Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-21-2017, 05:17 AM

I was just reading all the discussion on QuilterMomma's little mug rug and enjoying the looks of it, a sweet job as always QM. I clean my apartment from all my quilting mess before I went to Georgia for two weeks. Could not get any thing done while I was there. My DGD add the QB site to my phone but, I couldn't post on the site. That was when my password would not connect. All I could do was lurk. Now, my plan visitors have made their house visit. My DGD has made her apartment inspection so now I can get back to the business at hand. "Working on some UFO," I have three of them sandwiched and two of them basted. Those two, I plan to machine quilt with the walking-foot on the 401A. The third one I plan on basting and hand quilting it. But, it's not a UFO, not mine to say. But, we have discussed this 'Scenario' before. The "Viral Quilting Weekend," is coming up the weekend of May 27-29 and I plan on being a part of that. So, I have all my UFO's and new patterns in place. I plan to alternate my projects so I don't get bored with one or the other project. Hopefully, it will make a path for a June finish and two new UFO's in the making. So everyone enjoy your Sunday service (if that is a part of you day). It makes my week go just a little smoother. And Happy Sewing
Old 05-21-2017, 05:46 AM

Martina and Ann2016- exactly my thinking on the embroidery machine, but I sure do get tempted every time I see a cute project like QM's mug rug.

Cherrybsixty- I spent yesterday pulling UFOs and getting them ready for the VQW too-- that's my excuse for the way my sewing space looks today and I'm sticking to it LOL.

QM- yesterday the "squirrel" part of my brain was definitely in overdrive-- between gardening and sorting through UFOs to work on for the VQW (which involved also discovering some orphan blocks and playing around with them on the design wall, and trying to figure out if I can use one of my UFOs to do a "convergence" quilt which would allow me to start something new and complete a UFO at the same time....). I also worked on my temperature quilt and played around in my stash thinking about all those projects that have been running through my head--- well, you get the picture--which is the real reason for why my sewing space looks like several drive by fabric drop offs and a fabric bomb happened in there---- I swear there was absolutely no sugar involved and only a little caffeine.

Rob
Old 05-22-2017, 08:11 AM

There are a few embroidery machines out there that dont cost an arm and leg. Mine is a used one thru newspaper. Also shops have used ones that are nice. It is a matter of searching and asking. I have not used mine to its full potential yet. When i make tge next wearable art piece, it will be used for sure, not to mention daughter's wedding dress. I have two fish quilts to be done that are ufos. Working on the other projects at same time.
One year i made potholders for all my coworkers for Christmas.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:43 PM
DJ

Really cute mug rug!

I invested a small amount in a Brother PE embroidery machine. Didn't know how much I'd use it, but I have amazed myself at all the things I've made with it ... toys for my grandchildren, designs on shirts, little zip pouches, organza flowers, Christmas ornaments, eye glass cases .... the list goes on!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:05 AM

Had some news last night and now have to travel to be with a relative. I will take my quilt that I am hand quilting. Hope to be able to check in here every so often.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:09 PM

Praying for you Anne2016, and your family. Praying for traveling grace for you and peace of mind to do the handwork while you are waiting for a better outcome for your family.

Happy Sewing
Old 05-24-2017, 12:18 PM

Now if i could figure out to post photos with phone i could show you another finish. My Boom 17 is complete with binding.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:44 PM

Progress report: This hasn't been as productive a couple of weeks as I'd hoped BUT I've got 10 of 12 blue floral QAYG blocks quilted. I'm chomping at the bit to put a few sashings on just to give it a try. I think I've got my layout decided upon so I might just do it. We'll see. It will not be finished in May but June is likely. That's still excellent considering my record.

Re: an embroidery machine...I've thought about it too but I've barely got enough time to work on my regular machine so maybe it'll be something for the future.

Anne2016, I hope all will be well.

QM, you know I'm very excited to see your Boom 17 quilt. I will be patient!
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Now if i could figure out to post photos with phone i could show you another finish. My Boom 17 is complete with binding.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Now hubby is battling kidney stones which doesn't make for happy quilting vibes. I hope that June will be more productive for me.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:56 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573575[/ATTACH]Here is the one Boom 17 swap that I did. I even used scrappy binding. I love the Irish Chain setting blocks, made them so much more cohesive. Yeah, another UFO done for me. Now onto the next one that is on the design wall as we type. It is another scrappy that I started last April, 2016.
Attached Thumbnails boom-17-ufo.jpg