Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery >
  • Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery

• Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery

Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Cornelia, you are more than welcome to play along or be a pep squad of one. We just like to have fun!!!

You mentioned being ladies of leisure - a few of us are, but I work full time in a prison. Our big secret is our lives don't involve children! At least not in the home, anymore! Patti is busy running 2 farms & Lesley & Elle are taking care of making sure that Great Britain & Europe are doing just fine.

All I do is quilt after work & on weekends. I do spend some time here, very early in the AM & after I'm finished quilting in the evening.
    Old 07-03-2011, 11:20 AM
    Google Goddess

beautiful blocks
    Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Candi...you've tweaked my interest....will we have to wait until after vacation before we get a peek at your sashing fabric??? You know you aren't allowed to tease us like that!! LOL!
    Now Patti, ask and you shall receive, lol. Not a great picture, but it shows how the fabric looks right next to the blocks, I think a finished 1'' sashing between the blocks set on point then maybe a one inch inner border using this fabric. It picks up the metallic in the bobbin work floss really well....can you all tell I like bling? Funny thing is I don't wear gold jewelery, but sure love it in my quilts

:mrgreen:

What do you all think?All the blocks will be set on point.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]220375[/ATTACH]

Ok, here is a closeup too
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]220376[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-220369.jpe   attachment-220370.jpe  
    Old 07-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Cornelia,
    You are very nice to take the time to post these encouraging remarks. Thanks. Do know though that some of us here (OK me ) are way out of our element too...
    Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Yikes! Candi, that is some beautiful fabric for your sashings!!!

I have been busy sewing the first 3 rows of the center unit together. I am so much happier with these redone blocks than I was with the first batch. Am going to LQS on Tuesday to have another try at finding the perfect fabric for the inner border. I saw one AOTH with hot pink batik & was thinking that an aqua might be just the thing. Will have to see. I really like the idea of just a single fabric border & not something that I would need to applique. Was even considering Shark's teeth for the border, then got slapped by common sense that told me - "in THIS lifetime"!!!
    Old 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Beautiful quilt bling Candi.
    Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Yikes! Candi, that is some beautiful fabric for your sashings!!!

I have been busy sewing the first 3 rows of the center unit together. I am so much happier with these redone blocks than I was with the first batch. Am going to LQS on Tuesday to have another try at finding the perfect fabric for the inner border. I saw one AOTH with hot pink batik & was thinking that an aqua might be just the thing. Will have to see. I really like the idea of just a single fabric border & not something that I would need to applique. Was even considering Shark's teeth for the border, then got slapped by common sense that told me - "in THIS lifetime"!!!
    What about Prairie Points? (but with a background?)

Candi, your sashing is looking good - I wonder how many others are going to put their blocks on point?
    Old 07-03-2011, 03:19 PM

Kathy, Decee and Lesley,thanks for the feedback.

Lesley, I am not sure how many are putting all of their blocks on point with no middle section like I am doing, I know Pat and Elle are both setting their center blocks on point, but don't remember anyone else saying they were. I think the blocks lend themselves well to be set on point as well as straight.

Did I tell you ladies how thankful I am that I have stumbled upon your sew-along thread and dared to join? I love challenges and this quilt is sure challenging me but I am enjoying it and hoping by the time I am finished, I'll be an experienced appliquer(is this a word,lol) and bobbin worker :mrgreen: (ok maybe not experienced, but better than when I started, which should be an easy goal as I started with minimal if any experience). So thanks for inviting me and encouraging me to join. And not to put the horse before the cart, but are you ladies planning any future quilt alongs when this is done???? Curious minds want to know :lol: :-D
    Old 07-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Candi! I absolutly LOVE your sashing!!! WOW what great bling :D :D :D

I am planning on putting all of my blocks on point, with maybe a small sashing and a applique border... but plans change, so we will see ;)
    Old 07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
    Power Poster

OOohhhhhh!!!! Thanks for showing off that bling candi! You are a girl after my own heart! (And I DO wear gold jewelry too!) I think that looks fantastic! Great choice!

I think that Judy is putting hers on point as well...she designed some extra blocks kind of like I did. So thats at least 5 of us and funny thing is that we are all doing it differently! So cool, right??

Cornelia, just keep cheering then until you feel like you'd like to play with us...we'd love to have you join in the fun.

Hmmmm...next quilt project??? I don't know..I think Lesley and Kathy and maybe Elle are going for Little Brown Bird.. I'm still not sure that one is for me...but we'll see.