Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM

I think I've heard volunteers willing to bring condiments and a pound cake (Cbridges), a turkey, etc (Feathers) a chicken lasagna and Costco muffins (quilttiludrop). These were the things I saw mentioned so you don't have to go back through all the pages! If those volunteers want to bring these items, I say this is great! If the rest of us want to volunteer specifics that would probably help the rest so we know what to bring and not to bring! Keep watching the posts!

I've received checks from two and several more have dropped their checks in the mail. If you told me you were coming, I've counted you in the total. If you're dropping out please let me know (I really hope not!) because that changes the price we need to pay!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I think I've heard volunteers willing to bring condiments and a pound cake (Cbridges), a turkey, etc (Feathers) a chicken lasagna and Costco muffins (quilttiludrop). These were the things I saw mentioned so you don't have to go back through all the pages! If those volunteers want to bring these items, I say this is great! If the rest of us want to volunteer specifics that would probably help the rest so we know what to bring and not to bring! Keep watching the posts!

I've received checks from two and several more have dropped their checks in the mail. If you told me you were coming, I've counted you in the total. If you're dropping out please let me know (I really hope not!) because that changes the price we need to pay!
Yes,I will bring what I said plus coffee.How many are signed up and how many beds are there.Thank you so much for doing this Karen.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM

Fidissimus, so sorry you can't come. We'll miss you this time.

I'll bring a variety of fresh fruits - apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries. Hershey's syrup, sprinkles, and vanilla ice cream too!

Can't wait!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:21 PM

Thanks cbridges and sew cornie!

I have 14 who have indicated that they want to come! Money collected from wine woman, sew cornie, cobalt jars, 2Doods, and of course, myself. I am going to check the mail in just a bit!

There are 6 bedrooms, spaces for 22 which I'm sure means that king and queen beds are meant to be shared! If you aren't interested in sharing a bed and you have an air mattress, by all means bring it along! I personally don't plan to do a lot of sleeping! :)
Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 PM

I have no problems sharing a bed.It would be a pleasure just sleeping with one person instead of a bed hog DH and my dog on top of my feet.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I will reserve the Thursday night as well. Those who can get away are welcome to go then. If you can't get away that early, please join us whatever time on Friday works for you! I have indicated that we might have up to 10 cars so we should be fine if even 2 or 3 of us carpool.
Hi Karen:
Thank you for getting the house for Thursday night as welll as for the rest of the week end. I really appreciate your efforts. Thank you. I'll be there Thursday with bells on my toes ho! ho!

When we go to the beach for my quilt group retreat I've cooked a turkey (at home) and have it all sliced and ready to eat so we can make sandwiches or whatever. I would be willing to do a turkey. I'll also bring mayo, cranberries and bread if people would eat it.

I'll PM you for your address and get the check in the mail tomorrow. I'm hoping a couple of my quilt group ladies can come but when I told them about it at our monthly meeting last Wed. they were non-commital because of a number of things...$$, sick husband (alzheimer's patient and she's the caretaker unless she can get her daughter to come down and stay with him).

I'm so excited! Can't wait.
I love Turkey.I am bringing coffee,creamer and Splenda as well as a pound cake.I can also bring mayo,mustard and ketchup,salt and pepper so we have them and everyone doesn't have to bring them.
\
Thank you, CB . Thank you for bringing the condiments. That'll be great.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:16 PM

Hey Feathers, I'm so glad you're going to join us! I haven't seen you since last year and am hoping that your new hip is serving you well. :D
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 AM

Would anyone like me to bring red wine??!! Feathers I'm so glad you are going-can we fianlly sit on the deck and have a glass together?! 2 Doods would you join me? Anyone else? Lets hope for all sunshine!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Would anyone like me to bring red wine??!! Feathers I'm so glad you are going-can we fianlly sit on the deck and have a glass together?! 2 Doods would you join me? Anyone else? Lets hope for all sunshine!
Well, YEAH. DUH!!! :lol:
Old 04-19-2011, 08:09 AM

Wonderful, will you be able to spend at least one night with us?

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Well, YEAH. DUH!!! :lol: