Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by JanieW
    It's so good to see so many of us doing this. Can't wait to see more pictures. Here's my March. I changed the stems as I love applique and wanted them curved so I made my own bias.

Only 20 days til April.

:P
    Wow! Great job! yours is looking fabulous already! I still haven't done February yet....too many irons in the fire at this time, but will get it done maybe next week and I'll post mine as well!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Smiling, Your blocks look lovely! I have them all cut out... hopefully mine will come out as nice :)

Blog Entries
    It's so good to see so many of us doing this. Can't wait to see more pictures. Here's my March. I changed the stems as I love applique and wanted them curved so I made my own bias.

Only 20 days til April.

:P
    Opps, forgot to do the quote.. nice work :)

Banned
    Sharon, how are the snowflakes coming? Your pictures above where they are cut out look right on!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Sharon, how are the snowflakes coming? Your pictures above where they are cut out look right on!!!
    Hi BK , I am going to sew that one and see how it goes. I keep thinking of the tiny little specs! but it seems everyone is getting them made without much worry! so guessing I will too!

Everything looks so wonderful.....YIPPEE!!!! I am alrady longing for April 1st!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Everything looks so wonderful.....YIPPEE!!!! I am alrady longing for April 1st!!!!!
    lol I am not pushing for April yet! lol still on January! oh by the way , I just got one pkg today, the lighthouse set. :) So figure the next will follow tomorrow maybe...

Bill,
    If you have nothing else to do, then stop on by and help me with my February and March! then you can help me tackle other projects as well! ;-)
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks.
    roseOfsharon,

If I can give you a bit advice for the snowflakes, use spray starch on those triangles before you sew. I hate doing HSTs of any size and those little ones were daunting. I am a really stubborn person and decided I would do them. I found they were easier to work with when the fabric was fairly stiff from the starch. Also use leaders before you chain sew them so the machine won't eat the triangles as easily.

Mine aren't perfect but they are satisfactory. You can do it.

Me too, Bill for so many reasons.

We are going to Paris in April so it can't get here fast enough!

I also haven't been able to guess what April's row will be and I love surprises.

Looking forward to seeing roseOfsharon's snowflakes.

Me too, Bill for so many reasons.

We are going to Paris in April so it can't get here fast enough!

I also haven't been able to guess what April's row will be and I love surprises.

Looking forward to seeing roseOfsharon's snowflakes.
    Oh How wonderful, Paris is April is so beautiful....that's when I went 3 yrs ago..... oh take me with you! I'd love to go back! You'll enjoy your trip for sure! I'm working on a French quilt (BOM), so check out the quilt scene in France while you're there! They are amazing quilters!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    I'm working on a French quilt (BOM), They are amazing quilters!
    MaryAnna

:roll:
    Ohhh... inquiring minds ... you know what ... :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by ligia
    I'm working on a French quilt (BOM), They are amazing quilters!
    MaryAnna

:roll:
    Ohhh... inquiring minds ... you know what ... :mrgreen:
    Hey ligia!
    The quilt is called Le Jardin using Rouenneries by French General from Moda fabric, the BOM can be purchased from The Thrifty Needle or Quilter's Shop, both are dot.com stores online. www.thethriftyneedle.com is a little cheaper for the BOM. There's plenty of applique involved with this one and applique is new to me, so it's challenging. It's just so...oh la la French!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries

The quilt is called Le Jardin using Rouenneries by French General from Moda fabric,
    Thanks! The quilt is gorgeous.
    Last year I downloaded Bunny Hills free BOM , only 3 blocks are done. Its my very cute UFO ... :XD:

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for your kind remarks.
    roseOfsharon,

If I can give you a bit advice for the snowflakes, use spray starch on those triangles before you sew. I hate doing HSTs of any size and those little ones were daunting. I am a really stubborn person and decided I would do them. I found they were easier to work with when the fabric was fairly stiff from the starch. Also use leaders before you chain sew them so the machine won't eat the triangles as easily.

Mine aren't perfect but they are satisfactory. You can do it.

I will do that Janie, I did spray the ones in my layout.. I intend to sew in a few minutes and hope to get them finished today! Thanks for the tip and encouragement :)

MaryAnna.
    Sure come on along! We are going on our own, no tour so it will be an adventure for sure.

I loved your BOM. That is truly gorgeous fabric. I will have to save my Euros in case I come across something similar there. We'll have to live on ketchup soup for the next month so I can have Euros for fabric! :)

Off to research quilt shops in Paris!

RoseofSharon, good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Blog Entries
    MaryAnna.
    Sure come on along! We are going on our own, no tour so it will be an adventure for sure.

I loved your BOM. That is truly gorgeous fabric. I will have to save my Euros in case I come across something similar there. We'll have to live on ketchup soup for the next month so I can have Euros for fabric! :)

Off to research quilt shops in Paris!

RoseofSharon, good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.
    Oh do have a wonderful time in Paris! woot! I have not gotten the shamrock under my belt! I just cannot seem to wrap my sewing machine around it LOL I did go ahead and do the hearts and started the shamrocks today. They seem simple compared to the snowflakes!

I will look forward to hearing all about your adventures in Paris.. Have fun.

Sharon

JanieW,,,,
    Have a wonderful trip...are you going outside of Paris....I have a friend, Vero, who owns the most magnificent quilt shop in Fontagny.......it's called BORN TO QUILT

www.borntoquilt.fr

If you do get that way - tell her I am sending big hugs....

Everyone else - so exciting to see everyone moving along on the rows..YIPPEE!!! We'll have a new row to add in about 2 weeks.....

Blog Entries
    Woot! well I have struggled and ripped out and gave up on the snowflake... went ahead and made February and March blocks.... But... I was not giving up on Janurary, sooooooo I looked over the pattern directions and still felt it just is too small to work with lol.. so I decided to cut the blues lt, and dk but not cut them twice diagonally. Doing so, I sewed the blues together right sides together down the center of the triangle and then cut the 1/4" walla I had the shape and sewn.. then sewed it to the white triangle. Wow, am I happy to say I have ONE made :) and it is just fine in my eyes.. (beginner here) Here is a picture of it!

Snowflake #1
    Name:  Attachment-9770.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  35.6 KB

Great job! I still haven't started....pulled fabrics, just gotta dive in! Heidi

Blog Entries
    Awesome Sharon! Your pinwheel is beautiful.

Somehow, I started on the hearts. Just need to sew the left side to the right side, then sash them and that row will be done. I'll post a picture when I finish them.

Blog Entries
    Ok , I took pictures of the Hearts and Shamrocks..

Hearts and Shamrocks
    Name:  Attachment-9773.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  44.7 KB

Closer look
    Name:  Attachment-9774.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  55.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heidikins
    Great job! I still haven't started....pulled fabrics, just gotta dive in! Heidi
    Thanks heidi! It has been a trip figuring out the snowflake! Good Luck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x

Somehow, I started on the hearts. Just need to sew the left side to the right side, then sash them and that row will be done. I'll post a picture when I finish them.
    Smiling! thanks Diane. Look forward to seeing yours. Course I still have 8 more snowflakes to do lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x

Smiling! thanks Diane. Look forward to seeing yours. Course I still have 8 more snowflakes to do lol.
    Here's what I have so far. I want to make some more hearts, then play with the fabrics to see which ones I want duplicates of.

I love how you made your hearts with other than red fabrics! Gives me ideas for some of the other blocks! :D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast