Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas >

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Old 11-02-2015, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Snipsnscraps View Post
Hi Susan and Nanette,
I'm in College Station. Nice to meet you both. I have a Janome and am a beginner/intermediate. Love thirties prints and am hoping to begin taking a class based on the Farm Girl Vintage book that's being offered at our local quilt shop. Hello to everyone else in Texas and other states/places.
Have any of you gone to the Quilt Show in Houston this week?
Lynn
I did. I wasn't feeling well, but a friend of mine from Oregon was here so I went down to meet up with her. It was great as usual.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:05 PM

Hello everyone, Bright sunny Spring day here. Housework during the morning and then off to the sewing machine this afternoon. What are you all working on? Susan, what kind of paper piecing are you doing? I do a lot of EPP (hexagons mainly), always like to have something to do with my hands when travelling.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:33 PM

Good evening to all. Went to the first day of applique off the block class. Will complete tomorrow. Nancy Amidon is the teacher - she's great. She said she would be doing mostly demo's tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that!

Mary B - I do machine paper piecing. Right now I'm working on Scrappy Sail Boats more the style for a boy's donation quilt. It takes me a long time to get each block made. So far Quilt Pro has about 12 - 15 free block patterns for these this year. I've downloaded them and take them with me to Paper Piecing Club sew days. It takes place at my LQS about once a month sometimes less.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week, but I should be back more on schedule on Thursday.

Will check in again tomorrow - Thanks for all of your intros, comments and sharing of your interest in quilts!

Susan
Old 11-04-2015, 12:20 AM

Hi Sue,

That applique class sounds awesome! I had a quick look at Nancy Amidon's web page, what gorgeous work. I really envy you. Keep me up-to-date won't you.

I haven't done a lot of machine paper piecing but what I did do I really liked. My friend, Chris, did a Storm at Sea that way and it was absolutely stunning. Another friend is hand piecing her Storm at Sea and its coming along beautifully. Snap! I'm up to little boats in my FMQ class with Lori Kennedy - only 'doodling' them so far though and haven't started the machine sample as yet.

Happy quilting,
Cheers, Mary
Old 11-04-2015, 04:07 AM

Mary I know you are going to have a ball at your class. I really need to finish up my workroom and get back to at least doodle practice on my Sweet Sixteen. I'm itchin to get stitchin. Classes are fun but my projects are here at home! Have a great day.

Susan
Old 11-04-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by nme1974 View Post
Susan...I'm in Temple, TX, right off of I-35 (between Waco and Austin). I started quilting a couple of years ago and made a few quilts then my sewing machine quit on me. Finally got a new one and don't have many hours on it yet, just haven't gotten back into the swing of it. I have lots of fabric....yardage, precuts, kits, patterns I want to make, etc. No friends here...we moved here about 1-1/2 yrs ago and I don't know anyone. Caregiver for my 87 year old dad with Alzheimer's...that keeps me pretty busy.
Well we are really close neighbors.... I'm in Killeen... right down the road from you...
Old 11-04-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Texas_Sue View Post
Hi, I'm just looking for another quilter to stay in touch with for quilting inspiration. I would enjoy talking about projects, new or ongoing and just share experiences and expertise or questions with.

I'm in North Central Texas, retired and 64 y/o. If you are interested I would love to hear from you. PM or just here online.

Thanks,
Susan in Texas
I'm in Killeen.... the heart of Texas...between Waco and Austin....
Old 11-04-2015, 02:16 PM

Hello Tammy, I'm in the Snowy Mountains area in NSW Australia - definitely not a close neighbour (hee hee hee).
Old 11-05-2015, 06:28 AM

Welcome Tammy.

Just was wondering if you will be going to the "Heart of Texas One Stop Shop Hop"? It's going to be at the Waco Convention Center January 8-9, 2016. I'm hoping to go but will see how things go moneywise. I wasn't able to go last year, but the year before I had a really good time. This year I think there is supposed to be over 40 quilt stores with booths. I hope anyone in the surrounding area will come and try to find some really good sales.

Today is my Mother's 95th birthday so I will be leaving shortly to take her to lunch and have a nice visit with her. She is actually in very good health for her age. Still lives alone, but in a retirement apartment complex. Meals (breakfast and lunch) are included in her rent. That way she is able not to worry to much about having to buy groceries and cook.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:17 PM

Happy Birthday to your Mum, Sue. How lovely that she is still so well and can enjoy a reasonably independent life Hope you both enjoy lunch and your time together.

I'm just home from craft group and then we are off to our local Farmers Market and other shopping places to do our weekly forage.

Cheers, everyone.