Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-more-important-info-added-page-one-reveal-chat-december-12-%40-7pm-est-t66738.html)

trupeach1 10-21-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat

Originally Posted by trupeach1

what in the world has gotten into ya'll????

Teri is away for a few day!!!!!!!!!!!! :-P :-P :-P She said she was leaving you in charge..........I guess you didn't get the memo because you weren't here either.

Hmmm.....maybe it would have been better if she had sent me an email...ok...*big sigh*..I guess I'll have to go back on the pages to see who is responsible for stirring the pot like this. :shock:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh OH (waving my hands) you don't have to take your time to go back and read everything it is ALL litteones fault!

littleone 10-21-2010 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[/quote]
Ohhhhhhhhhhh OH (waving my hands) you don't have to take your time to go back and read everything it is ALL litteones fault![/quote]

Oh You You...Peachy you big meany....... liar liar pants on fire

cbridges22 10-21-2010 09:27 PM

NAUGHTY List,I think not.I am on Santas' Morality patrol.He put me in charge of determining if adult intentions were good,honest and pure and that is the truth so help me Santa Clause,Easter Bunny,Tooth Fairy and all that is good and pure!I shall not be bribed with fat quarters(batik), chocolate(milk) or any other goodies,my report shall be true and honest.So you better watch out.I might be willing to listen to one of Santas Elves pleading your cases esp. if he wears a fireman suit but we shall see if that is necessary.

abonda 10-22-2010 03:57 AM

A fireman's suit???? The Hunk Santa's helper( we will call him Elfis) is wearing a short santa suit??? with suspenders?? Not a fireman's suit. Are you telling me that you like your hunks in a firemans suit??? Now the tune is changing. I think you are hiding the true and honest YOU!!!! STILL ON THE NAUGHT LIST!!!!

trupeach1 10-22-2010 04:19 AM

Funny thing about morality it depends on how you look at it. When my daughter was is high scool a bunch of her friends both girls and guys around 17 - 18 yo were talking about morality and a few of them said what high standards their families had. Funny part was that they ones who CLAIMED their family had such high morals and values had sisters who slept around at the age of 16 or were pregnant by 18, not married. The guys hooked up with whoever would go to bed with them. The 1 boy who was so high and mighty about his family and the high standards they had his dad was having an affair. It was know to most of the other parents.
I don't know why I am writting this it is not too start a debate about morals it is just something I thought of since sbridge22 said she is on morality patrol.

sandpat 10-22-2010 05:15 AM

Well...at this time of year, "Santa Patrol" is a little bit more important- especially Secret Santa Patrol. So, those of you being so naughty and then pointing fingers at each other had better watch out I think. Have you ever noticed how BIG Santa's ears are?

abonda 10-22-2010 07:13 AM

Well...at this time of year, "Santa Patrol" is a little bit more important- especially Secret Santa Patrol. So, those of you being so naughty and then pointing fingers at each other had better watch out I think. Have you ever noticed how BIG Santa's ears are?

I think that "Santa Patrol" is the most important thing on this site since he will be the one who gives us presents or not! and YES I have noticed how big santa's ears are??!!! They are bigger then you know who?? Littleone's. She leads you to believe that they are teeny tiny small but they really are the size of Dumbo?.. Santa's are all most as BIG.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....... Just like the ones I used to know........ where the tree ..tops.. glisten... and children listen... to hear... sleigh bells in the snow...........

I just love that song!!!!!!!!! When my dad was alive he used to sing it to me when we were out driving looking at all the pretty lights when I was a kid. He had such a beautiful voice. At christmas time I always remember that. It is very special to me. DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE SPECIAL MEMORIES OF A SPECIAL CHRISTMAS??

P.S. Good Morals are Very Improtant!!!!! To me anyway!!! Just so everyone knows! I was just trying to be funny with the pictures. I promise I will be good ? :evil: maybe for a little while

cbridges22 10-22-2010 07:24 AM

Yes and it is rather strange.This is my kids favorite memory.My son was 10mand my daughter 5. We lived in Dallas,TX. and I worked for hospice and was on-call Christmas Eve.Of course I got called out to go to a death and pronounce a patient about 7:00p.m. just as we were starting activities.My mom was there and offered to drive so we all piled in her van and off we went singing Christmas carols,eating cookies and looking at lights.We got there and they stayed in the car for about an hour until the funeral home came and I had done all I needed to do.Then we headed home.Many years later both my kids said that was there favorite memory and I ask why because it sure was not what I would have picked and they both said it was because I put them first even though I was working and caring for others and because it made them realize we weren't promised a tomorrow and each day is a gift from God.Kids can sure amaze you and surprise you.I am thankful my kids got the true meaning of Christmas.

cbridges22 10-22-2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by abonda

I think that "Santa Patrol" is the most important thing on this site since he will be the one who gives us presents or not! and YES I have noticed how big santa's ears are??!!! They are bigger then you know who?? Littleone's. She leads you to believe that they are teeny tiny small but they really are the size of Dumbo?.. Santa's are all most as BIG.Please tell me you know I was only kidding!Morality is not my thing and I lved the eye candy!

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....... Just like the ones I used to know........ where the tree ..tops.. glisten... and children listen... to hear... sleigh bells in the snow...........

I just love that song!!!!!!!!! When my dad was alive he used to sing it to me when we were out driving looking at all the pretty lights when I was a kid. He had such a beautiful voice. At christmas time I always remember that. It is very special to me. DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE SPECIAL MEMORIES OF A SPECIAL CHRISTMAS??

P.S. Good Morals are Very Improtant!!!!! To me anyway!!! Just so everyone knows! I was just trying to be funny with the pictures. I promise I will be good ? :evil: maybe for a little while

trupeach1 10-22-2010 08:08 AM

[quote=abonda]

DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE SPECIAL MEMORIES OF A SPECIAL CHRISTMAS??

Me! Me! I do!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a Christmas that will stand out for me the rest of my life. Well actually 2.

The first was when my son was in 4th grade. A boy in his class dad committed suicude on Thanksgiving day. The family was losing their house and even giving way their dog because they couldn't afford to feed it. Jim said this boy wore the same pants to school everday and only had 2 different shirts. Jim asked how much I was going to be spending on him for Christmas becasue he would like to take 1/2 of that money and buy the boy some clothes. Joyce then said she would give up 1/2 of what she was going to get to buy pressies for the mom and brother. Joyce was in 2nd grade. Young to know there was no Santa but more importantly they knew it was the birth of Jesus. We always had a bithday cake that said Happy Birthday Jesus on it. Anyway there wasn't on line shopping at the time so we looked through the JC Penney's catalogue and got the boy clothes, his brother a religious pendent and I can't remember what we got the mom. I was making rosaries at the time and they all got a pair of rosaries. (they were Catholic) We brought boxes of food, for Christmas breakfast and dinner with letovers to spare. After Christmas eve dinner my ex would take me and the children to Our Lady of the Island Shrine as they had the most beautiful Nativity and that was our Christmas tradition to go there. On the way home we passed by the boys house and left the pressies on the front porch. We were quiet as mice. When we got home I called their house, this was before caller ID. I told the mom there were pressies for them outside. She asked me to hold on and she went to see. The next thing I heard was shouts of happiness. She got back on the phone crying and asked who I was, I didn't tell her. To this day this story was never told to anyone, only me, my ex and my children knew who left those pressies on a cold Christmas Eve for a family of a child not a friend only a child in my sons class.

The second was........during my divorce my ex wasn't paying any support. We had nothing not even food. I was selling everything we owned including the furniture. Our church called they had pressies for us. I don't know who told them we were in such need but the people had to know us as it was all stuff we liked or needed. Joyce got a winter jacket, Jim a history book(he now has his BS in history) along with a gift card for Borders Books. I had a teapot collection but that had to get sold off however my gift from the church was a teapot. We also received a turkey Christmas dinner. There was a convent about a mile from our home at the time and we knew some of the nuns from religious instructions. We were invited to spend Christmas eve at the convent. OH OH I forgot we have no family it is just me and my 2 children and if we weren't invited there we would have been home alone as I wasn't able to make the drive to the Shrine as we did in the past with their dad. It was the most beautiful Christmas Eve. We went to Mass with the nuns and their families in the Convent Chapel. After Mass we attended a mid night dinner party at the Convent. The nuns wearing their habits and the priest dressed in black. What a big celebration but then again it was Christmas Eve. It was the most wonderful, beautiful Christmas I ever had. Jim, Joyce and I were poor and all alone but on Jesus birthday God took care of us.

Oh I forgot there really were 3. Jim was born Dec 15 but we had to stay in the hospital for a week. My ex had our apartment all decorated, a tree up and Christmas PJ's for Jim. When we arrived home on Dec 23. Jim was the best Christmas pressie I ever got.

1 more I promise this is it. Last Christmas...........I got to spend it with Joyce because on June 14 2009 I was told she would not live beyond that night with the injuries she had.