Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Ok , I took pictures of the Hearts and Shamrocks..
    great job.
    Thank you Suzie.. I am now finished the snowflakes! I was having trouble with that pattern! I will post the three months once I get the last background strip cut and sewn the Shamrocks to the Hearts!

Blog Entries
    I wonder what the colors will be for the month of April! and what the design will be... hmmm it is Spring .. April showers... bring May flowers.. never know!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neoma
    Has anyone added a strip between Hearts& Shamrocks?Looks better I think! Opinions please!!!!neoma
    I have not sewn the Hearts and Shamrocks together as well,, but was thinking of using the same strip as between the Snowflakes and Hearts.. I think it would look nice all the down the rows. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Has anyone added a strip between Hearts& Shamrocks?Looks better I think! Opinions please!!!!neoma
    I have not sewn the Hearts and Shamrocks together as well,, but was thinking of using the same strip as between the Snowflakes and Hearts.. I think it would look nice all the down the rows. :)
    Here are RoseOfSharon's: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35845-27.htm

Blog Entries
    *smiles* to quilter7x.. I am just now posting a picture of the three months! Yay! I have done them.. lol snowflakes were my worst enemy! But I was not given up and they are far from perfect but... they are finished! I can only hope that doing larger of the same will be easier!!

Ta Da! lol
    Name:  Attachment-30880.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  57.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Sharon, those look GREAT!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Sharon, those look GREAT!!!!
    Thank you so much BKinCo :) I am totally happy !

i really do have to get caught up

ROSE I REALLY LIKE THE STRIP IN BETWEEN HEARTS AND SHAMROCKS,I HAVE NOT ADDED MINE YET WAS WAITING TO SEE ONE DONE.GREAT JOB...........NEOMA

Blog Entries
    ROSE I REALLY LIKE THE STRIP IN BETWEEN HEARTS AND SHAMROCKS,I HAVE NOT ADDED MINE YET WAS WAITING TO SEE ONE DONE.GREAT JOB...........NEOMA
    Thank you neoma, I think I will add the strip to all the rows , seems to make it more appealing to the eye. :)

Janie,
    I know...I will be away when May come out - I'll be on the beach in Varadero, Cuba..YIPPEEE!!!!!

Sharon,
    I did that - I used the same small strip between each of the rows..I find that I like that better.....but just a note of advice...iron the seams to the small strip..I find that if you do the opposite, it kind of pulls - perhaps becaues the strip is so small...I did it the other way first and then changed...Love the way it turned out...
    OH, your rows look wonderful!!! SUPER!!!!!

Really looking forward to getting April's instructions next week......I am really enjoying this project....

Looks great! Can't wait to see what next month's is. So much fun watching all of you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Janie,
    I know...I will be away when May come out - I'll be on the beach in Varadero, Cuba..YIPPEEE!!!!!

Sharon,
    I did that - I used the same small strip between each of the rows..I find that I like that better.....but just a note of advice...iron the seams to the small strip..I find that if you do the opposite, it kind of pulls - perhaps becaues the strip is so small...I did it the other way first and then changed...Love the way it turned out...
    OH, your rows look wonderful!!! SUPER!!!!!

Really looking forward to getting April's instructions next week......I am really enjoying this project....
    Smiling! Thank you Bill, it means a lot to get positive return of what one does! and I will do the seams as you remarked and see the difference :). Looking forward to April. Have a wonderful trip to the beach in CUBA! wow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    Looks great! Can't wait to see what next month's is. So much fun watching all of you.

Thank you wbdek.. it's been fun for me and a learning experience as well!!

Your welcome. I would love to play and was going to this spring break, but too many other things got in the way.
    So I enjoy watching what all of you are doing.
    I amy make one smaller block of each and make a wall hanging. We'll see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    Your welcome. I would love to play and was going to this spring break, but too many other things got in the way.
    So I enjoy watching what all of you are doing.
    I amy make one smaller block of each and make a wall hanging. We'll see.
    Now that sounds very nice. I am not sure you need to make them smaller as they are about 4 1/2" each , thinking that would be 3 three across and 4 down.. with sashing and a small border would not be that large for a wall hanging>?

wvdek,
    What a wonderful idea....can't wait to see it!!!!!!

Lockeb,I,m in. I believe I can do this one Thanks for the website

WELCOME "letsquilt"....You are nbr. '53' - WOW!!!!

NEW UPDATED LIST - '53' Quilters'

lockeb
    BKinCO
    MollieSue
    Sunkistmi
    SaraSewing
    Chrys
    Amma
    JCLinFL
    Ctmhjenn
    Chewboo
    lnordyke
    neoma
    Quilter7x
    Pineapple Princess
    Pvquilter
    Stichesnstaples
    Zennia
    Karielt
    Rainbow
    JanieW
    ljs317
    Ckelly
    Lillie
    Scrappylouisa
    Fate
    Lisa_Wanna_b_quilter
    QuiltMom
    Catlady
    Mamagus
    Weatheread
    pkrbkr
    Kittenquilts
    KGoodhand
    gaigai
    MaryAnna
    ligia
    sewjoyce
    daisyboo9
    kittygram
    JuneC
    gzuslivz
    TexasGranny
    Quilting Gal
    MelodyLamour
    Quilt Addict
    missgigglewings
    stitchenwitch
    heidikins
    SharonM
    Gerbie
    Rose of Sharon
    SugarPumpkin
    krabadan
    LetsQuilt

Please let me know if there's someone who should be on the list and who isn't - or if I have you on the list and I shouldn't :-)

EVERYONE, IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START...there's just 1 row per month - so we can catch up at any time.....

oh i like that number it makes me younger! lol

Bill,
    Your trip to Cuba sounds interesting! Do tell us about Cuba and I know you'll be checking out the quilt scene there as well. Those of us from the US aren't allowed into Cuba, so this is very intrigeing! Do share your adventure in Cuba, from what I've seen, it's absolutely beautiful and the people are just wonderful!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Yeah, I know I need to get busy on my quilting...much going on in my life right now, but will be quilting by next week. And Hopefully posting pix.

MaryAnna,,
    Cuba is just one of the most beautiful places....Varadero, where I've been twice before, is known to have the most beautiful beaches in the world...they are magnificent with the turquoise ocean...and the people are just the warmest of people.....during the first trip we made friends there....and have been able to enjoy meals with them and their family in their home - it's wonderful to get out to the outside villages rather than just stay put in the resort....get to know the people..see how they live....
    Last year when I was there I picked up a wonderful yo-yo piece at a local market - I think that one day it will be come a part of a wonderful pillow.. Cuba doesn't have a great retail market for things like fabrics and stuff..but I hope that perhaps this time I will be able to come back with some more things that will become a part of some patchwork creations..I would like to find some pieces there perhaps......
    For Americans, it's actuall not illegal for you to visit Cuba..but you're not allowed to spend any money there :-)..Which makes things a bit complicated..but I understand that there's quite a few Amerians that visit each year anyways..I saw a website on that somewhere - will try to find the link...
    If you google Varadero, Cuba, you will find the town where I'll be for the 2 weeks...1 week I will be at the BLAU VARADERO resort, the other week at the MELIA LAS AMERICAS
    resort.....you can actually see more about Cuba, Varadero and the resorts on Tripadvisor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    MaryAnna,,
    Cuba is just one of the most beautiful places....Varadero, where I've been twice before, is known to have the most beautiful beaches in the world...they are magnificent with the turquoise ocean...and the people are just the warmest of people.....during the first trip we made friends there....and have been able to enjoy meals with them and their family in their home - it's wonderful to get out to the outside villages rather than just stay put in the resort....get to know the people..see how they live....
    Last year when I was there I picked up a wonderful yo-yo piece at a local market - I think that one day it will be come a part of a wonderful pillow.. Cuba doesn't have a great retail market for things like fabrics and stuff..but I hope that perhaps this time I will be able to come back with some more things that will become a part of some patchwork creations..I would like to find some pieces there perhaps......
    For Americans, it's actuall not illegal for you to visit Cuba..but you're not allowed to spend any money there :-)..Which makes things a bit complicated..but I understand that there's quite a few Amerians that visit each year anyways..I saw a website on that somewhere - will try to find the link...
    If you google Varadero, Cuba, you will find the town where I'll be for the 2 weeks...1 week I will be at the BLAU VARADERO resort, the other week at the MELIA LAS AMERICAS
    resort.....you can actually see more about Cuba, Varadero and the resorts on Tripadvisor.com
    Well Bill,
    I will have to live out the Cuba fantasy vicariously through you. Unfortunately 'due to travel restrictions' there are no flights ever to Cuba from the USA....so the only way I can get there is perhaps to travel from another country, and then I'm thinking my passport won't be accepted in Cuba. I'll google Varadero and look at the wonderful pictures.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Hi MaryAnna,,,,
    Come on up and I'll pack you in an extra bag :-)......
    I am going to try to find some patchwork people when I'm there...I would love to find a quilt top at least - let's see if I can do that this time :-)

Well everyone,,,,it's March 29th...just 2 days and we will have a new row to do - I wonder what April will bring - April shows perhaps - an umbrella, what about a flower for Spring.....but then we still have Easter..perhaps Egges, a basket - a chick.....

I hope everyone is having fun so far - with their first 3 months....I can't wait to get to work on row #4......

Hugs to everyone..

Bill

well believe it or not i finally got caught up will post laters

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast