Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1188

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Super job Bill, I'm rushing to make a quilt for my sister who was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer. I just finished piecing the top, just have to do the borders. It will have a fleece backing. Soon as I get that done, I'm on my mystery quilt!!!
    If anyone wants to see the one I'm making for my sister, here is the link. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-95527-1.htm

Linda,
    So sorry to hear of your sisters illness...sending best wishes her way - and what a beautiful quilt you are making for her - that is wonderful!!!
    HUGS!!!!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Linda,
    So sorry to hear of your sisters illness...sending best wishes her way - and what a beautiful quilt you are making for her - that is wonderful!!!
    HUGS!!!!
    Bill
    thanks Bill, for the good wishes, and the nice compliments. I want it to be cheerful for her and give her comfort when she needs it. After all, she went to so much trouble to cut to the front of the "who gets a quilt next" line!! That's what I'm going to tell her when I send the quilt. We can joke that way. LOL. Hugs and smiles

Blog Entries
    Super Duper Job Bill!!! Woot give you 5 stars for finishing first! I am now thinking 5 blocks for December is the RIGHT number :) :)... I truly like your top Bill.

Linda....... Super...your sister is fortunate to have a sister like you :-)

Sharon...Thanks....yep, I think 5 for December is enough.....I was sewing away with all nine and wasn't paying attention and ending up joining them together incorrectly - and then I looked at those tiny blocks and knew that I wasn't going to take them apart - I wasn't interested in making more - and so I decided to make the 5 work....and I think they did :-)......I happy to have completed the top - now I need to shop for something to put on the back....I can't find anything in my stash.... I love the way it looks finished - and it is really much bigger than I was thinking.....a really nice size actually...

Hot off the presses! I just finished the quilt top. I did an applique for December's row and a 'piano key' border, I was inspired by this board member's new 'system' and here's the link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56940-1.htm , in case you can't get to it via the link...it's the one on scraps done on adding machine paper.

This project was a joy and I learned a lot, it was a joy because of all the wonderful people on this thread!

So we can say now....another one done! Can't wait to see everyone else's quilt!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mary Anna,,
    It is fabulous!!!! I love it.....the piano key border is great...that is what I was origially wanting to do - I LOVE IT!!!!!!
    I have mind packaged - forwarding it to my quilter - can't wait to get it back..
    This is indeed was such a fun project - with all of you wonderful people to share it with.....
    Bill

I love the way you softened the look with the border.

Blog Entries
    MaryAnna! Your quilt top is just outstanding! I like how you also changed something within the design to make it just yours! Love the keyboard border as well. Bill did an excellent job on his too! Having the two here will give choice to others as to how they may like to do the borders.

Thanks for posting!

Sharon

Maryanna and Bill, great job! But now I have a problem... I like both finished borders... You have not helped me at all..What to do ???

Perhaps you'll have to do both :-)

Thanks everyone for all your kind words! I really enjoyed our journey with this quilt! And now to quilt it....I can't make up my mind if I actually want to do it or send it to my longarmer. It is a bit big and I haven't clue as to which design to use!

I'd love to see yours, so post a picture.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Just got the border left to do.

MaryAnna, I totally love your December row and your piano key border! Great job!!!! I am plinking away at mine now that my sister's quilt is almost finished. All I have left to do now on her quilt is the binding, then this mystery will get all my attention and finally be solved for me too. LOL. I will be sad to see it all end tho, as it has been such a treat sharing this experience with everyone. As you have said, it's really all of you that have made this so special.

DITTO!! This project was so much fun because of all of you!!!!!!!

Oh my, this just gets more and more like a lifelong project. I have finished my December row.. see the attached photos.
    Now, I just might possibly have the worlds largest quilt on my hands. LOL... it is 7'6" x 11'4", and that is without the borders and all the sashing it needs. LMBO...
    I don't remember ever learning that when you double the size of something it comes out 4x as big.
    I have no idea where to go with this next. There is no point in sewing the rows together as I surely have no use for a 12+ foot long quilt. LOL. I could make 2 out of it, putting 6 months on each one but that kinda defeats the whole project.
    Any suggestions out there with how I can rework this into a managable and usable size?

first 4 December blocks
    Name:  Attachment-138194.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  85.6 KB

last 3 Dec. blocks
    Name:  Attachment-138195.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  81.8 KB

the December row in order that I am going to sew them
    Name:  Attachment-138196.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  36.7 KB

Is this the makin's of the worlds largest quilt? Helppppp me!! (I have the bottom parts pinned up so the animals don't get on them)
    Name:  Attachment-138325.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  72.8 KB

Wow Linda, Your December row is awesome! I love it! Yep those measurements are super large....not sure how to remedy that one, a rug perhaps? Or you could take it apart and only use some of the blocks and make a bed quilt and with the leftovers, a lap quilt. It certainly is gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Wildyard it is just beautiful! How about you make it reversible? Six months on each side? Just a thought.

Bill I love your new avatar pic.

Lisa

Huggggggs Lisa, that is a great idea!!! Then I can do the between row sashing still. And I can take a few blocks off the ends and make pillow covers. I can put winter months on one side and summer on the other.
    All I could do is look at it and have my mind boggle. LOL There were no active thought processes going on at all. I knew someone here would help me out.
    I did think of making it into two quilts, but never thought of reversible.
    Hugggs again and thank you!!

Huggggggs to anyone still following this thread. I just wanted to update you all on my latest plan to salvage my blocks and make something useful with them. Here it is! I took them all apart and instead of a row of the month, I am going to have a calendar quilt, with a block for each month. This way, I have enough blocks to make at least 5 quilts!! And each is a nice reasonable throw or twin size. Wooohoooo!!
    All I have to do is add borders to each block till they are all the same size, then add sashing and a border. Taa daaaaaaaa!!!
    Here is a photo of my progress with the first one so far:

my first calendar quilt in the works-- I just haven't found the right fabric for the September block yet
    Name:  Attachment-199512.jpe
Views: 41
Size:  121.2 KB

Are all the patterns the same or do they just tell you to make 9 snowflakes etc and each comes up with their own idea of that?

Quote Originally Posted by sisLH
    Are all the patterns the same or do they just tell you to make 9 snowflakes etc and each comes up with their own idea of that?
    all the patterns were the same, we each used our own choices of fabrics, and sometimes if someone didn't care for the pattern given, they would get creative. Some of us more than others. :D
    If you go look at page one, you will find the link to the original site for the patterns. I think they are still there. I thought it was going to be too small so I doubled the size of all my blocks and ended up with this giant thing. LOL.. so I had to modify mine which is what you are seeing now.

Wow! Super great idea!!! I love it AND now you've got several Christmas gifts already done, so you're ahead of the game!!! You gotta love that! Great job!!!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Well I'm fianlly done! Yes, I stayed up all night and completed the Mystery Quilt! Hurray!!! One more UFO checked off my list. this photo is literally just off my machine.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Well I'm fianlly done! Yes, I stayed up all night and completed the Mystery Quilt! Hurray!!! One more UFO checked off my list. this photo is literally just off my machine.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 LastLast