Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas >

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Old 11-09-2015, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Texas_Sue View Post
Welcome Tammy.

Just was wondering if you will be going to the "Heart of Texas One Stop Shop Hop"? It's going to be at the Waco Convention Center January 8-9, 2016. I'm hoping to go but will see how things go moneywise. I wasn't able to go last year, but the year before I had a really good time. This year I think there is supposed to be over 40 quilt stores with booths. I hope anyone in the surrounding area will come and try to find some really good sales.

Today is my Mother's 95th birthday so I will be leaving shortly to take her to lunch and have a nice visit with her. She is actually in very good health for her age. Still lives alone, but in a retirement apartment complex. Meals (breakfast and lunch) are included in her rent. That way she is able not to worry to much about having to buy groceries and cook.
Good morning Sue...
Sorry it took so long to get back to you....been busy with other things...no I won't be going to the Waco event..but I do love going to quilt events..would love too but don't see it happening this time.... Hope your mom had a wonderful b-day!!!!!
tammy g
Old 11-10-2015, 05:33 AM

Don't ever feel like you took too long to answer anyone. This is just a place to share and talk to one another. I haven't really been on the board much in the last few days. I keep having so much come up that it never seems that I have time for anything. Hope all are doing well and are able to get some quilting in.

Susan
Old 11-10-2015, 03:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I love my mountains too Tammy, was born with the Blue Mountains in view, a bit west of Sydney. We came here forty years ago to work on the construction of the SnowyHydro scheme.

Mad money ... sure we are just as devious, but I don't know if we have a name for it. Pin money and egg money (just for her) doesn't seem to cover it. Might ask around.

Spring rain again today so look out sewing room, here I come!!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:39 AM

Hi, Mary B. I completely agree with you about rainy days being perfect sewing days. It just seems so peaceful and I really tend to get more done on those kinds of days. Just to let you know I will be sending out a private message to all who have replied and we may be able to set up a private e-mail list to have as a group. I have someone helping me so I'm hoping it will be a great group you can come to for friendship and info sharing.

More later,
Susan
Old 11-12-2015, 03:12 PM

Hey Susan, how is the HQ16 coming along??? Are you practicing or just talking to it?
I was supposed to be working in my room today and got several phone calls from 2 new quilters I've been mentoring that got together, so I had to run help/ rescue them........so much for getting my stuff done. We had a great time and quite a few laughs, so all in all I don't regret it.
After supper I might be able to get a chance to get my other Ottlight put together and hopefully some things put away. I "have" to find a top my dh brought home about a year ago from someone who wants it quilted on my Gammil..........one of those oh yeah my wife can do that with out asking me what my schedule is. This top has been sitting in a cupboard for 30 years or longer. Sheeeeesh, will men never learn?
Old 11-13-2015, 10:22 PM

Well, I guess that I'm just talking to the Sweet 16 lately as I have unburied her. I have finished the quilt top that I'm going to do on her so I am making slow progress. I have all borders on. Now will get the backing together and pressed and get the quilt sandwich ready to go. I am not a very fast person to say the least. But I will get there.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:07 PM

Default Looking for a quilting buddy.--

Hi, I would enjoy being your buddie! Have been quilting about 10 yrs.,but wish I were further along. Seems it takes a lot of time to still keep up the house, cook, ect, ect.
I enjoy most all kinds of quilting, but don't do machine except for straight lines.
Drop me a line when you have a minute!@
Mariah
Old 12-02-2015, 01:08 PM

Default Looking for a quilting buddy.--

Hi, I would enjoy being your buddie! Have been quilting about 10 yrs.,but wish I were further along. Seems it takes a lot of time to still keep up the house, cook, ect, ect.
I enjoy most all kinds of quilting, but don't do machine except for straight lines.
Drop me a line when you have a minute!@

Mariah

I am in SEast Kansas.