Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope she will help a child with cancer

The dolls are adorable. What a kind and generous thing to do.
    No matter how tough life is, it sure beats the alternative.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...26548a24e6.png

Blog Entries
    Hello............I make scrappy quilts and have shown some on the this site. Several have asked me how I have come by so many scraps..... I know how fulfilling this project is for you because I also work with an Arkansas ministry that make caps for women and children who have lost their hair because of cancer treatments and the caps are shipped to hospitals and cancer centers all over our country and given free of charge and with lots of love and prayers. To date about 40,000 have been made. (More info on Care Cap Connection can seen on the internet.)(See my threads)
    Anyone who sews with this projects can take as many scraps as they what (hence, my scrappy quilts). Many say what a great and nice person I am for doing the sewing for this ministry, but as you and I know, it is we who receive the blessing! God bless..............Linda

Blog Entries
    I've seen your work posted before. This is just fabulous. Since the new website, I didn't keep all the pms, so if you will send me your address in a pm, I'll donate some things for your dolls, too.

That is awesome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bubble951 View Post
    Hello............I make scrappy quilts and have shown some on the this site. Several have asked me how I have come by so many scraps..... I know how fulfilling this project is for you because I also work with an Arkansas ministry that make caps for women and children who have lost their hair because of cancer treatments and the caps are shipped to hospitals and cancer centers all over our country and given free of charge and with lots of love and prayers. To date about 40,000 have been made. (More info on Care Cap Connection can seen on the internet.)(See my threads)
    Anyone who sews with this projects can take as many scraps as they what (hence, my scrappy quilts). Many say what a great and nice person I am for doing the sewing for this ministry, but as you and I know, it is we who receive the blessing! God bless..............Linda

It is indeed we who get the blessings. Wish I could find some spare time somewhere, but with what I do and my health, it seems impossible. Crazy quilts for the dolls would be great for the children to have for their dolls. Maybe someday?? Thanks for your reply

Dear Vickey , your story touches my heart! If you want some fabrics like for the dresses or what ever please e-mail me what you need..I will look thru my stash and see what I can donate..What a wonderful thing you are doing ...Candy

Blog Entries
    That lucky doll will be hugged so many times, thank you for doing that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysuds View Post
    Dear Vickey , your story touches my heart! If you want some fabrics like for the dresses or what ever please e-mail me what you need..I will look thru my stash and see what I can donate..What a wonderful thing you are doing ...Candy

if you happen to have a yard and a half of white fabric for a nightgown, that is what I am most in need of right now...even a used nice white sheet will make two or three nightgowns if they are in pretty good shape. I've used them before. That is what I need the most, if you can spare it. Thanks for anything you can do to help. It is always appreciated.
    Last edited by littlehud; 01-15-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    thanks so much for the great replies and offers to help. If you will email me at:
    [email protected]
    I will send you a picture of the last 6 dolls I just got done. I don't know how to post them on this new forum now.

Vickey Stamps

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Vickie!!!!! I have lost track of this thread, so glad it is back up. I have so missed seeing your dolls, I will e-mail you as I would love to see the latest ones. I have a box that will soon be ready to head your way.....Hope you had a wonderful holiday.....
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
    Vickie!!!!! I have lost track of this thread, so glad it is back up. I have so missed seeing your dolls, I will e-mail you as I would love to see the latest ones. I have a box that will soon be ready to head your way.....Hope you had a wonderful holiday.....

It was quiet and nice...family so far away, so just enjoyed it and then got back to more dolls. Wasn't able to tell you I was selected LOCALLY for a recognizition of achievement by the Soroptimist club, which may or may not carry a monetary award (up to $300) with it. I get the certificate at an awards lunch at a local place March the 13th, and if you send me an e-mail, then I can tell you how it goes. I feel honored for sure. When I get the e-mail, I will show you the latest 6 dolls. I'm trying to get dresses made ahead....seems faster when the dresses are ready. I'm having a problem on internet overusing data and ending up with extra charges we can't really afford, so am trying for next 2 days to limit myself to no more then 3 one hour segments. I'll get on again around 2 or 3 to check e-mails again. I'm going to call the company, as we just got a 4G Mi-Fi modum that works everywhere, bu is causing unexpected charges. We may have to return it and find something more approbriate. Anyway, will get a picture sent your way. Hugs to you and yours and thanks for all you do. Vickey (Glad you found my link again. I wish I could post pics of the new dolls here, but as I said, I don't know how to do it with this newer look.)

Blog Entries

12 more dolls....

I will be starting a new topic which hopefully will show the new dolls as they are being produced. For some reason I cannot figure out how to add more pictures here, of the dolls I make for sick kids, so I will try to do a 'new topic or post' so those of you who are following the doll pathway, will still be able to see them. The first page of the new postings showing 12 dolls will link back to this page, if I am successful.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support I've received so I've been able to continue on with them. These make a total of 79 (counting one that came in a kit type package) and I hope to get 100 total as a minimum of dolls I have so far made....before the year is out.

God Bless you all and hope you will find the new topic and get to see the latest dolls. I made so many in such a short time, that my hands (fingers) are super sore....so will deliver these 12 and take a short break...restart sometime in February.

Again...thanks for your support.

Vickey Stamps

Super Member Damsel in DisDress's Avatar
    I also moved by your kindness, you have made those little girls very happy! God Bless you!!

Senior Member Rosie the "Ripper"'s Avatar
    What a wonderful thing you are doing! Please send me your address and I will mail you some material and lace.
    Rosie the "ripper"

Blog Entries

8 homeless cloth dolls

These 8 dolls are crowded up on the bed of our spare bedroom. They are waiting for a VERY VERY VERY sick child to become someone they can love and comfort. These of dolls 83 to 90 so far. I hope you like seeing them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    hope ladysuds you got my reply. Sometimes I have problems sending PMs for some reason..could it be an age thing? ggl

Blog Entries

cajun

Hi friend....tried to e-mail you. (or was it a PM) gosh...slept since then. Hugs and hoping you and yours are doing well.

Vickey

what a great gift
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

You are doing such a great thing or the kids. God bless you.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your replies. I am glad you like seeing the dolls, and I hope and pray they will be hugged and loved by each child that gets one.

Vickey

Blog Entries
    Rosie...hope you got my PM

It is so kind of you to create these dolls to children with cancer. I know each and every one is loved and appreciated. Surely you are one of the angels here on earth.

that is kind of you ,you do fantastis work
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Sweet doll!

I love all your dollies! The one with the Jesus Loves Me ribbon on the bottom skirt is my favorite. You rock!!! I believe you will hear our Lord say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." May God bless you and keep you, may his face shine upon and give you peace..."
    Just PM me and I will be honored to help with materials.
    Last edited by quiltjoey; 02-28-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast