2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-28-2017, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
Oh I love seeing the awesome work you all have done and the inspiration for more. Just lovely. Such kindness is offered here!!! I spent a couple of hours at Joanne's yesterday. My husband dropped me off at the store while he went to buy some fish tying products. When he picked me up I didn't have a single bag in hand. Nothing. I kept thinking about what I had at home that I really could use and might even like better. I felt somewhat free! What a fun experience!
Way to go. I totally agree. What a feeling, the first month almost done and no purchases. Of course a lot of that has to do with staying away from the stores, but so still need to try that hurdle, so I am really proud of you Rhonda.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

Although the red ones didn't take up too much fabric, they were made from stash. Unfortunately, for the table runner I needed to match the border and 3 yards later...I needed about one...it was finished...all are donations for a school fundraiser.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:59 PM

oksewglad - I have that same Easter egg fabric in my stash! Somewhere... LOL
Old 01-28-2017, 05:00 PM

Connie - Yeah! for the finishes and the donations. You go girl!
Old 01-28-2017, 06:45 PM

OK, 3 lovelies. Your runner speaks of spring, your hearts just in time for Valentines Day (love the little hearts) and a cute 3 girl wall hanger. Love all of them.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Those cuties turned out nice. I helped my BFF sandwich her quilt today. She did all the quilting. Then we trimmed (showed her how and let her finish) and then she got the binding on one side. Not bad for a day's work tutoring. Every time she trimmed off a large piece she giggled and showed me "stash" - I just grinned coz I KNOW where this will lead.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:59 AM

Ok those quilts are adorable.

Paper Princess at 50% off I think 6 yards is restraining yourself especially since you were "persuaded" to go. Lol

Good job Rhonda on spending two hours in Joann"s and not purchasing any fabric! I went there this week as well and didn't buy anything. Was patting myself on the back that I resisted temptation but I was only there forty five minutes.

And Martina one day she'll look around and go I have way too much "stash" even though new fabrics call her name while she's walking by... Future Moratorium member in the making.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:13 AM

Love those, OKSewGlad!

I bought batting and thread yesterday. I am trying to finish a quilt and can't find a backing fabric I like in my stash. May have to make my first fabric purchase for the year if I can't find something I like. This quilt is special, so I want the right fabric.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Love those, OKSewGlad!

I bought batting and thread yesterday. I am trying to finish a quilt and can't find a backing fabric I like in my stash. May have to make my first fabric purchase for the year if I can't find something I like. This quilt is special, so I want the right fabric.
Remember, backing doesn't count. So go for it. I will most likely have to get backing for the Panda quilt as well but I have not checked the stash yet. I just doubt that I'll get lucky - but then, you NEVER KNOW, right?
Old 01-29-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Remember, backing doesn't count. So go for it. I will most likely have to get backing for the Panda quilt as well but I have not checked the stash yet. I just doubt that I'll get lucky - but then, you NEVER KNOW, right?
Thanks! I forgot backing doesn't count. I have gone through my stuff twice. I am pretty sure I am hitting a shop tomorrow. I am getting excited to see this one come together!