Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1188

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Great blocks all. I am so far behind, I think I am out front. Oh my.

WHEW!!!! Today I decided to get up to date on the 2 months that I didn't have done - and I have to say - August and September went together really well.....

Here's a photo of the Quilt Top with AUGUST'S HOT SIDEWALK!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

And, here I have added SEPTEMBER'S APPLES.......I did change a little something on the apple - I didn't like the backgroud square on the bottom of the apple..so I just extened the red stripe.....

Now what will October be....could it be a Fall Leaf...that's what I'm thinking....but then again, it may be a pumpkin or something Halloween.........

Sorry that I have been so behind in my rows......but I was determined today to catch up - and VOILA!!!!!

Glad that we are all having so much fun wiht this one - and of course, anyone that wants to join in - you can join in anytime......it will be easy to catch up......

OH, I just wanted to add something...I have been calculating how many pieces are going into this project...to date, I have calculated 843 pieces......so this piece should we well over 1000 pieces when it is done...it will be a great souviner project of your year-long mystery quilt fun......

Hurray Bill! You're caught up and looking great! Great job so far...I really like your apples, your design is better than the original instructions, although I must say I have a love of applique for apples! but yours turned out just lovely!
    Glad you're caught up again!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

HI MaryAnna....
    Great to catch up with you - yes, I perhaps should have done applique - it was in my mind..and then I opted for the origianl pattern..but the little background square in the base of the apple wasn't sitting with me so I just made the red strip longer...I prefer it like that - glad you think so as well :-)
    It is good to be caught up - I am cleaning though patterns, papers....having a good productive day.....
    Now, waiting for October's instructions...I am looking forward to having the next 3 months of rows so that I can start to see how I will finish this one off.....I think it is going to be a wonderful sampler quilt......I will be adding different rows or whatever because I am planning on this one being at least a throw or single size..perhaps even a double.......will have fun with it after the center panel is complete.......
    It has been a lot of fun so far :-)
    Hoep you are having a great weekend...
    Back to the sorting and organizing..... :-)

Lockeb, Love your quilt. It is coming along fine. So cheery and fun.

wvdek...
    Thanks!! :-)
    Bill

Hugggggs Bill, I think you need to count again. I'm pretty sure there were at least 800 pieces in that January row alone!! LOL. Great job, your rows are looking wonderful.

Wildyard...you are right..perhaps it is 1843 to date :-)....I think that that January row really had a toll on all of us....I look at it this way - everything project I've done since then has been a breeze.. :-)
    Hugs back at ya.;..so great to be back on track...I was even worrying myself :-)...Life just happens sometimes....
    But Quilting will eventually overcome!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Bill, I am glad to see you did the original pattern. I am thinking that is what I will do. No one else seemed to be pleased with it but I like yours. The month is getting away from me. Guess I better get busy. I have been side tracked with some Christmas projects I couldn't wait to start. I plan to devote some time this week to this project. (Maybe if I say that out loud it will really happen)

HI....
    You will find that these last ones go together rather quickly - :-)......Glad you liked the original - I think it looks pretty cool.......I love the way that it is all going together......
    We'll have a new row in a day or 2.... :-)

I've been printing these off too. Haven't started it yet

caquiltingdeb....a good thing is that you can just start anywhere on this one..it is a lot of fun!!! And a great way to us up scraps and smaller stash pieces...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    Hugs you two, I'm working up a surprise August row for all of you... I'm really excited about it, too!!!
    OK, I finally finished my August row!!! It is called Summer Sidewalk. Is everybody ready???? Here it is......... TAA DAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Awwwwwwwww the August row is terrific wildyard! I am still behind. But HOPE to catch up within reason~ My apples are nearly finished ... August is still unknown , might be a tad different but not much... Oh Gosh and here comes [email protected][email protected]#@!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Sharon, love your apples!!!!!
    Laughing,,,, but I know you mean the Apple row :) hehehehe Sorry couldn't resist! huggles

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    Hugggggs Bill, I think you need to count again. I'm pretty sure there were at least 800 pieces in that January row alone!! LOL. Great job, your rows are looking wonderful.
    Hehehe .. I am with you on that score wildyard! That was my worst nightmare at the time, new and being killed with all those tiny weeny pieces! But... I got them done! hooray for me hehehe

Blog Entries
    Bill, your rows are great, your apples are neato and I am sure more involved than my apple row! You must post the changes you made to that pattern. Your August row is HOT too!

Heh Sharon.... :-)...Got a great kick out of that....
    For my Apples, instead of having that little square at the bottom - I just made the red strip longer ...it was so easy....there was a bit left over - I just trimmed it off...... :-)
    SO, October's row is upon us...or soon will be......

Ok everyone...it's time for October's row....
    CANDY CORN and CHOCOLATE KISSES......
    I think we may be reminded a little bit of January :-)

Ok everyone...it's time for October's row....
    CANDY CORN and CHOCOLATE KISSES......
    I think we may be reminded a little bit of January :-)
    What!!! I just looked at the pattern. Not again! A challenge to say the least. But I will give it a shot before I throw in the towel.

Quilt Mom..non..don't throw in the towel......we will get though this together..remember, you can always do paper piecing if you wish.....

Yes, the only thing we are allowed to throw here is tantrums when the peices don't fit right. This is where the new word learning comes in. Now we get to apply all the new things (words, etc) we learned in January just to be sure we don't forget them. Aren't we lucky??? Smiles and hugggs!!

We'll get through this one - I think I will get out my fabrics and start to tackle this one this evening... :-)...if I do, will keep you posted..... and I didn't forget anything from January :-).....

We'll get through this one - I think I will get out my fabrics and start to tackle this one this evening... :-)...if I do, will keep you posted..... and I didn't forget anything from January :-).....
    I was feeling creative so wanted to try my hand at a candy corn block. My DD guessed what it was but my grandbrats guessed witches hats and candy corn. LOL.... what do you all think? I might alternate these with the choloclate kiss block. Or I might yet make the original candy blocks... hmmmmm. Choices, choices..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 ... LastLast