Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 08-06-2017, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
Another August finish. I did a lot of machine stitching in June/July knowing that we were going to be traveling and I would need some hand stitching to do. This has been a UFO for a few years. [ATTACH=CONFIG]578052[/ATTACH]
You're on a roll, Sophie2! Lovely finish.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:18 PM

Such lovely UFO finishes everyone. I like them all.

I found out today, I'm getting back 2 quilted UFO tops from the long armer on Saturday. I'm so excited. ��������I'm getting another quilted top back, but I can't remember if it is an UFO or not. It's really bad I can't remember what I gave her 2 weeks ago. I will just have to sew the binding on these quilts. I'll post pics when I have the binding sewn on the quilts. I will also give her another quilt top that is not a UFO to quilt for me. I just have to change 12 blocks to get the pattern I want. And put it back together and add 2 borders. I put my BHMQ 2016 together, but I don't like it at all. The yellow blocks overwhelm the design. So I'm taking it all apart and taking the yellow blocks out and swapping it with something else. Unsure what the other fabric is though. I reallly do love the pattern and most of the colors on her mystery this year. So I'm very motivated to get this top completed. Oh I finished my RWB table topper. Will post pic soon. Well that's all my UFO news for now. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:06 AM

nice finishes Sophie and Angelanne!

Happylab- I've got an unsewing project to deal with too-- I forgot to trim my HSTs for the two July columns on my temperature Quilt before stitching them together and joining the columns to each other. I realized the problem last night when I went to attatch those columns to the rest of the quilt-oops, too much of a difference in length to be able to ease in. Hence I will be taking both columns apart, trimming the HSTs (all 62 of them -31 for July high temps and 31 for July low temps) and putting them back together. That should take just about the whole afternoon, sheesh....

Rob
Old 08-10-2017, 01:37 PM

Rob, I feel your pain for the frog step. I have my blocks separated, just need to iron, and replace some and add some 2.5' blocks. This way the pattern should look the way I had intended. I really enjoyed working on this quilt. At least you are several months ahead of me on the temp quilt. I'm back in February. At least, I'm keeping track of the daily temps. Happy sewing.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:07 AM

I have been able to finish up a few more small projects this month. We did a 3 1/2 week driving trip, so was able to do hand stitching while DH did the driving. I got the pumpkin wall hanging a few years ago on a trip thru the Northeast. I found the pumpkin yoyo kit while I was looking for something else. Forgot I had them. Stitched them while in the truck. After we got home I was putting the yoyo pumpkins together and came across the snowman family that I had done the yoyos but never got around to putting them together. We are back home now so I think the "finishes" will slow down a bit. Feels good to get so much done this month - even if they are small projects.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]578898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]578899[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0768.jpg   img_0766.jpg   img_0745.jpg  

Last edited by Sophie2; 08-15-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: One picture should not have been included
Old 08-15-2017, 10:23 AM

Oh my! such fun-fun projects. Great finishes.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:08 AM

I love those snowmen and pumpkins!! It never occurred to me that you could do something with yo-yos like that. Congratulations on 8 finishes!

Rob
Old 08-15-2017, 11:29 AM

Sophie2, congrats on finishing such cute projects.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:48 PM

Your snowmen and pumpkins are so cute. What a clever idea.

I have my blocks completed. Just need to iron and sew together and sew to the rest of the top.
I cut out and sewed the strips together for my binding on my 3 projects. Just need to iron and sew to the 3 quilts. I consider 2 of the quilts small and one large. Hopefully next week I will have all completed.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:33 AM

Good morning UFO'ers, thought I'd better add a voice to the thread, I haven't had an input lately. I have some sewing machine issues going in my house. So there forth not much being completed. I have a couple of charity projects that are in the sandwich stage. I have that Craftsy project waiting on batting. So, I've been doing some small alterations for my church family. I might as well say it, the 401A is still having tension problems along with the serge machine and one of the featherweight (1932). Thank heaven for the mid-century FW, or I wouldn't have a machine. but I really need to address one of those machine to being operative. Look like the OSM is going to get rich off of me for the next few months. It's like the ole saying goes, "your babies don't get sick until you can't afford to take them to the doctor." Well everyone have a good sewing day and every thing that you are posting looks gorgeous. Keep up the good work. Maybe next month I will have some of my issues resolved.