Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Latest quilt, for a friend >

Latest quilt, for a friend

Latest quilt, for a friend

Old 02-24-2011, 01:00 AM

It's gorgeous. Give her time to get used to such a gift. It may "grow on her" and she will love it. Maybe she doesn't know what to do with a quilt...
Old 02-24-2011, 04:54 AM

Lovely....I've been a hand-quilter for over 30 years and am just being to fmq....any tips or pointers you've learned along the way? Thanks....I love you photos....
Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 AM

I think it is hard for non sewers or non quilters to appreciate the time and thought and money that a beautiful quilt has invested in it. Some people equate them with a blanket from WalMart. Bless you for giving and loving.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. I hope that some day she will thank you properly. My SIL has still not acknowledged the hand-made ornaments and quilted table runner that I sent her for Christmas. I know she got the box because her husband thanked me for his gift. Just chalk it up.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Sorry noticed your new questions about different items that you had posted on the board.
1. This quilt is very pretty. Maybe to loud for the friend to really appreaciate the gift. It is well done. The love you sewed into it may or may not find her heart. My "HUGS" to you. A friend who sews with love and heart are hard to find. I will "Thank you" for your friend. She may jsut be overwhelmed by her life.
2. I loved the quilt you sewed for "Alfie" (hope I spelled that right) Was just adorable.
3. The wedding quilt you did for your husbands cousin was "Exceptional" I am always impressed by the little blocks. As my mom does them but I have not the patience for them. At least not at this time in my life.
4. The teachers gifts and the Thanksgiving Table runner are both well done and I would personally like the pattern you used for the leaf you used to applique.
5. We all are so busy with our own agenda. I can't imagine anyone intentionally hurting your feelings.
In my own defense I lost my net not long ago because I am unemployed again. Construction sucks at times. Anyway.
I love your work. Its Beautiful. Please keep sharing. -waves- Hugs. Thanks Sandra aka sadheart
Old 02-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Beautiful !!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:49 PM

Love the colors
Old 02-27-2011, 02:23 PM

I would not stop doing quilts for friends. I make everything to give away, and most people gush when they receive my quilts. Some don't even thank me. But i get sao much joy out of making and giving, I will keep doing it as long as I am able. Sorry about your experience
Old 02-27-2011, 02:52 PM

That quilt is awesome and I mean it! Fabulous with those colors!!! I can understand how you feel. I gave a quilt for a 25th wedding anniversary and never got a thank you.
My mom wanted the very first quilt I made which fit her full size bed in her spare bedroom. That lasted about two weeks and has been in her closet ever since 2002. She also never tells people I quilt! Weird! I keep quilting though because I love it and I would never consider giving her a quilt again. My dad always compliments my quilts, more so when she's not around.
Your friend my realize what a gem she has when she gets home and begins to use her quilt.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 PM

Your quilt is to beautiful ! probally caught her by surprise,and didn't know what to say,
But I'm sure she will express more to you later, well
I hope so. You did a fabulous job on the quilt !!!