Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 07-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Nanna-up-north: So sorry for the loss of your precious mother. Sending much love and hugs your way. Please take tender care of yourself in these next days.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by QltrSue View Post
Nanna-up-north: So sorry for the loss of your precious mother. Sending much love and hugs your way. Please take tender care of yourself in these next days.
Yes, I agree, even keeping busy gets us thru the days, but we still need to take that extra care of ourselves, and let others do so also. Hugsssssss,
Old 07-06-2014, 03:28 PM

Thank you QltrSue and wildyard for your concerns about me. I'm really doing fine. Mom was 93, loved God and served Him her whole life. She was ready and it's not so hard to let her go knowing that it was getting difficult for her to keep going. She was only in hospice care 6 days and I got to talk with her the morning she died. I'm a long ways away but with 5 sisters, we were taking turns caring for her at home. I never got my turn after she got so sick but I always did all the 'Mom' running during the winter when I was close by. I know I will miss her but I didn't want her to be in pain and she said she had to hurry because Daddy was calling her. I'm very thankful for having such a great Mom. There's a picture of Mom and the quilt I made her in my album posted here on QB.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:55 AM

Jean it sounds like a wonderful way to handle the loss of your dear mother and a blessing she must have been to all of you. She went in peace and you all have peace knowing that. Hugs and smiles for the dear children she raised!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 AM

Thanks again, wildyard.

Well, I have my next UFO done. It isn't a long ago one...... more like 6 months. I just couldn't figure out how to do this one exactly so it was stalled. But, it's finished and ready to mail out. Now..... on to the next one.
Attached Thumbnails baby1.jpg   baby2.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 09:56 AM

Nanna-up-North: That is just the cutest quilt! The background fabric is a knockout! So cute!!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 PM

Nanna-up-North - I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It is, however, a blessing that she didn't linger in pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

As for your quilt, can I just say how cute that is?!?! When I looked at it quickly, I thought the giraffes were old-fashioned keys. Yes, I do need to get my eyes checked!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:32 PM

Jean: Love the giraffes in combination with that background. Such a fun quilt, makes me smile just looking at it.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:58 AM

Hi! I'm new to this thread.

165 completed UFO/WIP/PIGs! Amazing

So many beautiful, cute, gorgeous, FINISHED projects!

I can't join. Not because I don't have pigs/etc, I do. My oldest is 41. sigh. But, I moved house in September & most non essentials are still buried in the basement o doom.

I have got the quilting bug this year, and have dug around in various boxes & dragged bits & pieces upstairs. I have two baby quilt tops made. Don't count as UFO/pigs...as I made them in 2014. A couple of weeks ago, I cut out some uglies/low quality fabrics. Made a 36x36 carpenter star. Supposed to be the "easy one", but me, yes, I made it harder. I wanted one of the dark fabrics to be a floral stripe, so didn't want the floral triangles pieced, so made those crazy trapezoids, two HSTs attached opposite, and corner pieced on the other two colors. The plan was, it sort of matched my living room, and it was going to be a dog throw for the floor. I made it for a tester to practice my very first FMQ. But it turned out too cute for dog-use and I'm not really sure what I will do with it. I'm in middle of making yet another tester from uglies/low quality fabric to practice FMQ before I start FMQ-ing the two baby quilts. Yet a third baby quilt (all babies have been born) is in planning stage. I plan to make a carpenter's star, but again, I have to make it harder, as I will fussy cut the "white/light" units out of an adorable bright crayon animals on white fabric. Lions tigers & bears, Oh! My!

Anyway, I've skim/read all pages. I read there's a sister thread for talking. I expect this comment goes there... but I haven't found or read that thread yet.

soooo... okay if I join this thread, even tho I haven't dug out or counted up UFOs, yet?

LOL about the giraffes, I saw keys first, too! but they were just too adorable!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Welcome. If you have UFOs or PIGS, or any of those things that need to be finished, this is the right place. We post pictures of the finished items here and then rave at their beauty. When we're working on something and have to share or ask questions or just chat about that, we go to the therapy thread. To find it, just click on challenges and contests, then scroll down and you'll find the 2014 UFO therapy thread. This is a really helpful, encouraging group. And, we get things done.... that's the purpose anyway.