Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Pal- February 2018

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Tammy so glad that you liked your package. I received the books from hav4boys in this swap and I loved them. I hope you also will. I am sure that she will not mind that someone else enjoys the books. My husband picked out the camping fabric for you. He was glad to hear that you liked it. The charm packs seemed like they would fit. I was worried when I received your name again that I wouldn't be able to give you things you liked, so glad it's ok.

Hugs BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Wow! There has been quite a bit of imagination and creativity this month! Keep me posted!

I am ready to ship my package to my SP and I have a clue -

There is Storm coming her way and I hope she liked to play see saws as a child.

I mailed my package today and I made something special for my secret pal!

Some clues for my secret pal:

Your town is located at a one degree higher latitude then my town.
    Your town's population is 30 times the population of my town.
    Your town's first movie theater opened the year my father was born.
    Both of our towns are along a river and Indians were the original occupants of both areas.

My secret pal received her package today and l she like it all. It is Jclinganrey from Caifornia.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    Update. Went and had the manuplation done yesterday on my knee, had to be there by 6am we live just a little over an hour away so needless to say we had to get uo early. All of this for a 15 minute procedure. Came home and slept then had to be at PT at 4pm and had the best exerciese so far, when they measured me I was 3 for straighting my knee and 97 for bending, plus on the stationary bicycle for the first time I was able to make my pedals go completely around, so excited, gonna get my leg back yet. Some hurt this morning but will suffer thru it.
    On another note Dh is doing awesome, still has alittle pain but other than that awesome, did get all the cancer.
    Thank God for that
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Well the item I specifically ordered for my pal is expected to arrive to me today. So that means a quick run to the post office tomorrow morning to make the deadline....with seconds (barely) to spare.

I wonder if she has, by seeing who already has theirs posted, if she's figured out I'm her pal yet

Love the pics so far. So many good ideas everyone shares!

verna, so glad things are looking up for you. You deserve some good news!

Verna-so happy that your knee is improving and good news about hubby! Yippee!

My SP package was delivered on the 12th at 10am I hope she opens it soon.

Happy Valentines Day Ladies!!
    “Every quilter has a masterpiece inside.”
    ”I am not messy I am creative.”

Happy valentine's day!!

Hello Everyone!

I show that as of 10:53 a.m. CST, 10 people have not sent the packages. We are getting down to the deadline. I will watch for more PM confirmations!

Hope you are having fun guessing and receiving!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Crispy

I'm one of the late mailers. I couldn't help it. The item I wanted to give took for-Ever to get to me. But according to the tracking it should arrive today, so I can mail out immediately tomorrow. I'll probably go priority so she gets it sooner. I promise I'll mail by the stroke of twelve.

On the flip side, I am tempted to order myself one, too.

A hint for my gal, we both like pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I show that as of 10:53 a.m. CST, 10 people have not sent the packages. We are getting down to the deadline. I will watch for more PM confirmations!

Hope you are having fun guessing and receiving!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Crispy

Blog Entries
    Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!!!

I collect Seraphim Angels

Just want to share these awesome socks my SP BrendaK sent me this month! I love socks and wear every pair that someone sends me because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and they keep my feet warm.
    So, just because you send socks don’t think they are not appreciated by some people.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Every quilter has a masterpiece inside.”
    ”I am not messy I am creative.”

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Looking good girl. Love those big eyes. Hope all had a good Valentines Day. Verna glad all is looking up for you and your hubby. BrendaK
    Last edited by BrendaK; 02-15-2018 at 01:00 AM.
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

TexasTam has flirty ankles!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I received a special package today from my valentine ThereseS. Thank you, Therese, for the super package you sent. There was tissue, emery board, Truffles, Russell Stover Chocolate. Delightful Texas HotSox's, Bathtub Tea (to bathe in not drink), a super little flashlight for my purse, pattern, Templates Squares. A ton of fabric that I just love: 2 Blue Fat Quarters, A Starter Pack with 20 lights and 20 darks, at least a yard of gold, a large piece of gold print and a beautiful 19"x44" gold metalic. WOW. If I missed anything please forgive me. I love it all. I almost forget a sling to carry my bowling ball in and a book that I haven't read.

BrendaK
    Last edited by BrendaK; 02-15-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Sounds like a great package, Brenda!

My package was mailed out today, priority, so my pal should be receiving it soon. Hoping she likes what I ordered her. But if she doesn't I hope she mails it back to me, because I want one, too! LOL

I got a fantastic package from Mary Christine! So many things...including a purse kit, a quilt sign for my quilt room sign wall, a silky scarf with a gardening motif, 10 rotary blades, and more! I'll be posting a pic soon.

My package went out today. Post office said that it will be in Oregon on Saturday.

Darn Laquita.....I would think it would be cool to meet my Secret Pal !
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    Ok ladies,

IF your secret pal lived close enough to you and could personally / hand deliver your Feb package would you 'welcome' that kind of a surprise?
    (1) if yes, would you want it to be a total surprise
    (2) would you want to know she was coming?

Let's see what EVERYone thinks / feels about this okay???? (Sure hope my SS responds)! lol

BTW: Barb, if you'll notice where I'm from.......I won't be hand delivering yours......sorry.
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

I show 5 swappers that didn't post that they have SENT yet. I'll post reminders in the PM. Maybe I missed someone, which is very possible! If you have received, please let me know and more importantly....POST PICS!

Crispy

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I tried not to forget anything but I did. I also received a Post-it notepad with a picture of a Quilting Diva on it. I have never seen these before and they are kool. I would love to post pictures but something between my computer and my brain just doesn't work right. I will continue to try.Thanks again ThereseS. BrendaK

I wish my SP would show pictures. I would but forget to take them before I mailed. I mailed cute napkins that said "why is happy not more than 1 hour" . She entertains a lot and these were cocktail napkins. I also sent some red fussy handcuffs. I sent blk and white fabrics and candy and patterns.
    Last edited by sewingsuz; 02-16-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Suzanne

Sewingsuz- What do you mean by "handcuffs"? I'm not picturing that, especially red and hand made!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
    Sewingsuz- What do you mean by "handcuffs"? I'm not picturing that, especially red and hand made!
    They were not hand made and it was a valentine joke for your lover. They had fussy fur around them. It was meant to be a funny thing.
    Suzanne

Hi Guys,

I received my wonderful package from Armylady2012 today and as always she has been so very generous. She sent my most wanted item and the second choice most wanted item too.... she even purchased the little buttons that go with them that I didn't even know about...sent some red fabric for my bargello... (I must be nearly there no for the 20 red shades... well almost), she sent needles, pins, coffee, chocolates, a cute tub, a diary, a fabulous embroidery stitch book and cake - yum yum! Maxie, you are so kind and generous... thank you.

Name:  feb swapJPG.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  1.61 MB

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast