Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1188

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

  1. #176
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Kittygram, you've got a fast eye! And a quick memory....love your name! You must have kitties about!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Eli & Tuck

  2. #177
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    57
    looking good!

  3. #178
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Lockeb, you're right on target! I think the Luck of the Irish will be upon us soon! I'm going to be working on the January blocks tonight (finally). I do have to work during the day (real job to make $$$), but enjoy quilting at night.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  4. #179
    quilting gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Binghamton NY
    Posts
    28
    Just seen this......... and I think Im going to do it, it looks like fun..... so ..... count me in........ thanks much

  5. #180
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Mary Anna...Yse, I work during the day to eat...quilt at night to feed the soul :-)

    Quilting Gal - WELCOME ABOARD.....

    Karielt - I am not sure but I am getting the impression that each month will fall in line and will be added each time..I'm just thinking that - but like kittygram said, the first 2 months said to join them together....but there that strip that you have to sew between them - be sure to check the direction!!

    Quilter7X - looking forward to seeing the pictures - HAVE A GREAT RETREAT!

    MelodyLamour - are you joining in...I'll add you to the list just in case....

    NEW UPDATED LIST - '44'

    lockeb
    BKinCO
    MollieSue
    Sunkistmi
    SaraSewing
    Chrys
    Amma
    JCLinFL
    Ctmhjenn
    Chewboo
    lnordyke
    neoma
    Quilter7x
    Pineapple Princess
    Pvquilter
    Stichesnstaples
    Zennia
    Karielt
    Rainbow
    JanieW
    ljs317
    Ckelly
    Lillie
    Scrappylouisa
    Fate
    Lisa_Wanna_b_quilter
    QuiltMom
    Catlady
    Mamagus
    Weatheread
    pkrbkr
    Kittenquilts
    KGoodhand
    gaigai
    MaryAnna
    ligia
    sewjoyce
    daisyboo9
    kittygram
    JuneC
    gzuslivz
    TexasGranny
    Quilting Gal
    MelodyLamour

  6. #181
    Senior Member daisyboo9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delhi, Ontario
    Posts
    380
    ok people, I am so excited I just got my background fabric today (I am still working on some projects that need to be done first) I will get to the January blocks by next week I hope and I will post pics at that time.....but wait till you see what I got.....its a little different.....but I think very fun!

  7. #182
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Hi Daisyboo9,,
    Looking forward to the revealing :-)

  8. #183
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyboo9
    ok people, I am so excited I just got my background fabric today (I am still working on some projects that need to be done first) I will get to the January blocks by next week I hope and I will post pics at that time.....but wait till you see what I got.....its a little different.....but I think very fun!
    I can't wait to see your fabrics! and your blocks! You really know how to build anticipation!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  9. #184
    Senior Member KittyGram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Kittygram, you've got a fast eye! And a quick memory....love your name! You must have kitties about!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Eli & Tuck
    I have kitties and grandchildren!!!! The oldest GD "named" me Kitty Gramma even before she was 2 - it was her way of telling her mom which Grandma she was talking about. I have 2 kitties, my ex-MIL has a dog (Puppy Gramma). On the other side there's a "Gramma Mickey", because she likes Mickey Mouse.

  10. #185
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyGram
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Kittygram, you've got a fast eye! And a quick memory....love your name! You must have kitties about!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Eli & Tuck
    I have kitties and grandchildren!!!! The oldest GD "named" me Kitty Gramma even before she was 2 - it was her way of telling her mom which Grandma she was talking about. I have 2 kitties, my ex-MIL has a dog (Puppy Gramma). On the other side there's a "Gramma Mickey", because she likes Mickey Mouse.
    Oh how cute! I'll bet she's adorable! and your kitties too!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  11. #186
    Senior Member KittyGram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyGram
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Kittygram, you've got a fast eye! And a quick memory....love your name! You must have kitties about!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Eli & Tuck
    I have kitties and grandchildren!!!! The oldest GD "named" me Kitty Gramma even before she was 2 - it was her way of telling her mom which Grandma she was talking about. I have 2 kitties, my ex-MIL has a dog (Puppy Gramma). On the other side there's a "Gramma Mickey", because she likes Mickey Mouse.
    Oh how cute! I'll bet she's adorable! and your kitties too!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Yeah, she's still adorable! She's 6 now, and BTW, she's learning to sew! I'm having a blast teaching her!!!! The kitties, on the other hand, are pains in the behind sometimes!!!!!! But they can be adorable, too.

  12. #187
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyGram
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyGram
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Kittygram, you've got a fast eye! And a quick memory....love your name! You must have kitties about!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Eli & Tuck
    I have kitties and grandchildren!!!! The oldest GD "named" me Kitty Gramma even before she was 2 - it was her way of telling her mom which Grandma she was talking about. I have 2 kitties, my ex-MIL has a dog (Puppy Gramma). On the other side there's a "Gramma Mickey", because she likes Mickey Mouse.
    Oh how cute! I'll bet she's adorable! and your kitties too!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Yeah, she's still adorable! She's 6 now, and BTW, she's learning to sew! I'm having a blast teaching her!!!! The kitties, on the other hand, are pains in the behind sometimes!!!!!! But they can be adorable, too.
    Oh that's wonderful! It's important to continue the craft of quilting, and no other better way than to teach your heritage to your GD! It's a wonderful way to continute on the legacy! And for her to cherish her time with you many years down the road. Our 'fur kids', kitties and pups are our toddlers forever! That's what makes them so special! ;-)
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  13. #188
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    SO, how's everyone doing - we have about 1 week left before we get to see the revealing of the March row.....I hope we are all doing well with Jan Snowflakes and February hearts.......
    Wishing you all a great weekend!

  14. #189
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Greetings Lockeb! Just so you don't think I'm a slacker...I've completed January today! Whew! and Now onto February....
    I was wondering if you know anymore info about this BOM, such as are all the rows just added to one another? If so (my guess yes), then this would be a wonderful quilt to do the 'Fun and Done' method or the 'Cotton Theory' method. In other works, cut the batting for each row to the size of the row, then the backing with 2 inches extending all around, then top quilt the row and attach each row by sewing the backing (bringng it forward), then folding it over onto itself. It will give a border of 2" around each row. If my instructions aren't clear, then go to www.baysidequilting.com, and click on the 'fun and done' demo video. It would be nice to complete each row, including the quilting....just a thought.
    Here's some photos of what I've done so far....
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

    January row
    Name:  Attachment-14867.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  38.1 KB

    Snowflake block
    Name:  Attachment-14868.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  51.6 KB

  15. #190
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    MaryAnna,
    That's wonderful....
    I don't know any more about the whole quilt.....I am thinking that since we are addng the February row to the January row with just a think strip of the background fabric in between, I am thinking that this is going to be the norm for this one - it's just what I'm expecting..becaues we are doing a complete row per month - and so far they are themed so it will perhaps continue with the first row being January and the 12th row being December...that's what I am thinking..
    I love your idea...but then again the concept could change somewhere long the lines..we never know :-).
    Love your snowflakes......
    Thanks for posting!
    Bill

  16. #191
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Hey Bill,
    Being the bold & brazen one, I'll go ahead with my idea, but will wait until I get February done. First I've got to iron the January one so the seams lie flat! Silly me....taking pictures before ironing!
    Will Claudia's list the new block on the 1st?
    Have a great evening,
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  17. #192
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    MaryAnna,
    Yes, supposedly, each month the new pattern will be listed on the 1st....For February I checked in on Feb. 01st and it was there....they are very up-to-date! :-)
    I think you have a great idea for your quilt!
    Bill

  18. #193
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Bill,
    I'm glad to hear that there is a quilt shop that has their act together! I'll post pictures of the rows done as I've stated....and now to find the right backing fabric because it will show on the front inbetween the rows. Any suggestions?
    How's everyone else doing on their blocks?
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  19. #194
    Senior Member JanieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    726
    MaryAnna,

    Good job! Love your fabrics. I like your fun and done idea. I'm going to stick with the traditional way to quilt it as I want to practise SITD.

    I was hoping to see lots more pictures given the number of us taking part. Hopefully there will be lots more by next week.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what March will be. Going to go through my greens in anticipation.

    Janie

  20. #195
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Yep, I'm thinking that we will be will all be seeing Green on March 1st..... :-)

  21. #196
    Senior Member ligia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    686
    Blog Entries
    4
    My pinwheels came out light... lets see what next colors are and
    if Im brave enough to redo Jan. row ... :cry:

    Jan. Feb. Rows
    Name:  Attachment-16170.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  18.9 KB

  22. #197
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Ligia,
    I think that you did a wonderful job - I really wouldn't even think of redoing the snowflakes - if anything they even look 'snowy' to me and I love the look/color......I love your Jan/Feb combo!!!
    Now we are all getting ready for March..

    Come on everyone - how are the Jan and Feb. rows coming...we need more pictures!!!!!

    Bill

  23. #198
    Senior Member JanieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    726
    ligia,
    I agree with Bill. Your snowflakes look really good. So do your hearts. January was killer for me, triangles and matching points taunt me, so I wouldn't do it over.

  24. #199
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    OH, I agree..this little January triangles were the smallest I've ever worked with.....do you think that the pieces can get smaller than that...I do doubt it.. :-)

  25. #200
    Senior Member JanieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    726
    If they get smaller than that, Bill, I'm in trouble! My friend does miniature log cabins that uses 3/4" strips so by the time you take up the seam allowances, there's not much there. At least those are straight, no triangles. Did I mention I hate triangles? :-)

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.