Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I hope she will help a child with cancer >

I hope she will help a child with cancer

I hope she will help a child with cancer

Old 08-15-2010, 08:11 PM

Okay Dokay...last doll I'll do for a few days. 12 hours yesterday and the same today, but got two done for those children with cancer. I hope you will enjoy the posting of this. It is doll # 15 so far that I have made. I'll be delivering them to the cancer office tomorrow, since I didn't make it to church today, where the ACS manager teaches childrens church.

Hugs to all

Vickey Stamps
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97835.jpe   attachment-97836.jpe  
Old 08-15-2010, 09:42 PM

:-(

forgot to tell you that the very first doll on this topic and with a July date of posting, has been given by the ACS to a little girl with cancer. I do not know either name nor details, only that the manager of our small town office had a child for the doll.

Hope this little one makes it safely through and the doll comforts her. I am so glad I got it there so it could be given to her. Thanks to all of you that are helping.

Vickey Stamps
Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Oh my isn't she just beautiful. Great job Vickey....
Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 AM

AN UPDATE OF MONDAY MORNING 8/16/10

The 4 dolls are now down at our small Crescent City ACS, where they will remain until in need of their new home. The most recent one before these three has been given to an eight year old named Maggie. Her parents are taking an apartment in San Francisco, CA to be with their daughter as she will be requiring eight months of cancer treatment. I pray she will survive the ordeal. This info came from the ACS office manager when I delivered the dolls this morning.

Thanks again to all of you for what you do. They are in need of a few more chemo caps, especially for adults, so I may try to make a few more of them, before the next doll. They only take about an hour or less to do per cap.

Vickey Stamps
Old 08-16-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
AN UPDATE OF MONDAY MORNING 8/16/10

The 4 dolls are now down at our small Crescent City ACS, where they will remain until in need of their new home. The most recent one before these three has been given to an eight year old named Maggie. Her parents are taking an apartment in San Francisco, CA to be with their daughter as she will be requiring eight months of cancer treatment. I pray she will survive the ordeal. This info came from the ACS office manager when I delivered the dolls this morning.

Another update

Thanks again to all of you for what you do. They are in need of a few more chemo caps, especially for adults, so I may try to make a few more of them, before the next doll. They only take about an hour or less to do per cap.

Vickey Stamps

Final update of the day: I have spent the afternoon cutting out 16 doll bodys. (5 will be boy dolls), and I have 4 girl bodys already sewn and ready for stuffing, plus one
girl doll stuffed and ready for the dresses. As I have mentioned, four dolls were delivered, so thanks for bearing with me, as progress is indeed being made. The little girls (and boys) will have a total of 21 more dolls in the future to 'bring to life' to fit into their arms. God is good. I figured on 20 and got 25, counting the 4 that went out today. Thanks to you all. It will be a few days before I do a doll. I am tired tonight, but as I say....my tireness is nothing compared to what the children go through. I think I will start a pair of socks for me, as I find that relaxing...then back to the sewing machine in 3 days or so.

Vickey Stamps

Hugs to all of you and to yours.

Vickey Stamps
Old 08-20-2010, 06:23 PM

For those who keep checking this topic...as I said I delivered 4 dolls to the ACS, and needed to take a short break. I knitted 1 simple sock with one to go, then found the ACS is in need of Chemo caps, so today cut out 7 adult and 2 youth caps. I am going to finish them all up tomorrow, then the remaining sock for a daughter. I got 2 youth ones finished and 3 adult caps today, before deciding to take it easy for a bit.

Last night I heard from one of the quilters on the board who has a daughter with terminal cancer, so made her a couple adult chemo caps plus had one undelivered one on hand, and got them in the mail today. In another couple of days, will try to get a couple dresses made for the one doll stuffed, and then will be able to stuff 6 more dolls with stuffing I picked up two days ago.

Hope all this isn't clear as mud. Hope all out there are hanging onto their health and enjoying life to the fullest. Talk to you all later. :D

Vickey Stamps
Old 08-21-2010, 04:00 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Thanks for the update. And thanks for all the work you do from your heart for the ones stricken with cancer.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Thanks for the update. And thanks for all the work you do from your heart for the ones stricken with cancer.
I am glad I am able to do that, as well as know how to do a few other things that keep me occupied. It is very difficult for me to be idle, so am happy to be busy.

For 'Pete's Sake' I fell asleep after tossing and turning for a couple hours last night. I had been thinking on the dolls and how I was going to get all of them done, that are ready for sewing and stuffing! ggl.

I wish I were a couple dozen people and could fill a warehouse up with the dolls and caps for those in need. I wouldn't mind giving them to other children with devestating illnesses, if I got ahead of what was needed in my county and the adjoining one of Humboldt.

Vickey Stamps
Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM

WHEW and double WHEW!!!

Today I cut out 8 dresses for 4 more dolls, and picked out trims, etc. Tonight or tomorrow, I will be stuffing 3 more dolls to go with the one already stuffed, so by this time next week, and maybe sooner, 4 more dolls will be taken to the ACS to find a home.

I'll post them as they 'come to life'. Thanks for hanging in here with me, and.....STAY TUNED.

as Paul Harvey would have said FOR THE REST OF THE STORY!

Vickey Stamps
Old 08-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Cute