2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 07-21-2017, 02:13 PM

Fell off with a big bang yesterday and today. I bought backing for four quilts and background for a quilt I want to make. We are on a trip for the next few weeks, so I am claiming travel exemption and also my birthday exemption. We still have at least two more weeks on this trip. Hopefully I will slow down a bit on my purchases - but it is sooooo much fun!
Old 07-21-2017, 04:23 PM

I must confess, too, my birthday was in June and my husband told me to shop, and so I did! Love those civil war fabrics, so needed more for my collection.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:22 AM

OKsewglad- I like that!

My birthday was earlier this month but I haven't used my exemption yet since I am planning on going through my stash to see if there are some colors I need to add. Then the question is how much of which colors to buy??? This is going to be fun

Rob
Old 07-22-2017, 05:04 AM

You all are making me envious for my birthday
Love that design oksewglad but one inch ones yikes!
Sophie2 so glad you're having fun.
Well maybe it doesn't matter as I bought backing the other day and another fabric jumped into the cart too. Could do better but could of been worse too.
I'm also trying to add to my thread (which I know doesn't count) and anything else I can think I might need into retirement. Though hubby does tease when he sees a sack or package and reminds me he's not retiring till the first of next year!
Old 07-22-2017, 03:35 PM

OK, Your 9 patch quilt is awesome. Love your alternating red blocks. Very nice work, as always.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

I managed to get the music quilt sandwiched yesterday. Tried to use the rulers to do STID but that was a bust. For some reason, the quilt wouldn't move smoothly. So I switched to the walking foot. Everything worked fine but when I hung the quilt on the banister, the SID lines are puckered. This was my first attempt at using an all Poly batting. Wonder if that is the cause. Never had that problem with Warm % Natural.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:05 PM

All members who are going or had used the birthday pass have fun shopping for the rest of us. Don't forget to do show and tell. I love pics.

So so far I have not bought any fabric this month. Still working on the other projects.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:58 PM

I went to a Wilmington Print trunk show yesterday. This is the first time I have had this experience. It was fun to see the different quilts. The show was hosted by my LQS and it cost $10. We got a free pattern, fat quarter, a luscious piece of pie (LQS called it the Wilmington Pie Social), and a $10 discount on a purchase. I needed backing fabric for a baby quilt and found some on the 30 % off rack but it was 50% off if I bought the remaining bolt. Well, I didn't need 7.25 yards of adorable blue, orange, and green alligators for the backing but the rest will be used in the tops of a baby quilt or for more backings. Lol!

Connie
Old 07-24-2017, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like everyone is having a great summer!
OK, I love your quilt. I have a thing for quilts with small 9 patches, but mine are usually finish at 1", not start off there.
Haven't been on for a while. Playing hostess at the cottage and a bit of traveling. I'm working on a quilt that's neutral (greys) with pops of color from bright pinwheels. I'm pulling the brights from my stash, but did have to get a couple yards of grey (but that was last month.)
The Paper Princess is doing a wedding, which is keeping me out of the fabric stores, however, I did have to order paper. She needs an odd number of invitations, so I will have left overs to add to my paper stash. <sigh>
Anyone else have more than one type of stash? Paper? Yarn? etc...
Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the kind words regarding my 9P quilt. PPrincess, yes there is something so balanced about the 9P block, just pleasing to the eye and very addictive to make! I used to do several other crafts but when I realized that quilting was my focus I donated all sorts of craft items and got rid of them....Now little bits of fabric take up the empty spaces