Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Do you organize just to buy more? >

Do you organize just to buy more?

Do you organize just to buy more?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:04 AM

When I organize, and everything is put away I forget that I have so much stuff and buy more. (Especially when I do project tubs.). I'm going to Paducah's Hancock's today!!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:05 PM

I'm in the process of using up all the old jeans I have (and all that have been donated to me) Just finished the 10th denim quilt so have used up 130 pairs of jeans, 35 yards of stash fabric and 35 yards of batting scraps. Have jeans for 5 more quilts. So far I haven't purchased anything to make these quilts. They will be given to family members for Christmas this year. I also don't see any "holes" to put anything new!
Old 07-24-2017, 06:35 PM

I have been working on cleaning out some of my fabrics. I have a niece who has 3 daughters that I gave 2 sewing machines to. So I have been boxing up fabric & elastic & thread to them also. I feel really great giving them some of my stash. I know that my kids won't use it & rather than it get burned, I'll give it to them
Old 07-30-2017, 07:16 AM

Why yes I do! But I don't buy more--it is donated to our huge charity group here in Phoenix. I gathered up a large pile of dark fabrics and donated them to our group. I just do not like making quilts with them.

This makes room for the brighter colors and cute novelty fabrics that I do love. I sew in a small space and only have a limited amount of storage for fabric.

Our tastes change over time. I want my stash to reflect what I love using.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Whenever I organize my sewing room I can't find anything. I'm hopeless! My cat gets annoyed when he can't find a spot to sleep on- that's how bad my room can get. He gives me a look like "where am I supposed to sleep?" My fabric is fairly organized but it's all the other stuff- rulers, machines etc. I have waaay too much stuff.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM

NO..I swear I don't! Well...I TRY not to....OK...maybe I do...just once in awhile.