Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-05-2014, 10:09 AM

Thank you so much for your kind responses! You've brought tears to my eyes. I am indeed dancing the happy dance. God bless you all in the coming year!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM

DING DONG DING DONG!!!!!!!!!! Ringing the bell for such wonderful finishes!!!! Way to go quilters.
And WOOOOOOTOWOOOOOOOOOT whistles the train to welcome all the new members!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

Well, I did a little work today. Some of it is on my little owl wall hanging. I got it pinned today. Not sure how to quilt it yet, but I will think about that this afternoon. I also got for labels made out and sewn on to quilts that have been done for a while. It feels good to get that done. It's so nice to have encouragement in the catagory of UFO's. I sometimes feel that I am alone in this. Then you remind me that I am not. :-)
Old 01-05-2014, 03:35 PM

So...I FINISHED The embroidered floral BOM quilt! An hour and five minutes worth of embroidery began the momentum to then take it to the machine for simple quilting and then binding! Finished up last evening while watching football with hubby and son. So in about 24hours I had finished my quilt! I will take pix tomorrow in the natural light and then try(gulp) to post them. I'm still pondering why I put things down when I am so close to finishing. If I could understand that, perhaps I could take steps to prevent further UFOS.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 PM

Boston, you are SO Very not alone, LOL. You are in the company of some of the very best people around. Smilessssssssssss and hugggggggggggggs!!!

QltrSue, WOW!! How great to finish that up so fast! Clearly you had to put it down so close to finished so it would be there to help you now when you needed something quick to get you started on your train ride! Can't wait to see the photos when you get them posted!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:23 PM

UFO's: 8 quilts, all the blocks that need to go together, one quilt top half done, one finished quilt top for a baby, two sets of squares etc that go into a quilt.. so possible ufo depending on how bad I want to feel and four round robins I am in.. other than that bored stiff. one apron that only needs string ties put on (lazy rear).

ok I get this but then you have a second forum so guessing all photos go in that one and chat here, questions there? lost on this part. um the ufo trade: do I finish one for you and you finish one for me or do we simply trade projects and say have fun its yours?
Old 01-05-2014, 07:50 PM

Elisabrat--this thread is for the finished UFO pictures and comments on them. The Sister thread is for pictures of projects in progress, to post questions, chat, etc...and new this year was added the ufo trade option. I think it would be up to you and the "trader" how you wanted to do it...either just trading started ufos and keeping them or trading for someone else to finish and trading back....
Old 01-06-2014, 03:50 AM

Sitka, thank you for sharing your beautiful quilt finishes....

I finished making my livingroom drapes on New Year's day, now I can (in good conscious) return to my quilting projects.. I am making a set of 12 placemats and have son's quilt (tumbing blocks) that is over a year in the making.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:03 AM

My first completed UFO for 2014.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455102[/ATTACH]
Will be delivered to my friend this afternoon. I also have a t-shirt of his to deliver to him. Next will be to work on the other 45 t-shirts of his into at least 2 more quilts maybe 3.
Attached Thumbnails dscf3401-800x600-.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM

Cindy: Beautiful quilt, it glows! How did your friend rate his own personal quilter?