Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope she will help a child with cancer

Blog Entries
    That's precious. So are you!

Pretty dolls, you are an angel to do this for the little girls.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for those replies. I am putting hair on the 3rd little doll whose clothes you saw in the pictures above. This doll will have a combo of braided hair and long hair. I'll try to get front and back pics. After that, its back to the larger type dolls like the ones on the other pages prior to these. Take care and God Bless you and yours.

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    Here is the final 'small' doll

Hope you like it and all the rest of them. Note that the top of the hairdo in the back is plaited.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    OOOPS...Forgot I was wearing my O2 in the latest picture.

Here is doll # 30 for kids with cancer or other dibilitating disease. Two views include her wearing 'pantaloons'....giggling. I need to locate the flip doll bodies and get some more of those done. I hope you will enjoy seeing them. Hugs and God Bless's to you and yours.

This doesn't include the two 12 inch dolls or one of the boy dolls recently finished and posted. Guess that makes 33. I lose count.

Vickey Stamps

Vickey, your dolls are wonderful and will make some child feel so loved. Thanks for showing us.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I made two 12 inch dolls that may be somewhere on here, if not they are in another of my topics. I started a new one after church today. HOpe they help a child. Hugs to you and yours and thanks for replying to my posting of the dolls.

Blog Entries
    Just tonight finished up doll number 34. Have attached the nightgown view as well as the dress view of this 'flip' doll. She is 21 inches high. Will ty to attach a picture .

You make such cute dolls.

Blog Entries
    thanks for that compliment. I try as hard as I can to make these dolls as special as I can, for the sake of the child who will hold one in their arms and hopefully find comfort.

The story behind the trim on this particular one is thast last month an 80 year old lady e-mail friend made it upstairs to her hobby room, while ill to pack up two boxes full of special trims for me to have for my dolls. Many woman have stepped forth to send me lots of fabric and trim and I am grateful for their caring.

It is now just my labor to get the dolls done.

My hubby and I got caught in a freezing storm in your state on our way to see kids that once lived in that state. We had to stop overnight and even the water in our radiator of the truck froze. WOW Brought back memories seeing where you live. giggling

Bless you Vicky, you are making a wonderful gift for these suffering children. I can just imagin how they love them and talk to them. I made dolls for many years and sold them at craft fairs. The kids loved them better than cabbage patch. I am going to check with our treatment center to see if they do this here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
    Bless you Vicky, you are making a wonderful gift for these suffering children. I can just imagin how they love them and talk to them. I made dolls for many years and sold them at craft fairs. The kids loved them better than cabbage patch. I am going to check with our treatment center to see if they do this here.
    I bet the dolls were cute that you made. I put as much love into making these dolls as I can, even praying as I work, that they will comfort children in need, whatever that need is. Thanks for your reply.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
    Quote Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
    I bet the dolls were cute that you made. I put as much love into making these dolls as I can, even praying as I work, that they will comfort children in need, whatever that need is. Thanks for your reply.
    For some reason, I almost immediately made another doll for a child with cancer anf finished it early this afternoon. I had my hubby take a picture of it so I could post it here. In the meantime, I took the picture and sent it to a Christian forum, which I had never posted a pic of my dolls pn before. Within moments a lady wrote me asking if I would sell her my doll. She had a 2 year old cousin who is so sick she looks 7 months old. She gets trasnfusions every 3 weeks, and IF she lives to be 3 years old will need a new heart and liver. She wanted to buy the doll as a surprise for this little girl. Hubby and I talked it over and decided the little girl named Georgia needed that doll I just finished, so as soon as I get the address, we will get the doll boxed up and mailed off to her, hoping that it will bring comfort to her life. I for one will be praying for all concerned in this little ones life and her as well. I jsut wanted to share the story and with the pictures, you will now have the REST OF THE STORY.

Thank you. This is a two in one flip doll...2 heads and 4 arms. Enjoy her picture. She is about 21 inches tall.

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    forgot to say that on the edge of the skirt, the trim says HOME SWEET HOME, all the way around

Blog Entries
    forgot to say that on the edge of the skirt, the trim says HOME SWEET HOME, all the way around

Blog Entries
    below are pictures of a non-cancer child who will receive her doll via UPS that I made. Her name is Georgia Vaughn and she lives in Carolina. She is almost 3 years old with the body of a 7 month old. She is in need of a new heart and liver.

Blog Entries
    below are pictures of a non-cancer child who will receive her doll via UPS that I made. Her name is Georgia Vaughn and she lives in Carolina. She is almost 3 years old with the body of a 7 year old. She is in need of a new heart and liver.
    Below are the two most recent dolls to be released to the American Cancer Society. The one is of the two dolls in their dresses, and one of the two dolls in their nightgowns. I hope the pictures are enjoyed. The butterlies on the one nightgown were fused using Steam A Seam 2 then hand stitched with a blanket stitch.

Blog Entries
    see above pictures of little Georgia Vaugh. Below is the picture of her with her doll that she calls SIS. She can hardly talk, swallow or walk.

Vickey S.

Blog Entries
    Georgia needs a new heart and liver and gets blood transfusions every 3 months minimum

Vickey S.

Truly a wonderful thing you are doing!
    Kirsten

Blog Entries
    You sure are a sweetheart. Kudos!

Keep sewing Vickey, it keeps you young and brightens a little girl's days. Cute dolls.

Blog Entries
    thanks for all those replies. I am told Georgia is unable to 'really bold onto anything' but seems comforted to have it near her. By the way, those who don't know, I am 70 years old, have empyhema and am a retired nurse and writer. Gotta keep on keeping on and do what I can do. I never could find a reason not to be doing something, unless I was to sick to do more than rest.

Vickey

Power Poster
    I love her smile.
    Sending you warm fuzzies for being so kind!
    She is precious!

Blog Entries
    It touched our hearts to get the picture on-line and be given permission to share it.

Thanks

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast