2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 07-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

tk, help, I did teeter over the edge...QBuddy found her backing and 13 yards of fabric snuck in my bag...2 pieces were on clearance so $5 a yard, but the 3 yard piece was a beautiful paisley...I'm such a sucker for paisley...
Old 07-02-2016, 09:11 AM

I have not visited this page for a long time. I have been so good. Is there really a birthday moratorium? Maybe I can say my fall was just a belated birthday gift? I figured the license plates were not material so I went to pick up from the LQS. 60% off a print that is part of a collection I previously purchased. Then for some unknown reason I am on a fabric store page. My! Some of the cutest Christmas fabric. OK. I confess. I have been busy using my stash on 2 quilts for family 40th anniversary and baby quilts!
Old 07-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

Ah but you are using stash, Veinurse....
Old 07-02-2016, 03:23 PM

I fell off the edge at the LAQ today. But, in my defense, the fabric was purchased to finish up some WIP quilts (bindings, backings and sashing). So, it probably doesn't count much. And, I can save gas for the rest of the weekend because I am staying home and sewing, sewing, sewing! ! ! ! !
Old 07-02-2016, 05:03 PM

I've been doing a lot of window shopping ("just fantasizing!" I tell myself), but haven't given in yet. If only because I can't find a pattern for the gorgeous fat quarter bundles I've been drooling over. I did recently get a couple quarter yard cuts I needed for an existing project, plus a mystery charm pack because why the heck not - it was 5 bucks and shipping was free at MSQC that day.

Been doing some knitting for a change to try and get my quilting mojo back. Already I am starting to scheme what different patterns I might use for the "kits" of fabric I've already put together. Time to browse through my patterns and Block magazines for some inspiration!
Old 07-03-2016, 01:54 AM

I figured out how to make a boarder I like on the grandma's flower garden without buying more fabric. So Yeah!
Old 07-03-2016, 12:15 PM

tkhooper, please post a picture of your grandma's flower garden when you are done. I have not done one yet, but have purchased the hexagon cutter thingie and have even cut the paper pieces from some brochures I had saved. But, I haven't made the complete plunge yet. So, any inspiration is welcome! Thanks!
Old 07-04-2016, 04:16 AM

I'm afraid that would be a long wait NoraB. My planned completion date is 3 1/2 years from start which is this year. And I didn't realize that I was suppose to have 2 rows of petals. Thank heavens there are no quilt police or I would be in trouble. But if you google gallery them you will find bunches and bunches of pictures. Even directions. Sorry I had to disappoint. I started mine so that i would have hand work to do when I am traveling around which is why I have the distant deadline.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:15 AM

tkhooper, you can never disappoint....you are a quilter! I'm the same as you...looking for hand work to do when traveling in the car...so mine will be a long-term project too. I crochet, so a few years ago, I was sitting on the beach in Florida underneath a shade umbrella.....crocheting an afghan. My sister-in-law said I was probably the only person doing that. But, I just like to keep my hands busy. So, hexagons sounds like a good project! Good luck with yours! At least you've started it.....I haven't even pulled out fabric yet! Oh well...gotta do some ripping out today.....quilted a quilt and ran out of backing....tried to piece on the long arm.....didn't work for me....so patiently ripping the addition and the quilting...then will sew the extra fabric back on the right way and reload and requilt one row. Luckily...there's gotta be something on tv! Have a good 4th of July everyone!
Old 07-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

tkhooper - what you call disappointing, I call hope. I have some goals too that haven't materialized (yet) so extensions are my friend.

We are remodeling the house and I am supposed to help. Droopy-face. I want to be in my room sewing but the guilt of leaving the hubs to do all the work is not letting me. In the end, we will most likely both sit in front of the TV. lol