Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas >

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Old 11-06-2015, 03:51 AM

Mary, Sounds like you are a very busy woman. Since retirement it has been a big adjustment to me. I was used to getting up at 3:30 a.m. to do everything necessary to get to work by 6:00 a.m. but I did get off by 3:00 p.m. Was able to miss the traffic and have time to do things I wanted to in the evenings. Sometime (not often) I miss the routine. However, I would not change anything. I am able to see my only granddaughter after day care and that is such a reward getting to watch her change as she grows up. She will be 4 in February. Can't believe it.

More cleaning in the workroom, but I do plan on getting a little bit of sewing done also.

Hope all have a very fine day.

Susan
Old 11-06-2015, 04:51 AM

Hi there. I am curious... what exactly is Lewy Body Dementia? I've never heard of. My 90 yr old Mom is in nursing home & her dementia has turned into Alzimers. She lived w/ me for 3 yrs & been in home 5 yrs. Poor soul can't remember any family members & is hard of hearing. I go to see her every 2 days or so. I tell people it's hard to carry a conversion with someone who can't hear & doesn't know who your talking about. I'm the oldest (only girl) w/ 3 brothers, all living 1.5 hrs + away. Mom has 4 DGKs & 10 DGGKs.
It's great to see all the Texas gals!!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:11 AM

Welcome, welcome, fellow Texan!! We are really close neighbors! I live in Haltom City. Hi to gals all around me. I have a DB & DSIL that live outside of Temple. This forum is great! I love to read posts, look at pics, ask ?, post pics, join groups (have been in mthly swap for 2 yrs). I love, love, love to PP!!!
Maggie77802 - a list of us Texas gals would be great...
Texas is a big state, so there was/is bound to be lots of posts! Love to read about other gals w/ same interests. I would rather be at my computer or sewing machine than do housework!!! Have been telling myself "You do not need to buy any more fabric!!!" So far been I've been good (except when I find a great, great deal).
My avatar is of of my 7 DGKs....
Old 11-06-2015, 02:55 PM

I did shopping therapy this afternoon. We have a marvelous husband and wife shop here that sells upholstery fabric and quilting supplies. I was in Sams Club and lost my mad money wallet!!!!! I know I had over $35 in there.........checked at the service desk, left my number but I don't think anyone will turn it in......my faith in humanity has wained. So why did I go shopping After I lost my money????? Well, duhhhhhhh, it made ME feel better. LOL
I really need to start paying attention to what I'm doing. I hope this isn't the beginning of oldheimers......they say if you worry about it then you don't have it.

Hopefully I will get some things put away and start some projects for Christmas this weekend.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 PM

Jennifer, So sorry about the lost wallet. We try to do something good like saving cash for our mad money then this happens. I have tried to move around things in my workshop - on days like today it just feels hopeless. However, I did make a dent and hope to go after it again very soon because I have a lot of sewing to get done.

Susan
Old 11-07-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Texas_Sue View Post
Jennifer, So sorry about the lost wallet. We try to do something good like saving cash for our mad money then this happens. I have tried to move around things in my workshop - on days like today it just feels hopeless. However, I did make a dent and hope to go after it again very soon because I have a lot of sewing to get done.

Susan
Thanks Susan........crap happens and life goes on.

Are you working on Christmas gifts??? I need to make a few things but haven't yet set my mind to it or exactly what I want to make. I'm such a procrastinator, it drives me crazy and when I get a jump start on something I then change my mind at the last minute!
Old 11-07-2015, 03:39 PM

Hello Everyone in Texas and elsewhere,
Sunny Sunday morning here in the Snowy Mountains, with a brisk little breeze coming straight from the South Pole without even stopping for a minute on the way to warm itself.

Susan, what did you do pre-retirement, 3.00am sounds horrific to me? I started work at about 9.00am and finished anytime after 3.30pm, two days a week, so I chose all day Tuesdays, half a day each on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Its possible to do that kind of thing in a very small school in a very small village.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you Jennifer, am curious about 'mad money' and how it works.

How's the tidy up job coming along Susan? Even a small dent is better than nothing ... baby steps, baby steps and you'll get there, so they say.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:51 PM

Mary B, mad money is money we have saved or stock piled, usually with out hubbys knowledge, lol, for something we want or think we need.. What do you call it in your country??? Please don't tell me you all don't do anything so deceptive!..........well after thinking about it this is not being deceptive, it's being ___________________ (please put in any positive word here).

Susan I agree with the babysteps on cleaning and rearranging. Some times I set a timer and when it goes off I walk away and go back after a coffee break etc.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom View Post
Mary B, mad money is money we have saved or stock piled, usually with out hubbys knowledge, lol, for something we want or think we need.. What do you call it in your country??? Please don't tell me you all don't do anything so deceptive!..........well after thinking about it this is not being deceptive, it's being ___________________ (please put in any positive word here).

Susan I agree with the babysteps on cleaning and rearranging. Some times I set a timer and when it goes off I walk away and go back after a coffee break etc.
What a wonderful idea, I get so discouraged with things when cleaning out. Not just a sewing room which I am trying to organize, but a whole back room full of boxes and boxes that were in storage. I like the idea, set a timer and walk away when it goes off. Smart cookie, thank you.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnMyra View Post
Hello Tammy, I'm in the Snowy Mountains area in NSW Australia - definitely not a close neighbour (hee hee hee).
Hello QuiltnMyra,
I love the mountains......