Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Any new organizing goals? >

Any new organizing goals?

Any new organizing goals?

Old 11-17-2016, 04:41 PM

Thanks lots2do,

hubby was not in the truck when it happened. But, our DS was. Thank goodness he was not hurt. Not touching anything metal. But, It has been several months and it is still not fully operational. I do wish that they had just totaled it out. But, hopefully all will be fixed soon.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:55 PM

What a pleasant room! Gotta love organization. I label everything. In fact, if you stand too close to me, I might slap a label on YOU. Your photobomber is the cutest.

So sorry about your DH's truck and so thankful your DS wasn't hurt!! I am so terrified of lightning .
Old 11-18-2016, 02:17 PM

Sorry to hear about the truck, glad no one was hurt. Your sewing room pics have given me some new organizing ideas since my space has lots of windows too.

Rob
Old 11-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Judith...thanks for posting your pictures..you have solved many problems in such clever ways....so very neat, a great place to sew.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:51 PM

Thanks ladies, I spend lots of time in my sewing room. My favorite place to be.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:06 AM

Judith, I'm glad to hear that.

This weekend, I want to wrangle my yarn collection into shape. I also need to go through all of the tote bags I brought back from Maine and sort through them. The need to be organized was really made clear to me, recently. When I left here, last spring, I left a walking foot on my machine. I guess I was in such a hurry, I tossed the foot attachment piece and the attached foot into a small container of pins. The pins traveled to Maine and back. Finally, I found the parts in the middle of a sleepless night.
One of my big goals when we pack up this spring is not to do it in a rush....
Old 11-19-2016, 05:27 AM

That's a great idea lots2do. That way when you are packing to head North you can just grab whatever you want to take and go. Truly, that must be kind of confusing heading here and there and trying to remember what is where.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:37 PM

I had planned to clean off my cutting tables today but I got sidetracked. . I did get some of the fabric put away but then I started cutting rectangles for a project and looked in a drawer that wasn't labeled and found triangles. Some were sorted so I sorted the rest and then pulled out more triangles from a different container. I know I have at least one more drawer to go through later.

Some of the triangles were cut with my Accuquilt; some were setting triangles; and others were found in donated material for my church group.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562449[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 11-19-2016, 05:50 PM

Drawer where I keep machine needles was plum full so it was a challenge to get it open. Today I dumped it out, sorted by size (11,14,16) and labeled small containers so I can store that way instead of original packages. Needles fall out of packages anyway after they are opened. Took me 5 minutes and should've done it long ago. On to my next mess!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

LOL tranum....it seems I'm always onto my "next mess"....

So Connie, what have you got planned for all those triangles? Why do we get sidetracked so easily?

I'm slowly putting my sewing room back together yet again. I start putting things away...then see that postage stamp project and start digging in to see how many more I need to sew....that was after I was looking for a backing for a "Lego" quilt...wondering how many more 10" blocks I should make...depends on what I have for suitable backing...they both use 1 1/2" squares and strips....oh before that I finished the work gloves for MrOK..they fit pretty good...right now I should be finishing getting checks ready for mailing...but I need a break....