Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

nena - that looks beautiful! I love the colors.

Blog Entries
    I only see a beautiful quilt, Nena! And it's finished!!​ Way to go, girl!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
    Welcome to the group to all those willing to admit they have UFOs! Please try to post pictures so we can ooh and aah over your quilts and so I can count them up to add to our total each month. We're getting a lot done!

jwardknits - your quilt is just beautiful! I think I'm going to have to do some research on mystery quilts. Don't know how that works...
    Attachment 486551My first one for August. A friend gave me a panel that I had no idea what to do with. The blocks tend to be odd sizes on panels. I decided to do a 9-patch pizazz, thanks to a brilliant suggestion by someone here on the Board!

Could not have turned out any nicer than what you did.. Just charming

Judy in Phx, AZ

I was telling "The man" earlier about this thread, and one of the posts about "please finish some of them before you die" and he said "Don't you start collecting them!" I just said OK & let him go, while I counted in my head how many unfinished projects I have...

DustysMomma - "what happens in the sewing room stays in the sewing room."

Last night I stayed up until 03am and went through several containers of UFO's and quilt tops that need to be quilted. I found several which I had completely forgotten about. I plan to finish 3 of them by the end of the year. 2 of theses were just cut out, I never even sewed a stitch. One of them is a sewn top, just needs to be quilted, which is a batik scrappy mystery quilt, I followed on line 2 years ago. Another is a wall hanging, in my favorite colors. I decided to take 2 of theses on a retreat later this month and work on them. Hopefully I will have the tops done by the end of the retreat. I'll keep you posted and post pic later in the week as I start working on them. Bye. And happy sewing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
    Welcome to the group to all those willing to admit they have UFOs! Please try to post pictures so we can ooh and aah over your quilts and so I can count them up to add to our total each month. We're getting a lot done!

jwardknits - your quilt is just beautiful! I think I'm going to have to do some research on mystery quilts. Don't know how that works...
    Attachment 486551My first one for August. A friend gave me a panel that I had no idea what to do with. The blocks tend to be odd sizes on panels. I decided to do a 9-patch pizazz, thanks to a brilliant suggestion by someone here on the Board!
    I just got my book and am looking forward to trying one of these!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I almost feel like a stranger here because I have been so busy I haven't had time to read or post much...but I really do think I will get one more UFO finished this month. Hope to post a picture sometime after the 19th. It is a baby quilt and will be headed off to Germany for new baby girl who is due to arrive in Nov. so I should have plenty of time, yet. I started this in 2011 and had no plans for it other than seeing a picture in a magazine and thinking...I can make that!" Well, I did...just didn't finish it. LOL. So it has come in handy to have. Look for a picture soon. Love everyone else's finished projects. So great to have all of the newest folk here too.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

SandyinZ4, I know what you mean! I am so far behind in getting things done. Now my machine is broken and I am going to have to replace it. The presser bar is bent and can't be repaired for less than the machine is worth.
    I am using my old Singer in the meantime and plugging along, but just not making much progress. I do have two tops done and ready to be layered and quilted. Only one is a UFO, the other is a comfort quilt.

Don't be discouraged tho, one day before we know it, TA DAAAAA, we will have a finish to post!!! It's happened before and it will happen again. Smiles and huggggggs!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Linda for the encouragement. What a bummer about your sewing machine. Sending good vibes that someone near you will have the perfect one for sale and you can get it and get back to sewing lots! Guess what! I caught up on all my chores today so finished sewing on the binding to the aforementioned quilt that will be going off to Germany soon. Ta Da! So sharing a picture. It is 48 " x 48". It looks hard but is mostly HST and easy peasy if you have a place to lay it out. I did it in 4 sections and then sewed then together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sandy: What a beautiful bright quilt, I foresee she will love it and drag it along as her binky.

Sandy: Absolutely beautiful quilt!

Blog Entries
    I am in another on line group for UFOs so I will also post here. Quilting on a BOM from 2012 called Hello Sun. Cute appliquéd 6" blocks set in stars. Will post Pic as soon as finished.

I got a couple more UFO's done. I completed the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt Celtic Solstice and a jean quilt for a friend.
    Name:  Celtic Solstice_Finished‏.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  67.5 KBName:  Jean Quilt for Geneva.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  54.3 KB

Sandy, you have made a beautiful quilt. Love the bright colors.

Quote Originally Posted by jwardknits View Post
    I got a couple more UFO's done. I completed the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt Celtic Solstice and a jean quilt for a friend.
    Beautiful Celtic Solstice, jwardknits. I just finished mine today too. I'll try to get a picture in the daylight tomorrow and post it here. (Yah, finally a UFO to report as done)

J: Great finishes. This last week I sandwiched my Celtic Solstice, I know how labor intensive that one is. What did you back the Denim quilt with? Congrats on finishing two more UFOs.

Pretty quilts posted over the weekend!! I will have a finished quilt by the end of the month. I need it for an early September birthday so it *has* to be done.

Done! I finished my celtic solstice over the weekend, and put the binding on last night. Machine bound, but you do what you gotta do
    I made a small version - about 1/2 the blocks. And I changed up the border, mostly to avoid making yet more flying geese.

This one will get added to the charity pile, which I really need to find some time to drop off.
    Name:  P8180436.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  282.0 KB

I like the orange in the border...great way to finish it off.

Krista, I love your quilt. That had to be one of the hardest quilts I have done. Your colors are beautiful.

I use a Snuggle flannel and flannel shirting for my backing. I layer them together and attach. I find jean quilts so heavy and it seems like you can feel each seam but the combo of the flannels help. I use a black and white shirting flannel on this one.
    Name:  Jean Quilt backing.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  61.8 KB

The Celtic Solstice quilts are just beautiful. That's one I'll never be brave enough to do. Wonderful work jward and Krista!
    Name:  20140818_164731.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  210.7 KBParty of Four from McCall's Quick Quilts, December/January 2013. It says "a super-fast throw for winter cuddling." I think that's only true if you ACTUALLY work on it!! Turqoise minky on the back, the corners of the binding were a nightmare!!

J: Thanks for the peek at the back. Never thought about those bulky seams, flannel seems like a good alternative. Michelle: LOL, I think your right, if you don't work on it no quilt is fast. You really get a lot of bang with that pattern because of the colors. Congrats on the finish!

Blog Entries
    Love the Celtic Solstice finished ones. Someday (sigh) mine will be done. Also, the denim quilt looks great. I have one of those started too. But, like all of you, I keep plugging away on that ufo pile. Love seeing all the pictures of finishes!

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast