Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1188

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

That is so very cute and you are all caught up I'm so jealous. I have to do sept and I can't decide what to so. But i really love what you have done Maryanna

Quote Originally Posted by ljs317
    That is so very cute and you are all caught up I'm so jealous. I have to do sept and I can't decide what to so. But i really love what you have done Maryanna
    Don't be jealous ljs, I still have to finish July too!!! LOL. Hugs and smiles

Quote Originally Posted by ljs317
    ljs317, that's so sweet of you! But hey, you're almost caught up if you've only got September to do! So you're ahead of the game! I'm sure you'll do a great apple theme for September, apples really lend themselves well to applique.
    Hugs,
    MaryAnna

Don't be jealous ljs, I still have to finish July too!!! LOL. Hugs and smiles[/quote]

Well, I told myself I couldn't do Sept. or work on my DGD's quilt until I finished July, so here it is finally, all done!!!!

1st 3 blocks
    Name:  Attachment-110862.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  31.8 KB

2nd 3 blocks
    Name:  Attachment-110863.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  39.6 KB

closeup of the background I used for this month
    Name:  Attachment-110864.jpe
Size:  55.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    well done MaryAnna!! At least your apples look like apples. I am debating the pattern they gave us. I haven't decided yet what to do. I'm kind of waiting to see what others post here to get some options. Hugs and smilessss!!!
    I'm trying to create an apple block, too, but am having a little problem. Can anyone suggest how to get the stem down into the apple instead of floating in space the way it is? I'm going to post this in the main thread, too, so more will see it.
    Hugs and smiles.

I flipped the leaf over but prefer it on the other side
    Name:  Attachment-111135.jpe
Size:  60.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    I am printing out the patterns each month. But I haven't started it yet. So I am really behind!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyquilter
    I am printing out the patterns each month. But I haven't started it yet. So I am really behind!
    I am in the same boat, almost... I have only one month done, and am floundering under a project someone else thinks I need to do. Isn't that always the way :lol:

Blog Entries
    Hi MaryAnna and Wildyard! Your blocks are just great Wildyard! I have not worked on August cuz I am not sure what I want to do there! Might end up doing them as is. The September block I did cheat a bit and took the look of MaryAnna's. I have to see how I like it with nothing between the blocks. Here are the blocks: I haven't appliqued them yet, I might use black thread to highlight them or brown.

Apple blocks...
    Name:  Attachment-112749.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  60.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Hi MaryAnna and Wildyard! Your blocks are just great Wildyard! I have not worked on August cuz I am not sure what I want to do there! Might end up doing them as is. The September block I did cheat a bit and took the look of MaryAnna's. I have to see how I like it with nothing between the blocks. Here are the blocks: I haven't appliqued them yet, I might use black thread to highlight them or brown.
    Why aren't the apples falling off if they aren't sewn on yet? I don't see any pins in them. They are great apples!! Maybe I'll go the applique route, too. So far I'm not happy with my apples. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Blog Entries
    Why aren't the apples falling off if they aren't sewn on yet? I don't see any pins in them. They are great apples!! Maybe I'll go the applique route, too. So far I'm not happy with my apples. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

LOL, the apples are held on with Heat and Seal bonding.. think that is what it's called! Yes I looked at the block and thought I would rather make the ones I have. easy way out maybe, but I do like them best! How is your August row coming??

roseOfsharon, I LOVE your apples, they are adorable! They definetly have the 'autumn feel' about them! Just perfect!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Awe Wildyard, go on and do the applique, trust me on this...it's what is needed for September. It will 'feel right' and look great!
    Hugs,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Hi MaryAnna, and thank you. I loved yours,sooooooo decided to do the same :)

Hi MaryAnna, and thank you. I loved yours,sooooooo decided to do the same :)
    Hugs you two, I'm working up a surprise August row for all of you... I'm really excited about it, too!!!

I love what you are all doing.."SUPER" - MaryAnna,,great job.....WILDYARD, love your apples..... :-) What about if you just stitch the leave all around to secure it - just underneath the leaf.....it will be kind of a 3-D effect.....
    I had better get moving - I am behind because of extra projects, and not enough time given to this project..I still have August and September to do..perhaps this weekend I can catch up...
    I have been thinking of changing the August block as well....not sure what I am doing yet....
    Glad to catch up with everyone this morning...

Sharon, I have to agree that I think we all found a couple of new sewing words in January....that month was a STITCH!!!!!!! :-0

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Hi BIll, This site looks fun. I did not know it was here. I may try to catch up or at least get the patterns. Talk to you soon. I love what everyone on here is doing. Such wonderful talent.

Blog Entries
    Can anyone suggest how to get the stem down into the apple instead of floating in space the way it is?

Would a small shape - kind of a triangle - to the right of the leaf work ? :-)

I've given up on the apples for this time. Maybe for another month I'll work on them some more. Thanks all who made suggestions tho, I appreciate your time and thoughts. Hugs and smiles.

Hugs you two, I'm working up a surprise August row for all of you... I'm really excited about it, too!!![/quote]

OK, I finally finished my August row!!! It is called Summer Sidewalk. Is everybody ready???? Here it is......... TAA DAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hugs you two, I'm working up a surprise August row for all of you... I'm really excited about it, too!!!
    OK, I finally finished my August row!!! It is called Summer Sidewalk. Is everybody ready???? Here it is......... TAA DAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Wow Wildyard! I Love, Love, Love it! How creative and it is gorgeous! Love the fabrics and espcially the floral border at the edge of the sidewalk! You did great! You're on a roll now....tackle September!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

I like the way you have different 'varieties' of apples. :-)
    I haven't started the blocks , but I'm saving them for later.

Wildyard, I really like what you did with your August -Summer
    sidewalk.
    You are very creative.

Ligia, I like the way that your blocks are coming along. Great job.

Debbie..Yes, jump right in - I still have 2 months to do - and October will start soon - the fun thing is we can catch up at any time...

Wildyard...WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

Sharon, love your apples!!!!!

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast