Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 AM

Guess last question, how do we get addys?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:43 AM

Since you will be sending to me the whole time, I'll PM you my address :D

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Guess last question, how do we get addys?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by pamesue
let me know how the home made bubble jet works...
I'll let you know... :thumbup:
Old 01-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by pamesue
Ok, my row is done...I think it turned out sew cute! I hope this pic is okay and you can see the blocks. I used the same fabric for the background in all 5 blocks.
Definitely got yours and already have my fabrics together for it.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 AM

Nancy, since you have to mail to me each time, I'll PM my phone number so you can call for an address each time. Assuming we are all doing priority with tracking, it should get to me just fine. You just won't have a permanent address. It's really not that difficult.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Y'all are getting way too high tech on these labels --- sounds like a lot of work (lol).

OK , now that everything is as clear as mud (well, maybe mud where the silt has settled and the top is somewhat clear). As far as my star blocks go, I'm just aiming towards bright mottled or solids (no dots, checks, flowers, stripes, paisleys, etc) on a mostly black background. Batiks are fine, and black-on-blacks are fine (where did you find them?). I suppose I'll start working on my blocks tonite since my DQ is done and I'm still waiting to hear confirmation from my "Qltg in the New Year" buddy. It's COLD here (not supposed to be), and I'm oh so ready to just curl up with my Kindle in my bed.
Ordered black on black from Connecting Threads and a 10" pack of bright batiks. Also have some in my stash. I'm not the FQ Stash Queen for nothing! :) Having a blast finding block patterns and fabrics. Darn it all, that means I have to do a little bit of fabric shopping. DH will be thrilled. He already has two packages when I get to snow country, and being almost snowed in means I get to sew while he and his friend play with our new Wii Sports and Fitness pack. What a shame. :shock:

God Bless, Cherie
Old 01-15-2011, 08:23 AM

Yeah, I hate when that happens, too.

I'm hooked on Connecting Threads, too. And isn't it awful that we have to order at least $50 to get free shipping? Oh, darn. Anyway, the phone number seems like a great way of keeping up with you. I'm going to be away from Monday til next Sun, then I will get serious about finishing my row. Just pm me your number, or I can give you my e-mail.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:26 AM

Hey Nancy...can you add our name to the name of our thread? Like where it says Row Robin 2011 - Group 6....so we can see it when looking through all the threads :D
Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM

Hi Nancy, so nice to meet you. My husband and I grew up in Baton Rouge, but moved when we married back in 1966. His brother lives in Shreveport, but used to live in Lake Charles, so I am familiar with where you live. Gotta love those Cajuns:-) I love your style of retirement! I had to smile when you talked about how much fabric and how man patterns you had collected. I can relate! But I love being surrounded by such beautiful fabric. If I never made another thing, it will have served a purpose, but I do hope to quilt for many years to come. I too am a grandmother in my 60's. Nice to hear from a Louisiana friend!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Well, good morning...I have my row done, my label, extra block, journal and pictures of me..am I missing anything? I wish I could mail it off early...oh well...I am going to mail my row in a priority mail box from USPO w/confirmation..I think that's what we all agreed on...I would do that anyway...let me know if I am missing or need something else...:)