Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Passage Quilts really do help >

Passage Quilts really do help

Passage Quilts really do help

Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 AM

A beautiful quilt for a heart touching story. May the Lord be with you and your family.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 AM

when my father passed, the funeral home covered him with a Card Tricks quilt to take him from the hospital. it was so soothing that when our son committed suicide, we used the same funeral home. When we went to make arrangements for his viewing, i asked about the quilts they had. the young man didn't know the names of the ones that they had ( it was an old family run establishment) however they had prepared our son for my spouse and i to say good bye to before the public viewing that evening. He was already covered with a beautiful blue and white "BlueGrass/Kentucky Star". I hunted months to find a pattern for it so i could make one. Finally found one in a book of 1880's quilts from Kentucky and have figured out how to do the stars (6 pointed), still need to figure the setting hexagons .
i will be making some Passage quilts for the local funeral home now.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
T.

I am so sorry for your loss, I too lost my Dad this last March, I am still looking for his email everyday, he was 94. I hope you can find comfort in believing that she is now in a better place, reunited with her loved ones. We will see them in time. May her memories keep you strong at this time, they will also keep her living on in your heart. My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
Respectfully.

Last edited by T.; 08-02-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM

My thoughts and prayers to you at the loss of your Mom. I have never heard of a passage quilt, and think it is a lovely tradition. Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 AM

My condolences in the loss of your beloved Mom. What a fantastic & extremely thoughtful idea - a Passage Quilt.
I have never heard of this but I can certainly understand the significance & the touching symbols associated with it.
How much more comforting for the family to see their loved one wrapped with love & kindness in a Passage Quilt.
Thank you for sharing your touching story.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 PM

Our hearts go out to you - and most sincere wishes that some of the expressions here bring you a little comfort....your touching message makes us all remember how important every day is with the ones we love.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by riutzelj View Post
when my father passed, the funeral home covered him with a Card Tricks quilt to take him from the hospital. it was so soothing that when our son committed suicide, we used the same funeral home. When we went to make arrangements for his viewing, i asked about the quilts they had. the young man didn't know the names of the ones that they had ( it was an old family run establishment) however they had prepared our son for my spouse and i to say good bye to before the public viewing that evening. He was already covered with a beautiful blue and white "BlueGrass/Kentucky Star". I hunted months to find a pattern for it so i could make one. Finally found one in a book of 1880's quilts from Kentucky and have figured out how to do the stars (6 pointed), still need to figure the setting hexagons .
i will be making some Passage quilts for the local funeral home now.
I am sorry to hear of your son's suicide and know the devastation of that type of loss. My prayers are with you and your husband.
Chris
Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Sorry for your loss of your mom, I loss my dad recent Feb. I made him a quilt but sadly he never got to see it. My mom has it as her comfort at this time.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Awe, so sorry to hear about your Mother. The quilts are really pretty, glad that helped you get through this difficult time. Hugs
Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 PM

how wonderful your mother had so many years, so much living, and so many memories you will always have with you! expressing sympathy for your tremendous loss, praying for comfort for you and your family thru these times. i really like the quilt idea, i think it is very touching and a comforting thing to do. thank you so much for sharing...