding many, many PMs to let your person know or asking them to fill out what is posted on the thread. They will either read the thread and fill it out or they won't.

As to how many participants we have this year, we always have alot. Like I said,,,,we had one year where there was over 250, actually, almost 300. Was a good year. Alas....we haven't hit 200 in a few years. Is that a good hint for you??

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6919002)
Unless I'm mistaken, I think Terri was just saying she simply doesn't have time to keep sending multiple PMs to our SS-ees, for so many people. Also, she can't force folks to wade through the posts, to find and answer more questions. The alternative would be for her to be a constant go-between, sending PMs back and forth, trying to keep them all straight, until she drops from exhaustion. Considering the many, MANY people probably participating, I imagine exhaustion would set in rather quickly! :D Seriously, just the thought of all those PMs makes my head spin! :p I believe we're still free to provide answers to each other on this thread, as long as we play nicely.

I think that's possibly a clue as to how many participants we have, this year! ;)

Terri, if I've misinterpreted your message, please feel free to swat me! :)

IrishgalfromNJ 10-07-2014 11:10 AM

The extra questions and answers were very helpful in finding two more things that my partner will love as well as some sweet animal (not saying whether it is canine or feline) fabric from my stash to share. My partner's gift box is coming together. I have one more thing to make (material has been ordered and I should have it early next week) and one more thing to buy (it will have to wait until payday next week), then I can start wrapping all my goodies and send my package out. The jingle bells have been secured and sound great. I hope the post office folks like them.

I'm staying away from the hole because I have too many chores to do this evening after work. I may come by this weekend to bring some apples and pumpkin muffins. Does anyone like hard cider? I've never tried it and I want to. I'm going in search of some after work.

Anoka Quilter 10-07-2014 12:20 PM

Here is a little more information from the Anoka Quilter

[QUOTE=Neesie;6917648]Okay, I'm gonna throw out some SS questions, hoping my SS-ee will also answer.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? Mike Chocolate is my favorite. I enjoy homemade candies and cookies that everyone breaks out their once a year recipes and makes; rum balls, pepermint bark, fudge, I love it all. Just no fruitcakes.
What are your favorite fabric colors? I am have really been getting into the batiks lately. I just love all those wonderful colors. I was one of the MN Row-By-Row winners and my package of 25 fat quarters was all batiks. I was a very happy person. I also like black/white combinations, reds, jewel tones, the fall organges, greens, golds, etc. I also love halloween novelty fabric, what would you expect from someone who lives in the Halloween Capital of the World.
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Burgandy reds, midnight blues,
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Yes, I like the smaller rulers, 2 1/2", 3 1/2" etc. It is nice to have extra of these sizes. I like to keep one in my travel kit and one on my cutting table. I have plenty of tape neasures, but can always use a new seam ripper.
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I love all kinds of quilting books and patterns. Expecially patterns from local designers i your area as they are patterns I cannot find locally.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Not much of a book reader.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? No
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? I like rocks. In fact I actually go mining in real mines. I have been to Canada to mine amathest, Arkansas for quartz crystal, and Maine for tormeline.
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yes
Would you enjoy receiving socks? You can never have too many socks. Shoe size 9.
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. :)
Halloween orphan blocks. Potholders, ornaments, jar candles (no floral sents), I collect the Dept 56 Halloween village, I know sometimes the thrift stores will have pieces really cheap. Kitchen witches, recipes.

Other activities I enjoy is camping, knitting, crocheting, make own soaps and candles.

I have 4 pets; 3 dogs and 1 cat.