Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-30-2017, 08:19 AM

Well, Marymild, you still have two days. Any chance you can do it??? If not, it could be an early finish for next year!
Originally Posted by marymild View Post
There are already 82 pages of people in this challenge. I guess I'll start page 83. I started to put together a quilt for which my grandmother made the squares. I don't know many years ago I started to hand quilt the quilt. I still have several blocks that need quilting and all of the borders and then the quilt needs binding. If I could finish this one UFO this year it would be a major accomplishment.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 AM

Grand, QM, just grand! Congratulations and Toot, Toot on your five UFO finishes. They are so cheery!
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586010[/ATTACH]
So all five of these are done. I am so thrilled to have gotten these done.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:27 AM

Lovely advent calendar, EJ. Congratulations and Toot, Toot for your UFO finish. And now you are all set for next Christmas!
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
...I have finally finished my advent calendar panel just in time for...er..Christmas next year...oh well, better late than never It is a makower panel from a few years ago. I've been working on it on and off for probably 3 years. I attached the pockets, tacked it to batting, quilted around the train outline and border, pieced the backing, attached a hanging sleeve and bound it. I'm happy to have it finished and looking forward to Christmas 2018 when I can pull it out of the cupboard, guilt-free, knowing that it is ready to use
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586143[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586144[/ATTACH]
Old 12-30-2017, 08:30 AM

Belfrybat, congratulations on your two beautiful UFO finishes. Toot, Toot times two.
Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I have two more finishes and three that only need the binding. These are all throw sized prayer quilts. Not sure I'll get to the last three before January as I got behind on On Ringo Lake mystery and would like to get caught up this weekend. This is the second earthtones snowball quilt I've made and this time I used smaller squares and like it better. It's a pattern from MSQC.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586186[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586187[/ATTACH]
Old 12-30-2017, 08:36 AM

I hope to get a confirmation PM that the person who expressed interest will actually take it over. I'm not 100 percent sure but I know this challenge will continue.

Thank you to everyone who participated this year. It's been filled with hundreds of gorgeous and inspiring finishes. And take heart, even if you had "only" a couple of finishes (like me) or even no finishes, if you worked on a UFO, it's a win. Keep plugging away!

Anyone else have more finishes for 2017 to post? I'll continue to check this thread for a few days into 2018 to pick up those last minute finishes and I'll post the total.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:26 PM

Well, I know I won't have any more finishes for this year, but when I got home from Christmas with the grandbabies, I decided to do a "walk thru" to see what I have.

Without looking into the closet, I have 11 UFO's, 7 kits (not started), 1 commission quilt (which I really need to get started on) and two quilts that I hope to have ready for MQX - one of those is also a UFO. If I finish all these this year, that will give me my goal of 1 per month.
I have no clue what might be lurking in the closet and totes.

So, I'll definitely be on the 2018 UFO train, as well as the 2018 Fabric Moratorium.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:28 PM

Yes, I'm in for 2018. I've managed to get the easy UFOs done, thanks to the encouragement of this group, so the ones left are more difficult. But I need a challenge, right? Right!
Old 12-31-2017, 09:51 AM

We had our family here for a few days, and I didn't go near the sewing room. Now I have caught the lovely cold one of the kids brought for us. Can't complain, though, because it's the first time I've been sick all year, and it's not too bad. I'm much more in the mood for reading about quilting than actually doing anything. I have really enjoyed visiting this board and seeing all the great projects that got done in 2017. You all have been an inspiration to me, and I wouldn't miss it in 2018. I still have a bunch of UFO's waiting for me. I don't even want to count. One at a time is the only way to approach them. Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-31-2017, 05:08 PM

A few late finishes. Actually, the finishes aren't late, just the posting Trying to remember where I got to in posting my finishes, but here it goes:
First one is a panel I picked up a couple of years ago. Finally got inspired and put borders on it at a retreat. Quilted and bound in time for Christmas. Second is from a set of fat quarters I bought a few years ago. Finally decided to do something with them - and now I have my January window display.

I see that neither of these photos have binding on them. Hopefully you'll take my word for the fact that they are 100% finished and in use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586331[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586332[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pb121216.jpg   pb121218.jpg  
Old 12-31-2017, 05:23 PM

Kristakz, Such lovely finishes. I really like the blue deer w/h. Congrats on your finish.